From the Sea to the World - Holiday Edition - Completed

Didn't realize you were on vacation! I was wondering where you went. This trip looks WONDERFUL! Looking forward to reading all about it. :)

Looking forward to reading about your new adventures. Your photos are great teasers of what is to come.

Welcome back!

OMG! I just LOVE your preview pics! ALL of them ............ and I cannot wait for the actual TR!

Welcome Back! Love the "teaser" pics! :love: And looks like someone has been working on dropping some kilos.................. :thumbsup2

And no pictures of "my Monkey" :sad2:

Sorry! I am still not sure I would recognize your monkey...

Another benefit of cooler weather, the Tigers are up and about.:goodvibes

Yes, but I think I have read that they now have replaced the tigers and the cheetahs as those animals were rather old when they came to AK. Now they have younger animals and they are more active regardless of the weather.

Well HELLO CAROL!!!! At least I think it is her. I had a safari driver one that pointed out a giraffe and said it was his favorite and her name is Carol. :rotfl2: So that HAS to be her. :rotfl2::rotfl2:

I think your story is not so crazy, when we did the Wild Africa Trek there was a story about one giraffe being different from the others... So maybe Carol is really Carol!

If ever on the dining plan, that is an excellent QS value. That and the Quick Service Steak at Pepper Mark at CS. HAs to be better than the steak my DS ordered once at IHOP..... yes he really did as I cringed..:rotfl:

Hmmm, I would not be tempted to order steak at a restaurant specializing in pancakes...

Hey I was there when we found that out. :thumbsup2 Well not really because it was closed but still glad we had time together. And yes I hate you can't get a drink after Illuminations. Except now if you pay extra. :headache:

Yes, it was a nice evening despite the lack of film in France! And we got to ride Test Track together instead!

I agree with you on the drink after Illuminations. I don't understand why they think that the typical Epcot visitor would only drink during the day and stop at 9pm??? In other places they seem to push alcohol, like with all the pop up carts they now have at DHS, but then they stop selling anything at 9pm in Epcot...

Now that is nuts. In this day and age and just about every CM having some sort of device the excuse of not printing up something because it might change is ludicrous, it can be changed in an instant.

My big beef about not posting ingredients at festival time. :rolleyes1

That is crazy!!

interesting!

Yes it is..... A couple of letters in different places and it turns into something not family friendly. :scared:

Ah!

The carpet was worth it- I love it. So happy he could supervise the job when I couldn't.:love:

That was really nice of him!!

Well you mentioned getting out of your wet clothes, no mention of having anything dry to put on so I am making that assumption....... unless you "towel dressed" ( used towels to make a dress to wear- I am known for the towel skirt ;) OVER my suit) it back to the room.

I always pack something to change into!! Unless I go to a pool that is close to my hotel room. My mother always made us change out of our swim suits as kids after swimming, so I guess it is one of those things that stick with you when you get older...

Like Marv said - there are several that are good. At the AA pavilion, the Kwanzaa and Hanukkah were pretty good too.

Oh, that's good to know as these interest me particularly!

Well then it is unanimous. Book that trip. :goodvibes:laughing:

Not this year though - Michael is going to be in Germany for the holiday season. And then there is that issue with the 11-month window before you can book!

When decorations start going up right at Halloween, it does get a bit much. The radio stations start playing Christmas music not much later and well by December I am just over it sometimes.

Since Halloween does not really happen here that much, Christmas sometimes even starts in October. My supermarket already has started putting out Christmas baked goods.

Loved your wrap up very much, and I like the idea of doing a TR that is "outside" of Disney focused. But I am biased having grown up there. It'll be fun to hear your impressions of stuff.

Now that the trip is over, I think there still we plenty of Disneyland stuff in it. I have pretty good notes and plenty of pictures! But I am more excited about writing about the other stuff that we saw.

Michael- SO glad you found your phone! I'd have been peeing myself- like you, I'm a hand carrier so I know where it is ALL the time.

I can't understand carrying the phone in my hand. But if it works for you...

So sad your TR is over, looking forward to reading about your cruise when it is started.

I feel your pain when it comes to Long distance relationships, my DH and I started out long distance, luckily for only about 2 years but it was awful to say good bye.

Glad to hear Michael's Dad has stabilized, hope he continues to do better.

Your California Trip sounds like it will be a nice one, looking forward to hearing about it, as much as you want to tell.

Thank you for your nice words! Michael's dad is doing ok, but is still battling issues.

What a nice treat to read when one had to get up at 5.30 in the morning!!
I'll be back to comment properly later one, but wanted to thank you for entertaining me in the morning and to wish you a great trip!

I don't think you ever came back to comment properly. I guess being on vacation in Bavaria was far too stressful!

Switch the "R" and the "F" in Fuddruckers and you'd end up with a naughty word. I've heard people make that mistake before.

Oh!!!

I can't imagine how hard that is. I'm glad you got these 3 weeks to be together. Hopefully the future trip will have less stress!

This summers trip was far far less stress! And hopefully we are going to see each other soon and for a longer stretch of time!

There are plenty! You can get Fat Tire in bottles, not just in cans.

If you ever see beers from Dogfish Head Brewery, they're made right here in Delaware! They have a good reputation, too.

I wonder if they had something to do with that Boardwalk ornament...

Yes, I found craft beer in bottles in California!! Found some really nice ones and even saw Dogfish once, but went with something more local: Sierra Nevada. Will keep it in mind for the next Florida trip though! It will be easy to remember: the Boardwalk ornament brewery!

:woohoo::cool1: Sounds wonderful! I'd probably avoid the jalapenos and mayo, though. If it had BBQ sauce....

The jalapeños were very spicy, I think I removed some of them...

That sounds like a challenge to me!:rotfl:

I am surprised that you did not put it on the plan for your December weekend!

:rotfl2::rotfl: It's always funny to hear the truth from the workers.

Yes, I find it fascinating to hear about the real workings of the whole them park business.

Disney is always happy to take your money!

I guess you are right there!

Ugh. I suppose this sales technique must work since they keep using it, but it only serves to make me less likely to buy.

I don't get it either. But then I would never buy anything as expensive as a time share on a whim. It took me two years researching and number crunching before I bought into DVC. But so many people buy DVC as a spur of moment decision on vacation as well. For some people that might work very well (and most likely worked much better in the past when prices for buying direct were still halfway sensible), but I am sure that there are plenty who really have no clue what they bought and what they are going to do with it in the future...

Uh oh. I think we're planning on being there on a Saturday night in December, since we're not doing the party. Is that a bad idea?

Your plans are most likely quite set already. Just be prepared for it to be crowded! Not sure if you even would have a different evening option for the MK with all the parties? All non-party evenings are very crowded in my opinion, but Saturday seems to be the worst. If you are prepared to stay late (I guess the MK will be open to 12am or 1am?), then the last two hours might improve somewhat. Otherwise, don't plan on this being a time when you ride a lot of rides, but just enjoy the Christmas decorations and the park in general.

Sounds wonderful!

You will get to experience the Christmas season at WDW soon yourself!

It is a beautiful one, though.

It is, but I prefer more livelier Christmas carols.

::yes:: It is terrible. I hate seeing the actual meaning of the holiday get further and further lost each year.

I found that it really helps to step out of the normal December routine to get a new perspective on Christmas. But that does not mean that the craziness around you won't continue...

Yes! I think the WL theme goes best with the decorations.

Oh, it would be such a great fit! But then they are going to totally change the feel of that resort with the new DVC conversions and bungalows there I am afraid...

I hope you aren't too burned out! I really enjoy your trip reports--it's great to get a non-American perspective! And your real-life updates are a lot of fun too! Whatever you decide to do, I'm on board!

Thanks for this very enjoyable TR, and it was great to finally "meet" Michael!

Thank you for reading along!! I think California really gave me a lot of new energy and I am really looking forward to sharing our adventures with you!

I'm so behind I don't know where it is I ate, that is being referred to. MIA as usual. :( I miss everyone

Cynthia, I am sorry that you are so busy!! We miss you, too! The reference to you was to the Turf Club! Michael and I really loved our meal there and I think you ate there on your girls trip and liked it, too. Just to explain the reference!!

Thank you for sharing your trip with us! I loved every single installment and cannot wait for the next one (hint, hint - nodnol;))

Katharina has a lot of things going on and I even offered to take over the Norway trip report. But she says she really wants to do it, so hopefully she will soon find some time! I am really looking forward to that trip report as well!

Sounds like you are off for another great time ..... have a great and magical trip! And I for one am very much looking forward to your California report. :wave2:

I hope you will enjoy the new trip report!

Great ending to your Trip Report!! I don't think I would go back to House of Blues , only because I don't like Spicy and it was alittle tooo much for my taste . Service was great no complaints and food was well prepared etc just tooo spicy for me !!

I can understand that it is not the place for people who don't like it a bit spicy. But I would think that they can adjust.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter