• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

From Pop to the Top - Funtastic Adventures in the Summer Sun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

That's good. New job as in new school or just new department?

We'd love to see a picture of the puppy, too. :)

No it is a career change. I am the new executive director for a group called Sport NB. We are a non-profit group that advocates and helps oversee amateur sport in the province. It will be a new challenge but a fun one.

Here are a couple of shots of Betsy (our new dog) and Luka getting to know each other.

IMG_0133.jpg

IMG_0134.jpg

That first N has me stumped!

Remember I said I was fishing. This is really not a good N at all! I had meant to take a picture in Norway and at the location of the other N. I forgot about Norway, I guess, and I didn't make it to the other N spot, although I did get close.

I love the Disney alphabet!

I'm glad you are enjoying it. If you pass, you move to a more challenging one next summer. :thumbsup2

Caught up! Thanks for the encouraging word about homeschooling. I don't always hear those. I hope you have a great weekend, can't wait to see the pictures.

I think homeschooling had much to offer, and I also think it solves and/or prevents a lot of issues and problems in the way of peer pressure and bad attitudes.

We plan to have a very fun weekend and will be happy to share pictures with all who are interested.

I hope school is going good for you. I am looking forward to your party pictures. Lexi is starting kindergarten this year but I am homeschooling her so I don't have to send her off, but I still can't believe she is old enough all ready.:goodvibes

You guys will have a fun year! I taught Kindergarten one year, and I may go back to it in a few years when my co-teacher retires. She would not be happy with me if I changed now.

I just love games- thanks, MeMom, this is fun!

Have a great day!!

Will you make an A+??? :teacher:

We go to Cape Cod, Massachusetts every summer. We rent a house for 1 weeks with friends of ours that have kids the same age and then the 2nd week is with the whole family, us, MIL, FIL, SIL and my mom. The same crew that went on our GG to WDW in 08. We have been doing it for 12 years now since DS was born. Very relaxing, just beach, biking and reading some good books. just what i need before a 9 day vacation to WDW. :rotfl2:

Good for you guys! Vacation time, relaxing time, down time - all good things!

No it is a career change. I am the new executive director for a group called Sport NB. We are a non-profit group that advocates and helps oversee amateur sport in the province. It will be a new challenge but a fun one.

Here are a couple of shots of Betsy (our new dog) and Luka getting to know each other.

I didn't know you had changed jobs. I hope you really enjoy this one. Sounds like you are a good fit with your sports knowledge.

The pictures are cute. You have a sweet baby girl now. My cat would be freaking out and would not be on top of the dog. He runs and hides for pretty much the entire weekend when Ben (Jill's dog) is here.

Love all the alphabet pics. Can't wait to see weekend pics. Cayley has decided she wants a Toy Story instead of Ariel party.

Oh, these are getting harder or I am getting slower as the week goes on -- which is a definite possibility considering the week I have had so far!

I realized tonight as I was cleaning up the kitchen that I never answered your question about how we decided on Chelsea and Connor's names.

Well, Charles apparently has always like the name Chelsea, so naming her was easy. Her middle name is Elizabeth which is my mother's middle name as well, so her initials ended up being the same as Charles. Before I got married my initials were the same as my dad's so we thought it was neat that Chelsea's were the same as Charles.

Then, when I was pregnant with Connor, we had the devil of a time deciding on a name -- Charles did not want him named after himself. We wanted Declan for awhile -- we wanted something Irish since our last name is Irish. Then, we stumbled across Connor and fell in love with it. Charles was willing to compromise and we used Charles' middle name for Connor's middle name -- Emery. Now, both kids and Charles all have the same initials. I am the odd man out. :rotfl:

And that's the long story behind their names. ;)

I guess you could have gotten the whole alphabet right there where you got that first Q......it sure wouldn't have been as much fun though ;) I hope you're gonna make a collage out of your alphabet pictures - or better yet, a photo book would be really cute! Disney A-Z :thumbsup2

I'm loving the alphabet game! There are a few that have stumped me but I'm getting more than I thought I would.

I hope you have a good first day with students tomorrow!:goodvibes
We are headed to the beach tomorrow for our end of summer trip with family. Once we return I only have 3 days...:sad2:

Best wishes for a great party weekend! I bet Brooklyn is beyond excited!! Ben's birthday was today so we've been celebrating all day in between me trying to pack and such. It's cute how excited they are on their birthdays-even at 10!

I didn't know you had changed jobs. I hope you really enjoy this one. Sounds like you are a good fit with your sports knowledge.

The pictures are cute. You have a sweet baby girl now. My cat would be freaking out and would not be on top of the dog. He runs and hides for pretty much the entire weekend when Ben (Jill's dog) is here.

It all happened pretty quick, my first day was Monday.

I was surprised on how quickly the cat adapted to having a dog in the house. We had no real problems with them.

We started back on Monday and it has taken the wind out of my sails!
Tomorrow is entry level conferences 12:00 - 8:00.
We only have 6 scheduled but we meet with everyone at 7:30. :eek:
Last count, 68 students for the three of us!

Hi there! Haven't been around much because my computer is broken and I am sharing my husband's, plus I started my new job this week.

I wanted to go back and say something about my not being able to use Disney characters on anything at my new job as a Pre-Kindergarten Director. Unfortunately it is not just a rule of the outgoing Director-it has to do with the preschool rating system that is used, and it is not just Disney characters. With a little more research I found out that they basically say that most children's movies and television series are not developmentally appropriate for ages 2 1/2 -5. It has to do with discriminating between fantasy and reality, scary themes, violence, etc. The funniest thing about it all to me is that the outgoing Director said she found out about it years ago when she put up a flag that had WINNIE THE POOH on it and was told she couldn't use Disney characters! You know, Pooh Bear-the violent, raging, rude, and scary ol' bear! pooh:

Well, anyway-I hope the school year gets off to a great start for all of my teacher friends! I am working the rest of this week, and Monday and Tuesday next week, and then I am off to WDW for 10 nights! :woohoo: I will be posting pictures on Facebook while we are there, so if anyone else wants to become FB friends you can just send me a PM.

Happy Birthday this weekend to Brooklynn-just in case I can't get back on here before then.

I am enjoying the alphabet pictures even though I really don't know where half of them are!

I think I actually know what that first N is!

Also, MeMom, I might need an alphabet-related favor when you go in October... DH saw your alphabet pictures, and thought it might be neat if we spell out the baby's name with Disney-related letters to hang in the nursery. Smudge should have a real name by October, LOL, so I might need to ask you (and anyone else going this fall/winter) to get some letter pictures that spell out the name for us. :goodvibes

Clearly, I need to pay more attention to the DIS alphabet. But I am loving the game!!:lovestruc

Hope you're having as much fun as possible back to work this week. Your students are lucky to have you as teachers!!

I am terrible at these pictures...but enjoying the few I know. Days are flying by with school starting the 23 for Hannah and me. I need to finish my room, but really want to enjoy these last few days of summer before school starts!

Love all the alphabet pics. Can't wait to see weekend pics. Cayley has decided she wants a Toy Story instead of Ariel party.

It will sure be easy to find things that go with that! :laughing:

Oh, these are getting harder or I am getting slower as the week goes on -- which is a definite possibility considering the week I have had so far!

I realized tonight as I was cleaning up the kitchen that I never answered your question about how we decided on Chelsea and Connor's names.

Well, Charles apparently has always like the name Chelsea, so naming her was easy. Her middle name is Elizabeth which is my mother's middle name as well, so her initials ended up being the same as Charles. Before I got married my initials were the same as my dad's so we thought it was neat that Chelsea's were the same as Charles.

Then, when I was pregnant with Connor, we had the devil of a time deciding on a name -- Charles did not want him named after himself. We wanted Declan for awhile -- we wanted something Irish since our last name is Irish. Then, we stumbled across Connor and fell in love with it. Charles was willing to compromise and we used Charles' middle name for Connor's middle name -- Emery. Now, both kids and Charles all have the same initials. I am the odd man out.

And that's the long story behind their names.

Welllll, you know how some people have one 'set' of children early and another set later..... ;) You could always have a couple more when you are in your mid-40's and give them J names. :rolleyes1

I guess you could have gotten the whole alphabet right there where you got that first Q......it sure wouldn't have been as much fun though I hope you're gonna make a collage out of your alphabet pictures - or better yet, a photo book would be really cute! Disney A-Z :thumbsup2

Yep. I knew I had that as a back up. :laughing:

I should have gone back there for the L and the N! :upsidedow

I might do a collage when I do a better job with the pictures. I need to slow down and take my time, but I get in too big of a hurry. (Jill will probably find it funny that I said anything about me and needing to slow down in the same sentence.)

I really did think about doing an alphabet for my Word Wall. I could put each letter in a small magnetic frame for my white board. I might do that sometime when I have extra money to spend on 26 little magnet frames.

I'm loving the alphabet game! There are a few that have stumped me but I'm getting more than I thought I would.

I hope you have a good first day with students tomorrow!
We are headed to the beach tomorrow for our end of summer trip with family. Once we return I only have 3 days...

Best wishes for a great party weekend! I bet Brooklyn is beyond excited!! Ben's birthday was today so we've been celebrating all day in between me trying to pack and such. It's cute how excited they are on their birthdays-even at 10!

Happy Birthday, Ben! What did you guys do?

Have an awesome time at your end of summer beach trip!
We're doing a beach party here, but it won't be anywhere as good as what you're getting! :cool1:

It all happened pretty quick, my first day was Monday.

I was surprised on how quickly the cat adapted to having a dog in the house. We had no real problems with them.

My cat should be used to Ben by now, but when he hears the first bark, he heads back to my room and stays. Sometimes he'll come out and go up high on the hutch and look down at the activity. It drives Ben crazy. All he wants to do is play - and they would have a great time together - but the cat does not choose to participate in the frivolity with Ben.

Best of everything to you in your job! :thumbsup2

I only know one of those...the very obvious P!

You know a lot of them.
You just don't know you know. :laughing:

We started back on Monday and it has taken the wind out of my sails!
Tomorrow is entry level conferences 12:00 - 8:00.
We only have 6 scheduled but we meet with everyone at 7:30.
Last count, 68 students for the three of us!

Hope you have a great day!
You sure haven't been able to come out and play much lately.

I have 18 on my roster, but they are registering about 15 a day, so I expect that to grow today.

Hi there! Haven't been around much because my computer is broken and I am sharing my husband's, plus I started my new job this week.

I wanted to go back and say something about my not being able to use Disney characters on anything at my new job as a Pre-Kindergarten Director. Unfortunately it is not just a rule of the outgoing Director-it has to do with the preschool rating system that is used, and it is not just Disney characters. With a little more research I found out that they basically say that most children's movies and television series are not developmentally appropriate for ages 2 1/2 -5. It has to do with discriminating between fantasy and reality, scary themes, violence, etc. The funniest thing about it all to me is that the outgoing Director said she found out about it years ago when she put up a flag that had WINNIE THE POOH on it and was told she couldn't use Disney characters! You know, Pooh Bear-the violent, raging, rude, and scary ol' bear! pooh:

Well, anyway-I hope the school year gets off to a great start for all of my teacher friends! I am working the rest of this week, and Monday and Tuesday next week, and then I am off to WDW for 10 nights! I will be posting pictures on Facebook while we are there, so if anyone else wants to become FB friends you can just send me a PM.

Happy Birthday this weekend to Brooklynn-just in case I can't get back on here before then.

I am enjoying the alphabet pictures even though I really don't know where half of them are!

You are a lucky girl! Have fun on that trip, and we will love seeing your pictures! :banana:

I am glad I am allowed to have my Disney touches. I was noticing bulletin boards yesterday and how they represent each teacher's personality. Some are 'bling' and some are soft and sweet and some are just welcome posters. A lot of people have commented on mine. You know they will be disappointed one of these days if I don't do Disney. :eek:

I think I actually know what that first N is!

Also, MeMom, I might need an alphabet-related favor when you go in October... DH saw your alphabet pictures, and thought it might be neat if we spell out the baby's name with Disney-related letters to hang in the nursery. Smudge should have a real name by October, LOL, so I might need to ask you (and anyone else going this fall/winter) to get some letter pictures that spell out the name for us.

We will gladly give it a try. :)
It's a great idea. Hopefully, I can do a good job with the letters. There are others with better, cleared cameras, so they can do it, too, and you can pick from among the choices to get the best name.

Clearly, I need to pay more attention to the DIS alphabet. But I am loving the game!!

Hope you're having as much fun as possible back to work this week. Your students are lucky to have you as teachers!!

We're more than halfway through. Next week, we'll do all of the answers. :thumbsup2

I do try to have as much fun as possible. It's a survival mechanism. :goodvibes

There are so many good DIS teachers, aren't there? I would love to visit their classrooms. :teacher:

I am terrible at these pictures...but enjoying the few I know. Days are flying by with school starting the 23 for Hannah and me. I need to finish my room, but really want to enjoy these last few days of summer before school starts!

Yes, enjoy these last days. School will be there soon enough. Read, play in the sprinkler, blow bubbles, do puzzles, paint, eat blue popsicles and laugh at your blue tongues, have an indoor camp-out...

Just have fun while you can! :dance3:

A new group of children comes today to spend this year with me. Each group holds the loud, the weepy, the shy, the unmotivated, the over-achievers, the slow but sure, the go-getters, the lovey-doveys, the musicians, the artists, the athletes, and the lost.

It will be interesting to get to know each of them as these hot summer days roll slowly into the orange and gold of fall, the ice of winter, and back into the green of spring. Our relationships will turn from strangers to friends to family in that span. I hope I will be a positive role model for them and make a good and lasting impression on each life.

Best wishes to all of my teacher friends today and in the year ahead!

Hope there isn't too much drama today. The kids should love their new classroom.

It's a great Morning! I'm finally leaving for WDW today! :dance3: :drive: :dance3:

It has been way too long since I hugged "the mouse" and tasted a Dole Whip. :yay:

I won't actually drive under the arch until Saturday but I'm still very excitted! :cool1:

:teacher: Have a wonderful first day back with the kids!
I wish Lexi could be one of your students.
I'm sure the kids will LOVE all the Disney touches in your room!
Good Luck! :teacher:

I will miss everyone! :grouphug: Lana

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter