From WDW to DL With Love - January 06, 2011 part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did that for the first time for our cruise in Dec. It made unpacking a little bit more of a pain but it was so well worth it knowing that if something did happen to one piece of luggage we would all be w/o a few instead of one of us being w/o a lot. As heavy as I pack, one piece of luggage with just one of our belongings could still go missing and there would be another filled with that same person's belongings. :rotfl:

I used to try and pack mine and John's separately as, like you said, unpacking is so much easier, but we had a bag go missing, fortunately on return, from Tenerife(Spanish Island) It took 5 days to arrive home, and it just made me think about if it had been going the other way. Of course setting off on a cruise would be worse if you didn't have long enough to wait for the bag to turn up before the cruise set sail

Also we had a more expensive items in there, so now we carry them in our hand luggage.

Anyone going to the Passholder or DVC Hawaii events on Sunday, July 25th? They are both at the Contemporary. Passholder event is at 9:00am and we are going to the DVC event at 3:00pm. We will probably just hang out at the pool between and/or after.

Wow, I didn't even hear about this! If I can get off of work, I'll be there. Do you know if it was an invitation only, or as long as your an ap you're good? Thanks! :)

A good tip is to mix the family's clothing between cases, and then if one case is lost/delayed at least you all have some clothes. Imagine losing a bag containing all of your clothes.:scared1:

Did that for the first time for our cruise in Dec. It made unpacking a little bit more of a pain but it was so well worth it knowing that if something did happen to one piece of luggage we would all be w/o a few instead of one of us being w/o a lot. As heavy as I pack, one piece of luggage with just one of our belongings could still go missing and there would be another filled with that same person's belongings. :rotfl:

I have been packing that way for a long time but I generally have to go back through to be sure that I didn't miss something which sort of defeats the purpose. Packing for an off season trip is easier though.

Took me forever to get back to sleep too! I started wondering if I should go ahead, get the suitcase out, and start packing!

Packing early gets me in trouble - and being an overpacker makes it worse. For our double-dip last year, I put my laptop on the kitchen counter, the suitcase on the kitchen table and hung outfits together in the hallway. I would write down what I was putting in columns by suitcase so I could go back if I forgot what I did. Took longer but I will say, much more organized and I didn't feel as frantic as I often do. I decided that was the way to go.

Packing early gets me in trouble - and being an overpacker makes it worse. For our double-dip last year, I put my laptop on the kitchen counter, the suitcase on the kitchen table and hung outfits together in the hallway. I would write down what I was putting in columns by suitcase so I could go back if I forgot what I did. Took longer but I will say, much more organized and I didn't feel as frantic as I often do. I decided that was the way to go.

I just can't pack till the day before, or if i am feeling that way out the day before that. I'm usually wearing clothes I want to take anyway - though I'm not thinking I will be going out in my formal gear in the days before the cruise!!!! Or any of my summer clothes for that matter!!:lmao:

I'm a trifle worried because Christmas and New Year fall just before the vacation!!!:scared1: FOOD!!!!!

I just can't pack till the day before, or if i am feeling that way out the day before that. I'm usually wearing clothes I want to take anyway - though I'm not thinking I will be going out in my formal gear in the days before the cruise!!!! Or any of my summer clothes for that matter!!:lmao:

I'm a trifle worried because Christmas and New Year fall just before the vacation!!!:scared1: FOOD!!!!!

Ok, I know its silly, but we still pack our own cases, we argue over wt so it is an accident waiting to happen but hey ho.

I have everything out for about a week and have a very extensive list system:lmao: going on, but pack the night before.

YES, I hear ya re this cruise and after xmas, kinda makes me glad I will be working so much cause I cant drink any wine,:confused3 Its the devil wine that does it for me.:teacher: one glass,leads to another,then another, then I eat whatever I fancy,then I cant be bothered to get up and go for a run the next moring.

I always thought I could not pack early as well but I must say, I did last November and I never go that awful, rushed feeling I generally get before we leave for longer than a weekend. I was packed (except those items that can't go in until right before you leave) two days before we left! We didn't have snow yet but it was below freezing so packing my summer clothing wasn't an issue.

As far as the Christmas/New Year's weight gain - I had best be very careful, especially if the reunion cruise takes place over Christmas. Stairs, Gail, use the stairs!

Wow, I didn't even hear about this! If I can get off of work, I'll be there. Do you know if it was an invitation only, or as long as your an ap you're good? Thanks! :)

You have to sign up on-line. Go to the disneyworld.com website, login and go to Passholder section. If you have trouble finding it, PM me and I'll send you a direct link.

YES, I hear ya re this cruise and after xmas, kinda makes me glad I will be working so much cause I cant drink any wine,:confused3 Its the devil wine that does it for me.:teacher: one glass,leads to another,then another, then I eat whatever I fancy,then I cant be bothered to get up and go for a run the next moring.

One benefit being on a no alcohol diet I guess!!! Although I still eat everything I fancy!!!:lmao:

We didn't have snow yet but it was below freezing so packing my summer clothing wasn't an issue.

Living in South Texas, we do have that issue. Some of the clothes that we would need on a Caribbean vacation we tend to use year round - capris, short sleeved shirts, flip flops and shorts. Sure, we have our cold (well cold for us :rotfl:) moments, but they are usually such short lived that we could be in sweaters on Wednesday and in shorts by Saturday!

I have already stated a list and will continue to add to it. That way, I can pack as close to the trip as possible.

Living in South Texas, we do have that issue. Some of the clothes that we would need on a Caribbean vacation we tend to use year round - capris, short sleeved shirts, flip flops and shorts. Sure, we have our cold (well cold for us :rotfl:) moments, but they are usually such short lived that we could be in sweaters on Wednesday and in shorts by Saturday!

I have already stated a list and will continue to add to it. That way, I can pack as close to the trip as possible.

I would have a melt down packing if I didnt have my list:scared1:

Oh my!!!!:lmao: Phew, naked at Animators. You would be the Show there that night.:rotfl2:

One thing is for sure, and please I don't mean this in a negative way agenst anyone, This would be way more entertaining than the show in Animators. I am in the minority but show night in Animators does zero for me. Way over hyped in my opinion. As far as packing, let's see we leave for FL on 1/4/11 so I will probably start paking on 1/3/11. I don't do lists. I just count. DW is a very early packer, I think she started before we even had a reservation. My late packing drives her crazy.

I just had a thought. Do you think the ship will still be decorated for Christmas for part of the cruise?

One thing is for sure, and please I don't mean this in a negative way agenst anyone, This would be way more entertaining than the show in Animators. I am in the minority but show night in Animators does zero for me. Way over hyped in my opinion. As far as packing, let's see we leave for FL on 1/4/11 so I will probably start paking on 1/3/11. I don't do lists. I just count. DW is a very early packer, I think she started before we even had a reservation. My late packing drives her crazy.
The show isnt so great but I love the look of the place, always cold though, and it goes with my dres,lol.
Lens so funny with his packing, while I am having a meltdown, he says" how many pairs of socks should I take" I say What!!!!I dont know,please yerself!!
At least you do your own packing Alan so I would let you off,lol
I just had a thought. Do you think the ship will still be decorated for Christmas for part of the cruise?

ooo, good question.

:yay::yay::yay::yay::yay:
I am :cheer2: in a cheerleading mood tonight.

SHould see the weather in scotland, It florida style rain. without the heat and disney world, and starbucks and publix and great service and my american friends, and my dis friends, not long to go, 9 weeks today I will be in Barcelona:woohoo:

I hadn't even mentioned packing around the kids but DS4 just came down and said he wanted me to get his suitcase out of his closet so he could pack toys in it for the Mickey Boat. Little does he know that we are not going to have room for an entire suitcase full of toys!

I doubt it. Linda and I watched (not necessarily together but we were on the same cruise) them deocorate it last year on our Nov. cruise (part 2) and it was absolutely amazing - SO FAST. I bet they get it down shortly after the New Year's cruise.

Well, hold that thought. I just looked and the Wonder is doing the 7-day cruise for New Years (probably not news to you all but to me, sorta) but I still bet that it will be down before we board - or most of it.

If the Wonder was only going to be on the West Coast for part of the year I could see them getting them down and off the ship before it sails West b/c they'll want it back in WDW's Christmas Warehouse.

But with it being permanently on the West Coast I would guess that the Wonder's decorations would now come from DL's Christmas Warehouse. So maybe we'll get to take them with us.:confused3

I don't think the holiday stuff will be up. I think they will be taking it down on the New Years cruise. That is just my thoughts since we leave 6 days after the New Year.

I hadn't even mentioned packing around the kids but DS4 just came down and said he wanted me to get his suitcase out of his closet so he could pack toys in it for the Mickey Boat. Little does he know that we are not going to have room for an entire suitcase full of toys!

oh, bless.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter