From Pop to the Top - Funtastic Adventures in the Summer Sun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
How dare that bagger keep your bacon. The sentence of peeling potatoes sounds perfect!! ;) I detest that job at home so I try to pass it off onto my husband or one of the kids, every time. lol!!

I love that Mickey/Walt art print!! How do you display them? Frame, easel? I want one next time. :)

Oooh my gosh, the girls are being Pocohantas and Meeko?! How adorable!! I can't wait to see pics. :)

Little Guy is being Batman. It comes with built-in muscles and everything. :laughing:

Cute! I love it!

Well, I guess she liked it enough not to put in a yard sale. :goodvibes

As a child, my mother did not let me dress up for Halloween and go out to trick or treat. However, she did buy me candy and we usually had Arby's and a dozen donuts. I don't recall her (or myself) making a big fuss out of worksheets decorated with various Halloween shapes.

So to this day, I haven't officially dressed up for Halloween. Although, one year at Pop, I dressed as a Hippie and helped pass out candy at the Hippy Dippy Pool.

Very nice surprise for Wigd.

The potato soup sounds delicious! Is it your personal recipe?

Arby's and donuts sound good. Really, the way things are these days, I would be happy for Halloween just to be whatever activities people who knew each other did and just forget the generic door-knocking thing. Families, friends, groups, churches, schools, etc. could have their own Halloween or fall festivities and just let the door-knocking at the houses of strangers be over with.

Yum I love soup! Would you be willing to share your recipe?

I usually use red potatoes, but Kroger had not ONE bag of them when I was there, so I went with regular Idaho potatoes this time. I sautee onions in butter, then throw in my potatoes and stir for a little while. Then I cover it with whole milk and half&half and let it simmer. I fry the bacon in a separate pan and add that. I throw in broccoli or corn if I have it. Toward the end, I put in the shredded cheddar cheese. I have no measurements - just go by eyeball and taste.

Soup sounds SO good!!! We are now officially in a cold snap & that warm soup sounds great!!!

It's simmering right now. I look forward to dunking some good bread in it later on today.

How dare that bagger keep your bacon. The sentence of peeling potatoes sounds perfect!! ;) I detest that job at home so I try to pass it off onto my husband or one of the kids, every time. lol!!

I love that Mickey/Walt art print!! How do you display them? Frame, easel? I want one next time. :)

Not sure what she did with her picture. We'll have to ask her when she gets back. She's on her way to Disney World as I write! :dance3:

All those soups sound great!

We had a big pot of beef stew on Sunday.

That sound good, too! :thumbsup2
Drew loves beef stew.

Oooh my gosh, the girls are being Pocohantas and Meeko?! How adorable!! I can't wait to see pics. :)

Little Guy is being Batman. It comes with built-in muscles and everything. :laughing:

I am looking forward to seeing them, too. Maybe we can get together next weekend and do a late Halloween meal, and they can dress up again for me.

Math Night was a huge success, soup is simmering, Friday is here.
More pictures tonight, because Jill called and told me they were loaded.

Happy Birthday to Jarvis! :cool1:

Gotta run. Check in later today.
Have a Fantastic Friday, friends!

Hope you have a great "Soup Day". Can't wait to see and hear more about the trip later. Gotta dress Ty for Trick or Treating at his Mom's office today. That will be fun I'm sure!lol
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JARVIS

EDIT:This computer has a mind of it's own.Don't know why part of my post was Blue. CRAZY! My computer died so I'm using Sam's and I think it's on it's way out too. It's very hard to type on.

Well, the plan for the print is a trip to Michael's for a frame and matting. Just haven't made it there yet. I know exactly where it will hang. Yes! In my living room next to the framed Vintage Disneyland map!

Hope you have a great "Soup Day". Can't wait to see and hear more about the trip later. Gotta dress Ty for Trick or Treating at his Mom's office today. That will be fun I'm sure!lol
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JARVIS

EDIT:This computer has a mind of it's own.Don't know why part of my post was Blue. CRAZY! My computer died so I'm using Sam's and I think it's on it's way out too. It's very hard to type on.

How did the trick-or-treating go?

My computer is holding on, but it is pretty weak.

Well, the plan for the print is a trip to Michael's for a frame and matting. Just haven't made it there yet. I know exactly where it will hang. Yes! In my living room next to the framed Vintage Disneyland map!

I have a poster I got summer before last that I have yet to frame, too. Time just gets away, and then I notice it again and say I am going to get it done, but then I forget.

Oh and if you are wondering, I'm posting from the airplane in Atlanta waiting for takeoff. LoL!!

I wanted to see pictures all day, but no Facebook at school. I am glad it is the weekend.

Happy Birthday Jarvis.Hope you have a great day!!

I will relay the message. :goodvibes

Good to know, thanks! Sounds perfect to me.

Happy Birthday Jarvis!! Enjoy your weekend MeMom.

Tonight, I think I shall do a little bit of nothing! I am yawning already. :laughing:

July 5th continued.

Here are pictures from Wigd's birthday evening.

Everyone was excited to get to play for a little while in Stormalong Bay.

IMG_8421.jpg

IMG_8422.jpg

IMG_8423.jpg

IMG_8425.jpg

I roamed a little.

IMG_8426.jpg

IMG_8427.jpg

IMG_8429.jpg

I think this is a B that got left out of the alphabet game.

IMG_8430.jpg

It's certainly an easy one.

IMG_8431.jpg

I love these lined up umbrellas.

IMG_8432.jpg

Pretty flowers.

IMG_8433.jpg

Pretty flowers in a pretty lobby in a fuzzy picture. :upsidedow

IMG_8435.jpg

In the gift shop.

IMG_8436.jpg

IMG_8438.jpg

IMG_8439.jpg

IMG_8440.jpg

IMG_8441.jpg

IMG_8442.jpg

More in about an hour. I've gotta get some things put away. I brought my Halloween stuff home today, and I can't stand the clutter.

Pictures of some of my favorite sites. We sure loved our beach club weekend... hope they let us back there this June.

Enjoy this weekend... it was a long week here, and I cannot wait till Sunday knowing no school for me Monday (we have workdays Monday and Tuesday, but since I work part time I just had to work half- so Tuesday it is for me). I hope we get to see your little trick or treaters in pics this weekend!

Happy Birthday Jarvis!!!

Love Stormalong Bay pics....I would love to try it out someday!!!

It was a nice place for kids to play in the sand. I enjoyed just sitting at the table watching all of the group play. Trent and Tanya didn't stay long. They went to one of the parks, I'm pretty sure, and I think they were going to ride something specific, but I can't remember what.

Love the first set of pics. We hope to stay at BC in Oct next year!

I'd love to stay there because I love the tropical-themed resorts and because I could walk over to Epcot whenever I wanted to. :thumbsup2

Pictures of some of my favorite sites. We sure loved our beach club weekend... hope they let us back there this June.

Enjoy this weekend... it was a long week here, and I cannot wait till Sunday knowing no school for me Monday (we have workdays Monday and Tuesday, but since I work part time I just had to work half- so Tuesday it is for me). I hope we get to see your little trick or treaters in pics this weekend!

I hope we will be able to stay there someday, too. Walking to Epcot on a whim would be awesome.

I talked to Brooklynn and Jill last night, and they said we would get plenty of pictures. They had been working on a Toy Story birthday cake for a friend.

Our school makes no sense. It would be perfect to be off Monday - after all the Halloween hulabaloo - when the kids have been up late and have pounds of brand new candy calling their names. Instead, we go back on Monday and then have Tuesday off for conferences.

I enjoyed my Friday night. Half of it was productive, and half of it was spent just relaxing.

IMG_8446.jpg

IMG_8448.jpg

IMG_8449.jpg

IMG_8450.jpg

IMG_8451.jpg

IMG_8452.jpg

You may be aware I am fond of palm trees. :)

IMG_8453.jpg

Brooklynn and Bella both loved this place!

IMG_8454.jpg

I thought I had a picture of all of the group sitting in the water talking, but it's not here.

We all went up to the room.
Brooklynn found a friend on the way.

IMG_8456.jpg

Here's the very nice Beach Club room.

IMG_8458.jpg

IMG_8460.jpg

IMG_8461.jpg

IMG_8462.jpg

IMG_8463.jpg

IMG_8464.jpg

It is easy to see how people get spoiled to deluxe accomodations. This is much more nicely done and has so much more space than a value. But, we'll still always be grateful for anywhere we get to stay, because going to Disney World is a privilege and a blessing, no matter where we are.

Hi Memom, I had to come on here to see who the cake was for...lol!!!:rotfl: Jill posted a pic on FB. And I see you added yet more cute SB pics. Love the DVC accommodations and I was thinking as I read it that you would like to stay in DVC but then I thought Memom (and myself) would be happy anywhere Disney...and sure enough...you said that exact thing after the pics...;)
My trip is getting closer finally...10 months to go. Hope hubby books the house soon...we already lost the week we wanted in August. I checked the website and the house is open this week (and discounted) cause for some reason no one booked it this week. We had it last year during this week....how tempting to just go to Disney spur of the moment.....no planning....but we controlled ourselves and decided to work on redoing the girls rooms :rolleyes1
Have a super weekend!

...and Jill I can't wait to see the finished cake!!!:thumbsup2

Our school makes no sense. It would be perfect to be off Monday - after all the Halloween hulabaloo - when the kids have been up late and have pounds of brand new candy calling their names. Instead, we go back on Monday and then have Tuesday off for conferences.

My school has exactly the same thing!!! Makes no sense. Our Tuesday is staff development but, still, would have made so much sense to have that day off for kids be Monday. We always lament how the folks downtown have lost touch with what it's like to be in the "trenches" and it's these things that concrete that belief for me.

Ah, Beach Club. Love that place. My computer plays pictures as the screensaver and yesterday when I got home from a VERY busy school day the pictures from when we stayed there were cycling through. Ellie was about Brooklyn's age when we stayed there so seeing your pictures combined with mine brought back such happy memories!:goodvibes

We are hoping we can try out the Boardwalk Villas on our trip next October. Walking into Epcot is a dream!!

Have a great weekend!:wizard:

Very fun time in the pool! I'll be there in 7 days, can't wait!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: :woohoo:

I loved your shopping pictures, too - that Popcorn bucket is on my list of "souveniers I want this time" so I am glad to see they've had it there recently.

Happy Birthday to Jarvis!! :wizard:

Hi Memom, I had to come on here to see who the cake was for...lol!!!:rotfl: Jill posted a pic on FB. And I see you added yet more cute SB pics. Love the DVC accommodations and I was thinking as I read it that you would like to stay in DVC but then I thought Memom (and myself) would be happy anywhere Disney...and sure enough...you said that exact thing after the pics...;)
My trip is getting closer finally...10 months to go. Hope hubby books the house soon...we already lost the week we wanted in August. I checked the website and the house is open this week (and discounted) cause for some reason no one booked it this week. We had it last year during this week....how tempting to just go to Disney spur of the moment.....no planning....but we controlled ourselves and decided to work on redoing the girls rooms :rolleyes1
Have a super weekend!

...and Jill I can't wait to see the finished cake!!!:thumbsup2

I will post a picture here of the finished product later this afternoon. It is for the son of one of my teachers. He wanted a Toy Story party at The Little Gym for his birthday. She was talking about the cost of everything and the cake she wanted to get him was $45 but she knew he would love it because it has Buzz. I offered to make one for him because $45 is outrageous and I really enjoy doing it. She gave me full creative license and said she loved Brooklynn's cake. I decided to go with the toy soldiers since it is more boyish. Gotta go get a shower and deliver the cake. Back later with a pic!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter