• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

From WDW to DL With Love - January 06, 2011 part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hi lynne,
I know all about it, again media making a bigger deal and not reporting all the facts. Also, I have commented on that thread saying that I believe we need to be fined as we messed up. What the media is not reporting is that we only have to pay $90,000 up front. $20,000 will be forgiven if we update our web site and the other $90,000 will be forgiven if we don't mess up again.

Hello everyone. Returned safe and sound from Atlanta. Terrible storms there on Saturday as well - missed the reception that was supposed to be in the Olympic Park. But, once we got past that, all was just fine. Super tired and hopefully can get myself righted around this weekend.

Welcome to all the new folks. Great pics of the swing and train Denise and the Wonder vacation looked just awesome Jen. And, I hope that no one had major damage from the storms - not fun.

Well, spend the afternoon with the endodontist and am sad to report that I am $500 poorer than I was when I went. Thank heaven I have a medical reimbursement plan. But, I am happy to report that all feeling has returned and I am not in any pain.

Well, take care and have a good weekend.

Hello everyone. Returned safe and sound from Atlanta. Terrible storms there on Saturday as well - missed the reception that was supposed to be in the Olympic Park. But, once we got past that, all was just fine. Super tired and hopefully can get myself righted around this weekend.

Welcome to all the new folks. Great pics of the swing and train Denise and the Wonder vacation looked just awesome Jen. And, I hope that no one had major damage from the storms - not fun.

Well, spend the afternoon with the endodontist and am sad to report that I am $500 poorer than I was when I went. Thank heaven I have a medical reimbursement plan. But, I am happy to report that all feeling has returned and I am not in any pain.

Well, take care and have a good weekend.

Glad to hear you survived - Trip - storm and Dentist!

Hi everyone! What a day...lots of wind here. Unfortunately, I lost my entire side yard fence. My neighbors and I are now 1 :lmao:

Waiting for the estimate to fix it to come back..it took out everything with it. A lot of my Disney statues and all of my lights that were hung on the fence Luckily it didn't take out my fountain or table with it.

Never ending fun!

Hope eveyone had a better Thursday then us! Oh well..could have been worse.

Ok I kinda get how you figured she's my DD. So even though she reads this - i see she figured out her bday is going through the Canal, what can we do for her to celebrate - wthout getting her in trouble!! thanks!

And I'm not on these boards every day and there's so much to read. HELP!! I saw to send tigfanjeff a private message and someone else, but i'm not sure how to do that. Who should I send msgs to (once we really sign up for it)????

So, we are Sherri and Alan, but probably only me, Sherri, (as you can see from teh name) posting. We live north of D.C. Anyone else from there? I have 3 kids but only the CM will be on the cruise with us - and of course, she won't be with us! This will be our 3rd cruise, did a 4 day and a 7 day Disney cruise before. We're in our mid = to upper 50's. We'd love to meet people on the ship who are night owls and like to "walk all over" the ship- we just walk, and watch the stars, and people watch and such. This is after the late dinner and show and over 18 shows.

Looking forward to seeing if i can figure any of this out!!

I must confess, I am partly self motivated with regard to this. Could we do a review of the bracelets, the pc crossing certificates, the shirts, and the fish extenders? I can't recall who to contact and it would be nice for the newer people to have an update on these items.

On that note, hello all you new people!

Nice pictures Jen!

Wild weather! Glad everyone and pets are safe!

Love the train thing!!! How great!

Oh yes please!! I'll keep reading to see if this happened! thanks!

Hi everyone! What a day...lots of wind here. Unfortunately, I lost my entire side yard fence. My neighbors and I are now 1 :lmao:

Waiting for the estimate to fix it to come back..it took out everything with it. A lot of my Disney statues and all of my lights that were hung on the fence Luckily it didn't take out my fountain or table with it.

Never ending fun!

Yikes - there sure has been some crazy weather lately! Sorry to hear about your statues:sad2:. I have a Mickey in my front flower bed and he survived both Katrina and Ike. He's one strong Mickey! And hurricane season is just around the corner! Just over a month and we have to start watching out for those. Sure hope it's another quite year.

I must confess, I am partly self motivated with regard to this. Could we do a review of the bracelets, the pc crossing certificates, the shirts, and the fish extenders? I can't recall who to contact and it would be nice for the newer people to have an update on these items.

Bracelets - :thumbsup2
PC crossing certificates - :thumbsup2
Shirts - :confused3 haven't seen anything on this, but just joined this thread in Jan. I guess i missed it
FE- :thumbsup2 Already got ideas for kids, teen girls, and women. How come the teen boys and men always cause me to draw a blank????

Wow, glad to hear all the weather problems...no glad to hear all are ok in SPITE of all the weather problems. DS is in college in Atlanta (aka Hotlanta) and he didn't say a word!

how do u make fish extenders??

what bracelets? etc?

Why does my and dd "status" under our nom-de-plume's say "earning our ears" and others have other stuff?

so i sound as confused as i am?

Sherri
-
ps frugal is MUCH better than stingy - either one works though when you make no money!

Hi lynne,
I know all about it, again media making a bigger deal and not reporting all the facts. Also, I have commented on that thread saying that I believe we need to be fined as we messed up. What the media is not reporting is that we only have to pay $90,000 up front. $20,000 will be forgiven if we update our web site and the other $90,000 will be forgiven if we don't mess up again.
:thumbsup2

Never ending fun!

It no fun going to retrieve your fence, at least it wasnt on your car or something.

Hi everyone. I've been incognito trying to help a friend get moved into her new home. Still have a few days to go so don't get overly chatty!!!;) I'll never chatch up!

Hey everyone just wanted to say hi. Everyone is so chatty lol. I haven't been on here for awhile. Getting so excited for the cruise. We leave tues for the world for a week. Super excited for it since its turning cold here in canada and they are talking snow so very much looking forward to the nice weather. Take care everyone and catch ya in a week :):yay:

Hey everyone just wanted to say hi. Everyone is so chatty lol. I haven't been on here for awhile. Getting so excited for the cruise. We leave tues for the world for a week. Super excited for it since its turning cold here in canada and they are talking snow so very much looking forward to the nice weather. Take care everyone and catch ya in a week :):yay:

Have fun. :cool1:

Good Morning fellow PC cruisers. TGIF! Busy weekend ahead. Youngest DS is home with his GF before he leaves for Winona. Middle DS and his wife will be along too and we are all going to oldest's DS's tonight to plan our excursion attack for our December cruise. LOVE HAVING THEM ALL TOGETHER!

Then, once I can get that trip all out of the way (planning that is), I can begin to work on this one.

Take care and I will check back later.

Just made our final payment!!!! :banana::banana:

Now to set aside the money for the flight, tips and excursions!!!

I know it's only May, but I am so excited to be doing this again.

Ok I kinda get how you figured she's my DD. So even though she reads this - i see she figured out her bday is going through the Canal, what can we do for her to celebrate - wthout getting her in trouble!! thanks!

And I'm not on these boards every day and there's so much to read. HELP!! I saw to send tigfanjeff a private message and someone else, but i'm not sure how to do that. Who should I send msgs to (once we really sign up for it)????

So, we are Sherri and Alan, but probably only me, Sherri, (as you can see from teh name) posting. We live north of D.C. Anyone else from there? I have 3 kids but only the CM will be on the cruise with us - and of course, she won't be with us! This will be our 3rd cruise, did a 4 day and a 7 day Disney cruise before. We're in our mid = to upper 50's. We'd love to meet people on the ship who are night owls and like to "walk all over" the ship- we just walk, and watch the stars, and people watch and such. This is after the late dinner and show and over 18 shows.

Looking forward to seeing if i can figure any of this out!!

i might be working ON my birthday, but as long as you two can stay up late enough, we'll do something after work :) but i saw the full itinerary on the DCL website and saw we'll be cruising through the canal on my actual day :) how's THAT for unique? i've spent my last 2 birthdays in Disneyland, and even though this will be the 3rd yr in a row with Disney, how cool that my bday is IN the Panama Canal??? haha

they prob figured it out b/c i said i was sending my mom here, and i believe i'm the only CM posting here (i guess you figured out what "CM" stands for hehe)

ok... to send a PM, you want to left click on a username, and a little drop box will fall down- one of the options is to send a PM. so that's how you PM someone. when you're booked, you can opt to send a photo and your cabin # to join in the festivities of the group. for that photo, if you want to, you can include your lovely DD in the photo :) haha j/k

have you guys decided if you're using points or CM discount?

if you read back a few pages, there seems to be a belief that rooms will open up in september when final payments are due for people who are booked already. but they may not be veranda rooms, and i don't know for sure that they;ll be cheaper than booking now. maybe put in a reservation now, and see what happens in september. you can probably cancel the current reservation, then find out if the same rooms (or the room you want) is available at a cheaper price b/c people canceled out. i dunno... i told daddy about this.

we are "earning our ears" because we are new to the boards. those are identifiers to let board users know kinda how new we are to the board. the more you post, the more that status will change. don't worry about it, it's just something extra fun. many message boards have that. the owners of the boards can customize the levels and what the statuses say.

fish extenders are kinda like a hanging mail folder, preferably made out of fabric (which makes them easier to carry and lighter to carry too) and you hang them from...your fish! i've seen pix of them here on the board somewhere. you can probably do a forum search for fish extenders and see what they are. i don't think you'd have to make one, per se, you can probably buy something cheap at BBB or Target that would suffice, then you can decorate it if you want.

i know nothing about bracelets, tshirts, certificates, etc. that must have been discussed on one of the 100+ pages of posts before now.

Hi everyone. I've been incognito trying to help a friend get moved into her new home. Still have a few days to go so don't get overly chatty!!!;) I'll never chatch up!
Well, I am away to the first uk disney convention so no chatting for me:thumbsup2 We are meeting cruise budies from our ta for the first time, so excited to be meeting them:banana:See you real soon.
Have fun.
Good Morning fellow PC cruisers. TGIF! Busy weekend ahead. Youngest DS is home with his GF before he leaves for Winona. Middle DS and his wife will be along too and we are all going to oldest's DS's tonight to plan our excursion attack for our December cruise. LOVE HAVING THEM ALL TOGETHER!

Then, once I can get that trip all out of the way (planning that is), I can begin to work on this one.

Take care and I will check back later.
Have a great a weekend.
Just made our final payment!!!! :banana::banana:

Now to set aside the money for the flight, tips and excursions!!!

I know it's only May, but I am so excited to be doing this again.

:banana::banana::banana::banana: I have a sore head thinking about paying for this cruise!:rolleyes1

Hello from Vegas. I am here for a friends Wedding tonight. Found a great place to stay far from the strip for $45 a night. includes Free internet and free hot breakfast. Awesome

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter