• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

From Oil Wells to Jingle Bells-Bells,pg.66, See you in September!

If it's midnight, I must be... oh, just brace yourself, would'ja?

By the time we were on our 3rd cast member at Disney's Magical Depress,

Whoa, three? I'm usually full after two!

we were beginning to get the feeling that no matter how much we stamped our little feet, or how long I told Smidgy to hold her breath even if she turns purple, we are not going to win this arguement.

"Don't change the color of your face! I'm all out of umber!"

The last guy came out from behind the counter with us, mostly to get us out of the way of the "real" customers that have been accepted. He even made a point of calling someone, (TSA?)

Sheesh, I do that to my kids. Okay! I'm calling the adoption agency to come and get you! (okay, maybe I don't do that... but wouldn't it be fun? Sorta like telling someone they're calling TSA on your behalf? Ha Ha! Oh, wait... that's what happened to you... that's terrible what he did... not funny at all...)

Then he told us it was a very short walk from the bus drop off to the baggage check in.

The same guy who "phoned TSA"?

We walked forever, then after asking directions, (she did, my manlihood is still intact)

I am so not going to touch that comment. Nope.

Once we were checked we went back outside for a last smoke. The sun was finally out now, but it was real windy outside there, so the cold was still felt in earnest.

Ernest, PA? What'cha doing over there? :confused3

Everything else went smooth, no gropage during security check,

Why? Was Smidgy somewhere else? Or did you just have your hands full?

I found something else to amuse me though in the takeoff;
When you are going a whopping top speed of 15 miles per hour across what seems like miles of smooth airport tarmacs and runways of pristine asphalt, you MUST have your seat belt on.

However, 30,000 feet in the air traveling at 425 miles per hour when a downdraft can bounce your head off the ceiling, no problem, no need for seatbelts, hey, take a walk if you want!

Because if you stop suddenly at 15 miles an hour you may smack the seat in front of you and get a nose bleed. But if you smack into a mountain (cumulo granite) at 425 miles an hour a seatbelt won't matter... then again...

Aloha.jpg

I am now left alone with my thoughts,

Now that's a scary place!

my favorite castle picture

castle035.jpg

No shots here. I really like that pic too! :thumbsup2

an itch that still needs to be scratched.

What're ya looking at me for? Get Smidgy to scratch your itch! Sheesh!

But I know 2011 is going to be a tough year, mainly, we have a wedding coming up, no, not another one of ours, two is enough, but our son is getting married in July.
Who knows how much that will eventually all cost.

Imagine the biggest bill you can imagine... do you see it? Perfect. Now add 20 percent. There. Now you're close. You're welcome.

Trivia time, who can tell me who this is?

4foradollar.jpg

Shot in the dark... the custodians/performers before Beauty and the Beast?

I went to the garage and punched in the code, then walked back to the limo and wound up flat on my back in a half second, falling on the driveway.

Ouch! I'm sure that did wonders for your back!

No, it wasn't one of our best trips, but Smidgy did all she could to make it as fun as possible, I felt bad that I was part of the reason for the overall low grade. If I had brought a winter coat,,,, if I had brought a better back,,,,if I wasn't so anal about the cold.....

If you had just listened to Smidgy... :rolleyes1

OH, and I promise not to hurt myself this next trip.

Ah, getting others to do it for you. How refined of you.

One April first, I bought 2 papers that day, one I brought home, the other I kept in a plastic bag in the drawer of my work bench.

For a year!

This paper I brought home the following April 1st!

That night after dinner I was on the couch reading a book, she was on the floor going through the newspaper from last year.

I kept glancing over at her, I'd see an occasional puzzled look on her face but she just kept on reading.
Finally she looked up and sain, "I thought Breznev was dead!?"

I busted up laughing, it still took her a bit to figure it out, then vowing revenge for all eternity!

I have so got to do that! :rotfl:

"Oh, my, God." "I wonder if we can uncancel the cancel. "

She could have played me for more, but she was too anxious and delerious with joy for nailing me that she just went,,,
"Right back atcha!"

She got me.

Yes she did! :lmao: Way to go Smidgy!

Then,,,, she told me she just read that they are changing the way refillable mugs work. They will now be good for life, too many cast members have complained about trying to enforce the rules concerning the mugs.

And,,,,according to the DIS,,,there will be a chip in the mugs, if you are staying at a Deluxe resort, you will be allowed 5 refills per day, 4 at a Mod and only 3 at a Value.
The refill station wont' work once you have surpassed your day's quota.

Oh, no! Smidgy! You didn't!

THen she told me that Disneyland is having to shut down Worlds of Color due to law suits from Knottsberry Farm or whatever.

:sad2:

"No, this isn't the Mash episode, I mean you have been gotten, fair and simple, you just haven't realized it cuz noone has yelled "April Fools" at you.

Good one, but I like the Colonel Tucker one the best.

Within 5 minutes I hear what I was expecting to hear come bellowing down the stairs: "Oh I hate you!"

Another perfectly good marriage down the drain... but ya gotta do, what ya gotta do.

That was as good as if I'd done it myself. Sometimes she is so cute when she's that gullible.

Nahh... I'm sure she's cute all the time. :goodvibes

Well, another trip report done. We were there at the same time, the biggest hi-light of the whole trip was worth it, as we meet Steve and Diane!!! The rest I will probably forget about in time. Thanks for the memories. Will be waiting for the next trip report to start, but that is an aweful long wait. Keep us posted on the eyes, the non-smoking, the grandbabies, the wedding and everything else.

Well, another trip report done. We were there at the same time, the biggest hi-light of the whole trip was worth it, as we meet Steve and Diane!!! The rest I will probably forget about in time. Thanks for the memories. Will be waiting for the next trip report to start, but that is an aweful long wait. Keep us posted on the eyes, the non-smoking, the grandbabies, the wedding and everything else.

and "the rain, the park, and other things". (showing my age here). we loved meeting you! how are we going to run into people anymore without DSA's???

Coming out of lurkdom to tell you I have followed along with you on this TR and thoroughly enjoyed it :goodvibes. You certainly have a way with words! Sorry your trip wasn't the best because of your back issues and the cold weather, but glad to hear you're going in September. (Ironically we just went to BLT in February, worried it would be cold, and we had the nicest weather we have ever had...80 and sunny every day! So go figure).

Too funny too on the April Fool's jokes, at least Smidgy didn't fall for the one on Charlie Sheen being booked as a narrator for the Candlelight Processional ;).

Thanks for the laughs :thumbsup2

You can not end this TR - your fans will not let you ! We love, love and love
you writing style and the things you say. You will have to start a
PRE TR. You will be there in September ? We arrive in September, too.
We are staying at BCV. You ?
This thread can be called the " NEBO/PKONDZ Show ."

Thanks for providing weeks of entertainment. I have truly enjoyed reading this trip report and will be watching for the next one.
And I agree with Smidgy. You can't compare trips. Every trip has to stand on it's own.

Hey Nebo and Smidgy.

Thanks so much for the great report. It made my mundane, day to day work life sooooo much more enjoyable whenever you added an installment. Gave me something to look forward to.

Since I'm knew to the adventures of Nebo and Smidgy I'm going to go back and read all the old reports until the next new one comes out.

Thanks again for the entertainment and looking forward to the next go around.

Jay

Well class, or in some cases, classless, it looks like there's only a couple of trips left to make to the mailbox:
(no Marita, I was not looking at Ponzi when I said that, he was just in the way)

:rolleyes1 So, are you hiding the knives? I fell for the World of Color one, too. I am pitiful. :rolleyes:

My first thought was going to be, "Why would you admit that?" but then again, I guess you could say the same thing about everything I've admitted to in this here report.:happytv:

You said it way better than I did. Thank goodness we are going in May, since the December trip will be in all likelihood just like last years :sad2:.

I hope you get to see Wishes again, we missed it too. I love your castle pictures, that gorgeous blue sky, oh how I miss it.

Thank you nebo and smidgy for writing about your trip, you always make me smile. We were thrilled to have met you.

And we were thrilled to meet you and Bill also. By the way, it normally is not that cold in early December, in '07 we had just dandy weather. What made it so strange this last trip for the both of us was that it didn't change, it stayed friggin cold which made it even more unusual. Hopefully it will average out for you.

This is the wonderful, the fantastic Four for a Dollar or as they call themselves now Return 2 Zero :goodvibes. We LOVED them and were so sad when they left the Beauty and the Beast show :sad1:. Their version of "when you wish upon a star" would always give me goose bumps.

You got it! Only, they didn't leave on their own, from what I understand they were also victims of cutbacks. The last I heard they were once again wowing them down the road at Sea World, but that was a year ago I heard that. They sure did add a lot to B and the B didn't they? We miss them a lot.

Hi Guys,

I have been reading... just not posting...

I want to say... I LOVE you both... love to read your stories... and someday... someday... I hope to meet you! You always crack me up!

Write on my friend... write on..

Love ya,
Bee

Helloooooooooo Belinda!, how's our favorite cornhusker? Yeah, wouldn't you have thought that somebody would have won a huge lotto by now so we can have a huge Dis meet?

:lmao:

Um, did you sleep with the lions?

Does Smidgy's leopard skin dress count? That was our first trip on our own when we got back together, the one they gave us the bunk beds for.:sad2:

So are you going to do a PTR for September?

Um, no. Everybody needs a break from me, and I need a break to see if there's stuff out there in Disney I haven't beaten to death.
At the most, I may start a pretrip a week before the trip, but that's all, I will give you a heads up if I do.

I also fell for the " free " refils for life and the micro chip mug story on
April Fools Day !
Must say I also had the TSA luggage problem for few trips ago, but solved it.
I was leaving several days earlier then the rest of my family ( stupid working
for a living thing ). So I left with the necessary things - purse, make up and
tote bag. It was October and I did not need summer clothes to go to work. Had the family bring my bag home with them. It saved me
a lot a hastle since I was traveling alone.
Glad to hear your trip to the doctor was good.

It really wasn't a big deal, if it wasn't for the messed up back. I have no idea why they even bother messing it up, I just can't see who it helps, or what is gained.

Hey, while I've got you, you being the DVC expert, can you tell me how many "Standard view" studios there are at BLT? That's one thing my searching keeps pulling up zeros for. Looking at Diagrams it seems most rooms are either Lake view or MK view. Can you help?

Uh oh, looks like I'm sleepposting again.

ok, that was ME laughing at Ponzie's t-rex joke. nebo forgot to log out. (but I'm sure he thought it was funny, too.)

Oh, whew!

I thought maybe you were a "Friends" fan. They bring up the whole supposably thing, and Joey doesn't get what's wrong with it.
My MIL says "Kay-say-dee-yas" when she orders quesadillas. She's such a lovely lady, I just let it slide.

Wow, really? I thought I'd seen all the Friends episodes but I don't remember that one.

Isn't it nice how considerate Southwest Airlines has become?
Now when they give you the peanuts and Coke you have the option of dining Alfresco if you wish.
Or even if you don't wish.

If it's midnight, I must be... oh, just brace yourself, would'ja?

"Don't change the color of your face! I'm all out of umber!"

Yep, that was an early Charles episode, you really do know your MASH

Sheesh, I do that to my kids. Okay! I'm calling the adoption agency to come and get you! (okay, maybe I don't do that... but wouldn't it be fun? Sorta like telling someone they're calling TSA on your behalf? Ha Ha! Oh, wait... that's what happened to you... that's terrible what he did... not funny at all...)

A lot of us here on this thread know anothre guy who, for Aprils Fools, told his kids they were going to Disney, even drove fifty miles or so, before he turned around and went home.:lmao: Funny thing was, we even met the whole family down at Riverside that's in the Still Feeding Nebo report, and they seemed for the most part, still fairly normal.

The same guy who "phoned TSA"?

that would be him

I am so not going to touch that comment. Nope.

ah, the manlihood stil intact comment. This came up once in the past and a poster named McDisney asked if I had "Snap-On Tools".

Ernest, PA? What'cha doing over there? :confused3

I don't know, it just seemed Important to be in Earnest.:duck:

Aloha.jpg

Is this a picture of the new planes with beer gardens I mentioned at the beginning?

Now that's a scary place!

It's a nice place but you wouldn't want to live there.

ok, it's not a nice place

No shots here. I really like that pic too! :thumbsup2

yeah, me too. What makes the pic so cool is that it's not totally dark yet,,it's

just

not dark yet.

What're ya looking at me for? Get Smidgy to scratch your itch! Sheesh!

Too late, had Disney scratch it for me, the down payment scratch is 200 bucks so far. Knew I should have bought one of those haunted house themed backscratchers for 2 bucks when we were last in the Dells.

Imagine the biggest bill you can imagine... do you see it? Perfect. Now add 20 percent. There. Now you're close. You're welcome.

I got it! I imagined the cost of a hot dog and a Bud at Wrigley Field if the Cubs ever won a pennant.:scared1: yes, pennant, the World Series is incomprehensible.
Either that or I just said that the Cubs can grab the World Series with their tail.

Shot in the dark... the custodians/performers before Beauty and the Beast?

yes, the transformers before Beauty and the Beast, pretty cool how the microphone stands become knives.

Ouch! I'm sure that did wonders for your back!

Yes, slipping in the driveway that night DID do wonders, they always tell me to put ice on it.

If you had just listened to Smidgy... :rolleyes1

Oh, I listened....

Ah, getting others to do it for you. How refined of you.

Hey, when you get to where I am, you don't just hurt yourself for free anymore, that's what I have a staff for.

I have so got to do that! :rotfl:

Just make sure you keep the paper in a close bag, in the dark, the light will bleach the white out of the paper and make it yellow, dead give away.
I actually abandoned the first time I tried this for that reason,,,, had to start all over and wait another year cuz I knew she'd see the discoloration.

Yes she did! :lmao: Way to go Smidgy!

Oh, did you say something?

Oh, no! Smidgy! You didn't!

You won't hear it from me.
Oh wait, uh, yes you will.

:sad2:

Good one, but I like the Colonel Tucker one the best.

Ok, we gotta stop the presses right here for a while. You have usually been pretty much on the money with your MASH, so either you're a tad off here, or you're talking about a show that isn't coming to me.
One time, Hawkeye completely made a guy up out of the clear blue, a prank that got out of hand.
He ended up having to "kill" this guy because General Clayton or somebody was at the Unit to give him a medal, so Hawkeye gave a eulogy on how "Captain" "Tuttle" gave his all, once again. Unfortunately, when he jumped out of the helicopter to help the village people he forgot to put on his parachute!

(I want to be a Macho Man)

Is that the one you meant or is there something else with a Colonel Tucker?

Another perfectly good marriage down the drain... but ya gotta do, what ya gotta do.

Yeah, and we are still only on our secong marriage life,,,,

Nahh... I'm sure she's cute all the time. :goodvibes

brownie!

I REALLY wish we had planned things more, we shoujld have spent more time doing nothing somewhere sometime. I know you and Randy have been readin along for at least four years now,,,,we'll keep in touch in case anything changes,,, we don't have to be staying at the same resoert,,,,but boy, we really are hoping to be able to keep the trip in Septermber, after Labor Day.

and "the rain, the park, and other things". (showing my age here). we loved meeting you! how are we going to run into people anymore without DSA's???

Boy, I never thought of that! Well, Hopefully by then we can go to smoking areas and not kill anybody to get a smoke from them. But it's true, we have run into more Dissers at smoking areas,,,,,,,,and that always made it kind of exciting, to see if you ran into a Disser or not.
Ok, what if I walk around with a shirt that says, "The Trip report ex-smoking writer formally known as Nebo"?
No, not very catchy is it?

Connie, thank you very much, next time I hope to ride with Randy on R and R Coaster.

Coming out of lurkdom to tell you I have followed along with you on this TR and thoroughly enjoyed it :goodvibes. You certainly have a way with words! Sorry your trip wasn't the best because of your back issues and the cold weather, but glad to hear you're going in September. (Ironically we just went to BLT in February, worried it would be cold, and we had the nicest weather we have ever had...80 and sunny every day! So go figure).

All right, Melk is here and ready to rumble!:lmao: No, really, glad you have been reading, that's what made the whole thing worthwile. And yes, I still monitor the temps at Disney, and I couldn't believe how great it was almost the whole month of February was, you caught it perfectly. Last time we were there in February, the Iditarod passed through on the way to see Oh Canada!

Too funny too on the April Fool's jokes, at least Smidgy didn't fall for the one on Charlie Sheen being booked as a narrator for the Candlelight Processional ;).

:lmao::happytv: Did not hear that but I LIKE it! I'd kinda like to see what he's come up with replacing Jiminy Cricket during Wishes. "The drugs are shining deep, down in side of us, and remember, you'l never run out of drugs, cuz that's where the Magic, lives." (Wishes) ,,,, (Wishes)

Thanks for the laughs :thumbsup2

You are most certainly welcome.

You can not end this TR - your fans will not let you ! We love, love and love
you writing style and the things you say. You will have to start a
PRE TR. You will be there in September ? We arrive in September, too.
We are staying at BCV. You ?

There, see that Ponzi? You are somebody now!
No, really my DVC freind,,,, friend,,,, I really am all out of material, the more new adventures we have, the easier it is to write. But otherwise I'm pounding the same old pavement again, that's why I need to quit thinking about writing this for a while.
I'll talk more in a little bit, but for tonight, goodnight everyone, and if you love me and know how badly I have gotten my butt kicked in the NCAA Tourney this year, you will do anything possible to WILL Butler to an unlikely victory tonight. No, it will not make me a winner, but it will lessen some really scary losses. :grouphug:

Thanks for providing weeks of entertainment. I have truly enjoyed reading this trip report and will be watching for the next one.
And I agree with Smidgy. You can't compare trips. Every trip has to stand on it's own.

Hey Nebo and Smidgy.

Thanks so much for the great report. It made my mundane, day to day work life sooooo much more enjoyable whenever you added an installment. Gave me something to look forward to.

Since I'm knew to the adventures of Nebo and Smidgy I'm going to go back and read all the old reports until the next new one comes out.

Thanks again for the entertainment and looking forward to the next go around.

Jay

Boy, I never thought of that! Well, Hopefully by then we can go to smoking areas and not kill anybody to get a smoke from them. But it's true, we have run into more Dissers at smoking areas,,,,,,,,and that always made it kind of exciting, to see if you ran into a Disser or not.
Ok, what if I walk around with a shirt that says, "The Trip report ex-smoking writer formally known as Nebo"?
No, not very catchy is it?

TREWFKAN? Not as catchy as "The Trip report ex-smoking writer formally known as Nebo"

:rotfl:

Well class, or in some cases, classless, it looks like there's only a couple of trips left to make to the mailbox:
(no Marita, I was not looking at Ponzi when I said that, he was just in the way)

I am here, always, just too depressed to post at the end of your journey..... I'll be waiting with baited breath for the new one. I won't go without saying Auf Wiedersehen!

[to DVC at last:] Hey, while I've got you, you being the DVC expert, can you tell me how many "Standard view" studios there are at BLT? That's one thing my searching keeps pulling up zeros for. Looking at Diagrams it seems most rooms are either Lake view or MK view. Can you help?

Pick me, pick me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wave:

Bay Lake Tower at Contemporary Resort
# of

Rooms

Studio

Studio - Lake View

Studio - Magic Kingdom View

1-BR

1-BR - Lake View

1-BR - Magic Kingdom View

2-BR

2-BR - Lake View

2-BR - Magic Kingdom View

2-BR Lock-Off*

2-BR - Lock-Off - Lake View*

2-BR - Lock-Off - Magic Kingdom View*

3 Bedroom Grand Villa

3 Bedroom Grand Villa - Magic Kingdom View

Resort Total

Number of rooms not included inTotal

Wow, this looks a bit wonky pasted in here, hope you can make it out. It's a bit confusing because of the lock-off combinations, but there don't seem to be very many starndard views at all, sorry!

I'll be here till the bitter end, don't you worry!

Ok, we gotta stop the presses right here for a while. You have usually been pretty much on the money with your MASH, so either you're a tad off here, or you're talking about a show that isn't coming to me.
One time, Hawkeye completely made a guy up out of the clear blue, a prank that got out of hand.
He ended up having to "kill" this guy because General Clayton or somebody was at the Unit to give him a medal, so Hawkeye gave a eulogy on how "Captain" "Tuttle" gave his all, once again. Unfortunately, when he jumped out of the helicopter to help the village people he forgot to put on his parachute!

(I want to be a Macho Man)

Is that the one you meant or is there something else with a Colonel Tucker?

Col Potter implores all to not fool around on April 1 as the hard-as-nails Col. Tucker is due to inspect the camp. Naturally nobody stops the pranks and Col. Tucker lowers the boom. Of course the gang can't go out with a bang and they douse Tucker in a bucket of beer. Tucker freaks out and has a heart attack. Just before it looks like it's all over for him, he calls for Pierce. Hawkeye leans over to hear the dying man's last words and he says, "April Fools." Potter and Tucker burst out laughing. The whole camp (and TV audience) is pranked. (side note. Klinger then walks in asking Tucker when they're going home, not being in on the joke yet.)

There, see that Ponzi? You are somebody now!

I coulda been somebody, I coulda been a contender...
Just try and stop me... ok, you could stop me by telling me to stop... but you did say you wanted others to inflict pain on your next trip... :rolleyes1

Thanks for the TR... most fun I've had on these boards! :goodvibes

It's sad to see a good trip report come to an end :sad2: but thanks for the memories :)

I don't want it to end!!! Can't you do some lists or something to keep this going until Sept? No? Will you at least notify me when you start the next one? I will definately miss you.
I'm still trying to get my husband to agree to go this September but they aren't offering free dining anymore. I'm looking at the 18th through 23rd if we do make it so we would be there for a couple days before you leave.
But I am determined to get to Disneyland next September! Maybe you guys can go too! That will be fun.
So take care and I'll see you in Sept!

TREWFKAN? Not as catchy as "The Trip report ex-smoking writer formally known as Nebo"

:rotfl:

Hey, why not? I'm already the trip report writer formerly known as Sharkbait!

I am here, always, just too depressed to post at the end of your journey..... I'll be waiting with baited breath for the new one. I won't go without saying Auf Wiedersehen!

When somebody says, "baited breath", don't you picture them having minnows and nightcrawlers for lunch?

Pick me, pick me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :wave:

Bay Lake Tower at Contemporary Resort
# of

Rooms

Studio

Studio - Lake View

Studio - Magic Kingdom View

1-BR

1-BR - Lake View

1-BR - Magic Kingdom View

2-BR

2-BR - Lake View

2-BR - Magic Kingdom View

2-BR Lock-Off*

2-BR - Lock-Off - Lake View*

2-BR - Lock-Off - Magic Kingdom View*

3 Bedroom Grand Villa

3 Bedroom Grand Villa - Magic Kingdom View

Resort Total

Number of rooms not included inTotal

Wow, this looks a bit wonky pasted in here, hope you can make it out. It's a bit confusing because of the lock-off combinations, but there don't seem to be very many starndard views at all, sorry!

I'll be here till the bitter end, don't you worry!

Wow, only 22 standard view rooms, no wonder we are on the wait list. Thanks marita

Col Potter implores all to not fool around on April 1 as the hard-as-nails Col. Tucker is due to inspect the camp. Naturally nobody stops the pranks and Col. Tucker lowers the boom. Of course the gang can't go out with a bang and they douse Tucker in a bucket of beer. Tucker freaks out and has a heart attack. Just before it looks like it's all over for him, he calls for Pierce. Hawkeye leans over to hear the dying man's last words and he says, "April Fools." Potter and Tucker burst out laughing. The whole camp (and TV audience) is pranked. (side note. Klinger then walks in asking Tucker when they're going home, not being in on the joke yet.)

Yep, I do remember that one well, just to embarrass my son in case he ever reads this, let me just say, "My Bad.J"

I coulda been somebody, I coulda been a contender...
Just try and stop me... ok, you could stop me by telling me to stop... but you did say you wanted others to inflict pain on your next trip... :rolleyes1

You know, I never saw that movie.

Thanks for the TR... most fun I've had on these boards! :goodvibes

Ponzi, you done yourself proud. After completing your sentance you are now free to pursue all the joys and adventures available to other free men, just remember to keep your nose clean so you don't end up right back here again.

It's sad to see a good trip report come to an end :sad2:

Yes, I know, we all miss Riglee

I don't want it to end!!! Can't you do some lists or something to keep this going until Sept? No? Will you at least notify me when you start the next one? I will definately miss you.
I'm still trying to get my husband to agree to go this September but they aren't offering free dining anymore. I'm looking at the 18th through 23rd if we do make it so we would be there for a couple days before you leave.
But I am determined to get to Disneyland next September! Maybe you guys can go too! That will be fun.
So take care and I'll see you in Sept!

Ok, I've got both the Strong's Concordance and the Nancy Drew decoder ring out, and I'm still confused.

You Want to go if they have free dining in September, but you are DETERMINED to go to Disneyland in September! And just how many septembers do you have in your calender?
They may still put out a code for free dining yet, even though they already had one out last year for this September, I still think they may put it out there again by the second week of May. But I also think it may just be for aquick service unless you stay at a deluxe.
That's what we are hoping for right now, since we have to buy new mugs anyway, might as well get them in the quick service plan.

i think I will wrap this all up with some final thoghts Friday night, well, that's if I can think of any thoughts.:laughing:
Hey, after 8 months of doing this it's hard to just turn it off like a late night movie.

i think I will wrap this all up with some final thoghts Friday night, well, that's if I can think of any thoughts.:laughing:
Hey, after 8 months of doing this it's hard to just turn it off like a late night movie.

Nebo, I do not recall a single reader here asking you to turn off the movie.
So just add some extra stuff you forgot to include before and a few flashbacks, compare and contrasts, and we are good to go for a few more weeks! :thumbsup2

I've been prolonging the inevitable long enough. While I know it's over, I just can't bring myself to accept it. :sad2: Our last trip in October '10 seems so long ago now, but reading your TR at least brought back some great memories, and now all me and DH can talk about is one day meeting you and Smidgy on a trip...sometime in the very near...ok distant...ok very distant future, just hopefully not too distant.

We've all laughed, and cried, and laughed until we've cried with you and Smidgy through this report. I can only wait impatiently for the next report you write. Until then, I might sneak over to some of your old TR's just to get my fix :upsidedow.

Thank you for the entertainment and friendship. :hug:

I thought that was the perfect title to the last chapter.
Yes, the last chapter should have been the last, but I like long goodbyes.:goodvibes

Let's face it, DisneyWorld is all of our's Oz at the end of the Yellow Brick Road, no matter whether we fly, drive, or walk and pick up strange characters on the way. There will always be some heartaches, some pain, "But most of it will be beautiful", and we don't need Dorothy to tell us that.

So we climb on the Yellow Brick Road.

But mercifully, this journey for now, has come to an end.
More importantly, let me give you a single example of why I spend all this time writing about these journeys though:

I've been prolonging the inevitable long enough. While I know it's over, I just can't bring myself to accept it. :sad2: Our last trip in October '10 seems so long ago now, but reading your TR at least brought back some great memories, and now all me and DH can talk about is one day meeting you and Smidgy on a trip...sometime in the very near...ok distant...ok very distant future, just hopefully not too distant.

We've all laughed, and cried, and laughed until we've cried with you and Smidgy through this report. I can only wait impatiently for the next report you write. Until then, I might sneak over to some of your old TR's just to get my fix :upsidedow.

Thank you for the entertainment and friendship. :hug:

ThumperManswife, really, I,,, thank you! Your letter made my day, and I feel we have all gone down the that Yellow Brick Road together, but I guess now it's time to tap our heels together...and no, I promise not to say, "And I'll miss you most of all" to Ponzi.

Speaking of Yellow Brick, if you are a fan of the Lion King and it's music, you really need to hear Elton John's versions of "Can you feel the love tonight" and "Circle of Life". He blows away the ones you hear on the DVD or in the musical. He should, he wrote them.

Boy, where did the time go?
It was August 5, I finally decided to do a report on the July trip, which just blended into the December trip. That's a lot of mornings getting up and running to the computer to see who posted! Yes, I do.
Or who I ticked off now.
But most importantly, it's been a lot of fun, although this last trip report was hard to do simply because of the cold, and the fact that we didn't really do anything different.

The doing things different, ah, that's the important part when it comes to doing multiple reports on the same subject.
And, of course, a bit of the absurd mixed in always helps, too.

Let's face it, nobody wants to read anymore about what they saw in a ride, and we've all seen tons of pictures of It's a Small World, yes, some pictures do add to things, but you really need more than that now to keep readers.

Luckilly, I've been blessed with having things go wrong!:laughing::sad2:

It really helps when doing the writing, let me tell you.
There have been times I sat down and started writing from what's in my head, and I just couldn't type fast enough, the thoughts were flying in and out so fast, that's when you absolutely just love doing the trip report.

I have laughed myself silly just writing some chapters at times.
Other times I'm like, "Please, give me a sign! How can I make Test Track and Soarin' (apostrophe trademarked) sound fun".

But it's almost exciting to sit down at the computer knowing that tonight's the night I tell about being picked as an extra in the Indy Stunt Show! Yep, that was a good time. Or the one weird day I almost totally left out cuz nothing major really happened,,,,, well, except getting to meet jock itch guy and the incredible smoker, not to mention being rebuffed by a little kid during Illuminations.
Just watching something like jock itch guy may not seem like anything special at the time, until you picture trying to put it into words,,,,that's when the potential for laughs comes in.

Ok, one last list and I"m breaking up this "double header" into two separate entities, "Oil's Well" and "Jingle Bells." This is in case anyone should want to read other reports from the past, hey, at least you don't have to wait for a new chapter or me to make fresh manhattans:

My favorite self written trip reports, least to best:

7. Smidgy and the Grump
another very cold trip, BWV highlights, biggest problem was my computer, it just got too old to do it.

6. This last report, "Jingle Bells"
even I got tired of complaining in the report how cold it was, back didn't help.

5. Guess who's coming to free dinner?
My second report, first time writing on free dining. Did I mention Segways? And Pool Cleaner guy and aftermath.

4. If it's Tuesday, this must be Epcot.
First report, no idea what I was doing, kinda funny in how stupid I was. (leave it alone)

3. Honey I Shrunk the Checkbook
First time In December, lotsa fun meeting others and hanging out with them. (Colleen, Marita, Emily, Jill & John)

2. Oils well that ends well
Yeah, the first of this double header, I had a lot of fun with Vero Beach, (for awhile) and all that went on at BCV.
It was hard to write because of the Brazilians and what went on with them, very hard for me, anyway. I'd try to set a mode of forboding but I had too many good lines still running around in my head that I just couldn't waste.

"He stood up, started to come right at me and I knew soccer players are in the best of health and fitness.
I get winded making a double jump in checkers."something like that.:happytv:
By the way, don't close the car door on the seat belt!:idea::lmao:

Yes, my favorite report was the most bizarre,,,bizzare,,, strange.

1. Still feeding Nebo
Great, we both lose our jobs, still go on a bunch of trips and meet lots of dissers. I think it was the funniest report out of all of them, and got to touch on a couple OTHER trips we took in the process of writing that report.
Definately a wacky time in our life.

Which again brings us back here.
Yes, Nicole, it's time to go away for a while, i'll still be hanging around though, just not talking about myself for awhile. :scared1:

Believe me, it's a good thing.
I'm all out of ammo, I need new material and I need to step away for a bit to see if new perspectives cross my mind for another report.
Here's where Diane says, "Thoughts can't cross your mind Steve, the bridge is out!"

Thank you all very much, lotta laughs, lotta fun, lotsa hugs. If I start a pre trip report, i'll notify a lot of you that I think of ahead of time, certainly if I do another report.
Marita, Marie, Nicole, Janet, you kids have been with me the longest I think, thank you for your participation and friendship over the years, everybody else, I'm sorry if you fell I've left you out, but I look forward to seeing you all in the future, but I can't name all of you now.

So now, it's time to actually click our heels, (this is really embarrassing because I look really silly in ruby red slippers) "there's no place like home" "there's no place like home".

:grouphug: :grouphug:

September 29, 2011

I knew it was coming, but I just lay there anyway.
Let it have it's fun, see how much Smidgy jumps.

I've been awake almost an hour now, just waiting for the little box to start blaring out the news, and even though it was expected, I still jumped. Along with Smidgy.

What I had forgotten about was our deal, how I forgot I have no idea, but as Smidgy then reminded me, a Deal's a Deal.

Once I put my shirt on and brushed my tooth she then hung my bathroom bag around my neck.
This had to stay in place until we pulled out of the driveway, and most of you know why.
She was not going to blow 6 hours of a trip again by having to turn around and start over!

The day is September 5, Monday morning.

What started as a one night stay in Kissimmee turned into a one night stay in Disney, then a two night stay in Disney, then, when free dining came out and you had to stay a minimum 3 nights,,, 3 nights at Music/ quick service plan, since 30 bucks would have to be spent on mugs, anyway.

Yeah, it just blows up bigger and bigger all the time, that 's the way it has always been with us, but I'm kind of looking forward to spending time again at the Calypso Pool,,,why?,,, hey anybody, wanna play some water balloon toss? Yep, good memories.

Luckily the Santa Fe was packed the night before, I think I would have hurt myself with this thing hanging from my Adam's Apple the whole time, but by 3:30, we were in the car, holding hands and saying a prayer.

Then, it was time to leave, and you know what comes next,,,,,,

"Steve, you can take that bag away from your neck now."
"I knew that!" "Geesh, you just ruined it."

Then, it was time to leave, and you know what comes next....
Everybody!

"Annnnnnnnnnnd, we're Off!"

:woohoo:

Where's the wipe the tear off my face smiley? I need it! That was a sweet wrap up. <satisified sigh>

I'm listening to the Finding Nemo musical soundtrack. Just keep swimming!

Thank you for so many, many laughs.

:banana::banana::banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter