From Sketch to Reality - Reprinting

ukstitch

<font color=deeppink>I'm not sure I'm quite your a
I've only seen this mentioned very briefly on another thread about a new book, so I thought I'd give it its own thread to give it a little more focus.

The Disneyland Paris: From Sketch to Reality book that went out of print a few years back has recently been recommissioned for a reprint. They are currently only doing the collectors edition, so it's not the cheapest book around, but it's still a very very good book as I'm sure many people on here who own it from the first printing (including myself) will agree.

It's currently priced at €115 euros (€100 for the book and €15 for shipping), which is payable through paypal. The book is currently on pre-order (payment required at the pre-order stage) and is expected to be printed and shipped around April/May time once they have enough pre-orders. They have made a reassurance that all money will be returned in the event that enough pre-orders are not made.

Full details about it all can be found here and on other pages of the same blog.

Note: I have absolutely nothing to do with the book apart from owning an original (non-collectors edition) edition and now having a new collectors edition on order for my other half. I just know that lots of people have asked on here about it so thought I'd pass the information on, as even at €115, it's still significantly cheaper than the crazy prices it went for on ebay and amazon when it occasionally showed up.

I've got this book and can highly recommend it.

It's full of fantastic pictures that I've never seen elsewhere. It is expensive but it's worth it if you're a big fan.

I too have this book, although I think mine might have been a later reprint? My Mum bought it for me on our first trip to DLRP in 2008. I think sometimes, if you hunt, you can find editions in the shops in DLRP. If recall, mine was from a store to the left of the Main Street railway station.... Stumbled upon it though as it was quite hidden ;).

Agree it is a fabulous book - bit heavy for bedtime reading though (the actual weight, not the content) :lmao:.

Love all the background information and makes me love DLRP all the more for the little things you just wouldn't have thought about :lovestruc.

A definite great buy :thumbsup2

I love my copy, I have the millenium special edition.
Extra special because it was a surprise present from the family for my 40th birthday :goodvibes

I love this book too.

My special edition:

Its the last English book from the first printing edition.

:thumbsup2

I've got a collectors copy of this book (and my eldest DD has the regular copy, she had hers as a present for doing well in her GCSEs) and we both love, love, love it. :love: If anyone is wanting to treat themselves to a DLP souvenir it may seem expensive but honestly it is worth every euro. ::yes::

Just thought I'd add a little update to say that it has been announced that the order has now been sent to the printers, so there is no longer any worry about whether you'll have to chase a refund if not enough people pre-order :thumbsup2

Just to add, I've seen this on ebay the last few days - basically buying into the reprint copy as Stitch says.

A second hand copy went a few days ago on there for just over £109 :scared1: And it didn't have the dust jacket :eek:.

Yikes, best settle mine in a better position on my shelf me thinks :lmao:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter