From the HOJO to Goofy's Diner?

skmommy2009

Earning My Ears
Just trying to get my days straight and allow enough time to get everywhere. If we have reservations for 9 am at Goofy's...what time should we leave Hojo???

Silly question, but I have really no concept of how big Disneyland really is! :confused:

hojo's is about 10-15 minutes from the gate entrance, and then you walk to down town disney......... give your self 45 minutes or more to walk it and relax and enjoy :)

We made this walk a few weeks ago. We left our room an hour before our reservation and got there about 15 minutes early. We had a sit and stand stroller for our 8 and 5 year olds so we weren't moving all that fast.

I probably won't make that walk again. What I would do is see if you could take a taxi to DLH and then walk to the parks. It was longer than I thought. Not terrible, but a lot of effort for dinner! KWIM?

We had a car and should have used it! I thought that walking would be easier. HA!

Also, there are no restrooms in Goofy's Kitchen. You might want to take everyone inside the DLH before sitting down. We had to get up, go outside, up the escalator and to the restroom with both kids during dinner. I hope that is just because of the remodel. Maybe they will have restrooms on the same floor after it is finished. It would certainly make sense in a place designed for families!:goodvibes

We made this walk a few weeks ago. We left our room an hour before our reservation and got there about 15 minutes early. We had a sit and stand stroller for our 8 and 5 year olds so we weren't moving all that fast.

I probably won't make that walk again. What I would do is see if you could take a taxi to DLH and then walk to the parks. It was longer than I thought. Not terrible, but a lot of effort for dinner! KWIM?

We had a car and should have used it! I thought that walking would be easier. HA!

Also, there are no restrooms in Goofy's Kitchen. You might want to take everyone inside the DLH before sitting down. We had to get up, go outside, up the escalator and to the restroom with both kids during dinner. I hope that is just because of the remodel. Maybe they will have restrooms on the same floor after it is finished. It would certainly make sense in a place designed for families!:goodvibes

I do seem to remember that my friend had to use the restroom while at Goofy's once and she went to one and said that is just outside of it and Steakhouse 55, maybe up a short flight of steps? So I don't know if this is due to the remodel or just the way it is set up. I assume Steakhouse 55 doesn't have its own restroom, either, then. I have never paid attention to the bathroom situation when I am at Goofy's, but I guess I always assumed there was one on the same level somewhere. I will pay attention next time!

This is the same set-up that they had in 2007. I think that it is their normal. The bathroom is up there because of the conference rooms, I think. But no, I have never seen bathrooms in GK or SH55.

I say make it for a half hour more and take the monorail down thats what we intend to do.

We took a taxi from HoJos to GK ~ it would be a long walk and you already do a lot of walking around the parks.

I say make it for a half hour more and take the monorail down thats what we intend to do.

If you're already in DL, that's OK, but to go from HoJo to Tomorrowland in order to take the monorail would be probably more walking. And since the OP doesn't know DLR, once you get off the monorail you still have to walk past Rainforest Cafe, get onto DLG grounds, and to the restaurant, so it's not that you would be there immediately from the monorail.

I find googlemap, hybrid view, to be lovely for things like this. Where there's really no map-map that you can consult, so you pop in, say, HoJo's address, and move the map around to see what you can see. MIght be harder for someone who hasn't been there, b/c tops of buildings aren't necessarily useful, but it's worth a shot. :)

And for the record, do NOT wear "cute" shoes. Destroyed my feet on a brisk walk from HoJo to PPH for a DVC thing...I think I might still have blisters, and it was over a year ago. :scared:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter