From Sanford airport to Disney?

Boo :)

Oh, so they have the Internet on computers now!
Hellooo,

I am just wondering how everyone gets to Disney from Sanford. I've had a quote from Mears but that was quoted at around $100 each way by taxi or private car. But surely there must be a cheaper way of getting to Disney.

Any ideas? Thanks.

P.S. We won't be renting a car.

That seems to be about the going rate. Its the reason many prefer to fly into MCO and then get free transport to the Disney hotels.

Is it you can't drive to don't want to? would always go with car myself.

Depending how many of you there are, you could always use a shuttle. When myself and my Husband travelled alone - pre 3 kids. We always used a shuttle. You can book them direct with Mears - Or even in a travel Agent in the UK. One year we booked with Thomson. (holiday extras) I did a quote and its £38.00 per person. But you can get it cheaper than this by booking direct.

They are normally mini buses, so have 2/3 drop off locations so obviously takes longer, but they are usually pretty good at not dotting the drop offs all over the place.

We always used to fly into Sanford, until Thomson stopping flying there in the Winter from gatwick.

We used a private taxi last time which ended up costing about $180 for 4 adults and 2 kids, but he automatically added 18% gratuity to his original bill. Grrr! I am all for tipping, but dont just take it!!!

Itr really depends how many of you there are. If only a couple then maybe consider a shuttle, otherwise probably just as cheap, and quick to pay the $100.00.

We tried Mears and they said we had to email them and that's when they got back to me with the taxi and private car quote. There was no mention of a shuttle bus in the return email.

Apart from getting to the hotel from the airport, we wouldn't use the car again so my family said forget it.

I have recently found a quote at £25 per person on the airporttransfers.co.uk website, i think that's as good as i'm going to get.

On a side note, how long does it take to get through Sanford? (customs etc)

We tried Mears and they said we had to email them and that's when they got back to me with the taxi and private car quote. There was no mention of a shuttle bus in the return email.

Apart from getting to the hotel from the airport, we wouldn't use the car again so my family said forget it.

I have recently found a quote at £25 per person on the airporttransfers.co.uk website, i think that's as good as i'm going to get.

On a side note, how long does it take to get through Sanford? (customs etc)

You staying in Disney the whole holiday?
I would still get a car there and back a 2 x 24hr one way rentals cost from £17 each way. I could then use it in the 1st 24 hours to goto Publix and Walgreens to get supplies. That me though I want to be in charge of the vehilcle, I am not a good passenger:rotfl:

We booked a shuttle via our Travel Agent. It cost around £30pp.

The first two times we went Customs was empty and we were through in around 20-30 minutes and waiting for our transfer to leave! Last year however, another Thomson flight had landed just 10 minutes before ours and the queues were huge! It seemed to take well over an hour just to get through customs - on the plus side though all our luggage was there waiting for us once we got through but then the queue moved to the car hire building and we had another long wait.

we usually use America coach shuttles. I can't remember the cost as the last time was a few yrs ago but at that time mears didn't offer any shuttles from sanford so we went with them and it was fine :)

Thanks for all the replies, I'm still trying to convince the family about renting a car. But with it being a different country, different side of road etc, it's taking quite a bit of convincing.

If not, I think I'll try out american coaches as a PP mentioned.

Thanks for all the replies, I'm still trying to convince the family about renting a car. But with it being a different country, different side of road etc, it's taking quite a bit of convincing.

Opinions vary widely on car rental, we wouldn't even goto florida without a car, I don't use taxis, I hate public transport(not been on a bus since 1985) I tolerate Disney transport plus I am the worlds worst passenger, I have to be in the drivers seat or I can't relax. But Florida is so much more than Disney to us, we will be having a day at Clearwater, Port Canveral, trips to Manny's & Cheesecake Factory, visiting friends houses etc. If it was just a 2 week trip to Disney I could probably manage with no car if I had to but not my kind of holiday.
Driving on the other side of the road is far easy than driving on th UK, I really struggle when I land home, out there is no problem, I wish we would change.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter