• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

From Oil Wells to Jingle Bells-Bells,pg.66, See you in September!

Oh, I forgot that I didn't finish your previous TR, either... And we have a long weekend ahead. Oh, goodie! I needed an excuse to sit on the couch and do nothing!
Good trip report. Sorry the weather was so cold. It feels different in Florida - it seems to go right through to the bone.

:eek: Oh my gosh Steve, I hope everything will be ok with your eye. :thumbsup2 I am glad they did not shoot your eye out. I hope the new year gets better for you two. I keep saying every winter it will be my last in South dakota as I am moving away in the spring and still here I am freezing my ... off. I just wish it would have been warmer when we went in December, wanted some warmth. Thought about moving down that way, but after that cold snap, not so sure. IDK, i guess being in Florida would still be alot better. I can take cold once in awhile, but not 5 months a year, Oh well.. but I really do hope you get good results for the eye doctor. I also hope the next time we meet we run into you two, we can visit a little more. I enjoyed talking to you both, but it seemed like there was just not enough time.

glad you're back posting nebo! cursed sprite will getcha every time. It was cold like that when we took our girls to the world in Nov 08. Being from so cal we just don't do cold. we have has a bit if a cold snap out here and man are we all crying about it. not gonna post our "cold temps" as folks who live where they have real weather tend to want to stick pins in betsey dolls.
as far as fuzzy cups go we just use the ones they have at the resorts. we stock pike those puppies. out here they serve coffee in the lobby of the disneland hotel so there are fresh ones every morning and we bring home the ones from the room. (hey i admit it i am cheap you should see the mini shampoo collection we have)
so next time you go grab some mickey fuzzy cups. just stay away from sprite it is bad it is evil

yup. our plans were to do pool time. not happening.

after suggesting umpteen things (mini golf, movie, shopping, check out decorations at AKL, etc etc) I finally gave up.

Oh, I forgot the best one. I had read that they had $2 drafts and half price appetizers at House of Blues during happy hour.

Ok, I agree.. let's be depressed. :confused3

why do "half glass full" and "half glass empty" people always marry? heck, I'd be content with "ok, the glass is totally empty...let's just try to fill it a bit, what the heck?":rotfl:

Now, before you all get down on me.... Nebo is the BEST planner in the world!! (love you, honey:love:) but, sometimes things don't go as planned. and even if Plan B and Plan C won't work... well, then you have to go with, um..WING IT! :scared1:

we still had my $86 to spend. (the money I won in a football pool, minus the $14 round I bought... yeah , it doesn't cost much to buy a round at a VFW)

I had said,
this is my winnings, to use for whatever I want. maybe we would have met a fun couple at House of Blues, put down a few, got a little silly.

but.. we still had those reservations at Tony's, that we have never eaten at.(it would be out of pocket, if we keep it) we were going to play it by ear. but, since he knew about my winnings, it would come out of that, IF we do it.

A word to the wise:... if you ever win any money,... keep it to yourself!:lmao: wish I had. but, NOOOO, that next day after work I was about to burst!!

"honey.. guess what???! I won 2 squares on the football pool at work!!... I don't know what I'm going to use it for, but it's going to be for something EXTRA on the trip!"

bad move. spouse already knows now that the money is there. had I kept it to myself, it would have gone like THIS:
nebo:
"oh, man, it's cold, nothing to do. no pool time., spent more than we expected last night. too cold for mini golf. rats!"

ME:
guess what!!! I have $86 you didn't know about! I won a pool at the Vee! (VFW). we will make up fuzzy cups, browse World of Disney a bit, then go see Unstoppable, then go to happy hour at the House of Blues! not the day we had planned, but it'll be fun! and you weren't counting on the money, anyway!"

sigh. live and learn

Nebo, isn't a cold day at Disney better than a cold day at home?

yes, true, oh young one wiser that her years!;)

however, if you have X amount of money set aside for a trip. it would be better spent on a warmer time of year. I would rather have been at home onthe cold days, and put off the trip until a warmer time of year.

but I LIKE the way you think!! you look through the same rose- colored glasses I have always looked through.

and although it's not good to be naive, and it's good to plan, it's also good to try to see the BEST in everything!!!
:dance3: (I'm always the idiot in tiedye, dancing :banana:, when everyone else is saying "what the heck are YOU so happy about?")

however, if you have X amount of money set aside for a trip. it would be better spent on a warmer time of year. I would rather have been at home onthe cold days, and put off the trip until a warmer time of year.

but I LIKE the way you think!! you look through the same rose- colored glasses I have always looked through.

and although it's not good to be naive, and it's good to plan, it's also good to try to see the BEST in everything!!!
:dance3: (I'm always the idiot in tiedye, dancing :banana:, when everyone else is saying "what the heck are YOU so happy about?")

That's why I like hangin' with my teenage daughter. :)

fuzzycupcollection.jpg

Fuzzy Cup Collection on above mentioned desk.

Ooohhh... a hidden Mickey!

Worm and Nurple, you live close to me. I am spitting distance to Ala but still in FL. :cool1: Just out of curiosity, did you get winter weather this week? My daughter's boyfriend had to explain to me what the frozen stuff was falling out of the sky. :confused3 THANK GOD, it did not last long.

Haha... I think I live in the only city in America that it hasn't snowed in in the last 2 weeks. It's been super cold here in Baton Rouge LA but it really hasn't been that bad. Last year and the year before we had snow here but nothing this year.

Roll Call

Sounds like my week at WDW with TinkYellow, very cold! What happened to warm in December? We wore our winter coats quite a bit that week.

I would have worn my winter coat all the time too except it was 1200 miles away!

The story behind PurpleNurple is quite a long one, but I tell people I like it because it rhymes. :) My friends just call me Purple (a lot less snorting involved with that). I am actually in Mississippi and he is in Louisiana. I think you asked w0rm where he was from and he said Louisiana, and by the end of the vacation, it was just easier to leave it at that. :)

Gotcha, which is why we always say Chicago when we're asked, easier that way. We also have a friend that everybody calls "Purple Kathy", mainly because purple is the only color she ever wore. Yes, her sleigh is missing a couple of reindeer we think.

1. I am indeed the female half of the unit, AKA the short half.
2. We were getting the golden fastpasses because our reservation was wonky and they kind of accidentally voided our park entry cards for that day.
3. It was a Tuesday, the night before we left.
4. I've got a gall bladder story of my very own, thank you very much.

Nurp, feel free to give us the Reader's Digest version of the story, let's leave no organs behind.

Hey Worm, great to see you, too. Hope you two can make up and at least live in the same state again soon. WL is great, you'll love it, even without the Christmas decorations, and it's so much better when it's HOT outside, nothing worse than a frozen guiser.

We used to live in the same state but she was banished to Mississippi until she has proven her worth again. :lmao:
Great, now I have that song stuck in my head; "We got married in a fever".........well I'm goin to Jackson,,,"
Actually, I was in New Orleans in August of '69 on vacation with my folks for 2 nights, the next day we traveled through Gulfport and Biloxi. Does the date ring a bell even though you probably were only about 4 years old at the time?
That's right, got to be there in a motel doorway watching as Hurricane Camille hit, still one of the most powerfull 'canes to hit the states.
By the way, if I remember right, you had come to Disney often as a kid with your family but Miss Nurple hadn't near as much as you,,,,,,,and for Smidgy and I, this was our 18TH! trip to DisneyWorld, hopefully next September will be 19.

I am laying in a supply of fuzzy cups, Sunny D, and little bottles before our next trip. Disney with three kids has never looked so good. :thumbsup2

Now you're talkin'!

I am hoping that it will be warm by the first of March....what is the old saying, beware the Ides of March? Could be rough. :worship:

Me thinks the Ides of March can fluctuate, usually the 2nd or 3rd week I believe, and I think it has something to do with the venereal equinox, have to ask Mr. Shakespeare that.

Nebo, love, love, love your chapter. :surfweb: Good story, and I have passed people hiding in the yo yo before. Good observation.

As bright as the paint job on those yo yos are, they still should have painted them in flourescent glow in the dark colors like the real Duncans. Let's see the smokers try to hide in them then!

Nebo, isn't a cold day at Disney better than a cold day at home?

Tinkeryell, if it was free I would totally agree with you, but when you are trying to get "away" from the cold up north by you and us, it ends up being depressing when you've got a great pool view room and guys are ice fishing on it.

Can't wait to hear more about your chilly adventures! I assume that no toes were lost to frostbite in the making of this TR??

Welcome back C and C. No, no toes were lost, but there was a few times I thought you could have just "snaped" off my ears, stuck them on a lanyard and would have been a big hit for the next pin trading session.

fuzzycup.jpg

One of the famed Fuzzy Cups. All alone on my physically and emotionally scarred desk.

Yeppers, I will confirm and verify, a genuine fuzzy cup, and topless at that!
Um, Sandy? Just wondering. How come in the background it looks like you have a wetsuit hanging over a saddle?
That's ok, don't answer that.
Please don't, none of our business, really.

Happy New Year Nebo and Smidgy! I'm way behind. Been busy and really haven't had a chance to catch up on your report. I think I still need to finish reading about your last trip. I know you're already on your recent trip report. Off to catch up again.:surfweb:

There's Thumper Man, thought you and your wife left me for good, as far as I know you two are the only New Mexicans on this trip report.

Oh, I forgot that I didn't finish your previous TR, either... And we have a long weekend ahead. Oh, goodie! I needed an excuse to sit on the couch and do nothing!
Good trip report. Sorry the weather was so cold. It feels different in Florida - it seems to go right through to the bone.

Of course it feels that way to us in Florida, that's cuz we're the ones standing there in tank tops shorts and clip clops because we left the winter gear behind.

:eek: Oh my gosh Steve, I hope everything will be ok with your eye. :thumbsup2 I am glad they did not shoot your eye out. I hope the new year gets better for you two. I keep saying every winter it will be my last in South dakota as I am moving away in the spring and still here I am freezing my ... off. I just wish it would have been warmer when we went in December, wanted some warmth. Thought about moving down that way, but after that cold snap, not so sure. IDK, i guess being in Florida would still be alot better. I can take cold once in awhile, but not 5 months a year, Oh well.. but I really do hope you get good results for the eye doctor. I also hope the next time we meet we run into you two, we can visit a little more. I enjoyed talking to you both, but it seemed like there was just not enough time.

I wish we could have spent more time together too, and I still blame the weather for a part of that, and the dining plan, even at teh Studios that day we had a schedule for knocking off a few things before we had to run over to Mama Melrose's for lunch.

Did you know that on Last night's news they reported that Florida was the only state without fresh fallen snow? :cool1:

Still Cold as crud though....looked up and it is low 40's in Orlando and 33 here. :scared1: I do not handle the cold well..... Counting down to March. :cloud9:

Love the Camille story. Big Hurricanes make me want to move away from the coast, but only briefly. ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebo
Wednsday morning rolled around and I was up before light.
I really wanted a smoke...

... and needed a light, but was up before it. Got it. Go on.

Uh oh, Ponzi was in a weird mood

Quote:
... but I was also curious on what the temp was outside, this was going to be the first day of the Big Chill.

Kevin Costner cameo. Got it. Go... oh all right, I'll stop.

Don't make me come over there!

Quote:
I turned and threw open the door and walked out into Siberia!

are you nuts?" I don't think the question was rhetorical either.

Funny, thinking the same thing...

Quote:
"Nothing, just that International Falls moved into our building in the last couple of hours."

Hey! I know where that is. We have lots of traffic that goes there to clear customs.

Isn't International Falls to you what Miame is to us?

Quote:
No, actually it was the mix of all those things, I don't usually mix drinks like that and really, the sweeter the drinks, the worse the hangover, that's where the Sprite came in. Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Okay, I'll play along. Definitely the Sprite.

No playing necessary. Ok, let's play: have 4 Early Times and Sprite, or 7-Up, or any of the sodas that fall into that category, then see how you feel the next morning. Then tomorrow night have 5 Early Times with ice only no pop, mix it with water instead. No, it won't taste as good but I guarantee you'll feel better after the 5 with water than the 4 with soda.
Go on, get to work on that right now.

Quote:

All righty then, this is an obvious edit, after seeing the date this was a yesterday picture, things got our of order in Photobucket. Hey, I told you this was a lost day. But at least she doesn't have a drink in her hands!

Umm... not to quibble, but... you can't actually see Smidgy's hands. So maybe she is holding a drink. Hmmm????

I DID think about that too. But I'm pretty sure what time the pic was taken and i really don't think we had drinks at that time, guess we'll never know for sure.

Quote:
On the way we stopped at the DSA by our pool, nope, no manic motor mouth this time. No anybody else for that matter, and I think all the lizards in the area were dead, not from the cold but from boredom listening to her. These lizards will NOT be going out and buying a Kindle, I guarantee it.

Saw one just the other day. He had an ipad, so I guess you're right.

Here she goes again.

Why do I get the feeling that in your next update you're going to have trouble with your 7am passes? Staying tuned!

ps. how's the eye?

Think so, do ya?

glad you're back posting nebo! cursed sprite will getcha every time. It was cold like that when we took our girls to the world in Nov 08. Being from so cal we just don't do cold. we have has a bit if a cold snap out here and man are we all crying about it. not gonna post our "cold temps" as folks who live where they have real weather tend to want to stick pins in betsey dolls.

I am not one of those "pooh poohers", spent all my life up here in the cold and I have always hated it, that's why it was hard not to let this weather get me down.

as far as fuzzy cups go we just use the ones they have at the resorts. we stock pike those puppies. out here they serve coffee in the lobby of the disneland hotel so there are fresh ones every morning and we bring home the ones from the room. (hey i admit it i am cheap you should see the mini shampoo collection we have)
so next time you go grab some mickey fuzzy cups. just stay away from sprite it is bad it is evil

Qb, the only cups we ever get from the resort are the clear plastic little ones, there alright for in the room or taking a walk to a smoking section but that's about it. No, never been dto Disnyland yet, someday.

yup. our plans were to do pool time. not happening.

after suggesting umpteen things (mini golf, movie, shopping, check out decorations at AKL, etc etc) I finally gave up.

Oh, I forgot the best one. I had read that they had $2 drafts and half price appetizers at House of Blues during happy hour.

Ok, I agree.. let's be depressed. :confused3

why do "half glass full" and "half glass empty" people always marry? heck, I'd be content with "ok, the glass is totally empty...let's just try to fill it a bit, what the heck?":rotfl:

Now, before you all get down on me.... Nebo is the BEST planner in the world!! (love you, honey:love:) but, sometimes things don't go as planned. and even if Plan B and Plan C won't work... well, then you have to go with, um..WING IT! :scared1:

sigh. live and learn

Wow!
I had no idea my wife was married to such a humorless Gloomy Gus. And I'm not sure if I'm married to Florence Nightingale or Gidget!
Guess I'll have to make sure my Fuzzy Cup is more than half full from no on.

Sure, another big fan of Gidget goes Canadian.

With a Red Ryder BB gun with a compass in the stock, and
this thing which tells time, perchance?

Tut tut, don't start....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandy Mouse

Fuzzy Cup Collection on above mentioned desk.

Ooohhh... a hidden Mickey!

That's it, go to your room young lady!

That's why I like hangin' with my teenage daughter. :)

Sounds like the feeling is mutual with Tinkeryell

Haha... I think I live in the only city in America that it hasn't snowed in in the last 2 weeks. It's been super cold here in Baton Rouge LA but it really hasn't been that bad. Last year and the year before we had snow here but nothing this year.

It does seem to be a strange winter. Cold all over, but even though it's been below normal in Chicago too, I don't think we have had any below zero temps yet this season.

Great, now I have that song stuck in my head; "We got married in a fever".........well I'm goin to Jackson,,,"
Actually, I was in New Orleans in August of '69 on vacation with my folks for 2 nights, the next day we traveled through Gulfport and Biloxi. Does the date ring a bell even though you probably were only about 4 years old at the time?
That's right, got to be there in a motel doorway watching as Hurricane Camille hit, still one of the most powerfull 'canes to hit the states.
By the way, if I remember right, you had come to Disney often as a kid with your family but Miss Nurple hadn't near as much as you,,,,,,,and for Smidgy and I, this was our 18TH! trip to DisneyWorld, hopefully next September will be 19.

Wow... I can't believe you remembed how old I am. I was actually living in the FL panhandle when Camille hit New Orleans. I only saw the aftermath. That was almost as bad as Katrina... just without the flooding.

That's really weird... December was my 18th trip too. We got a PIN so we just moved our trip back to the last week of Oct. so that'll be 19 for me. I think this will be Purple's 6th or 7th? Help me here Purple. :)

Wow... I can't believe you remembed how old I am. I was actually living in the FL panhandle when Camille hit New Orleans. I only saw the aftermath. That was almost as bad as Katrina... just without the flooding.

That's really weird... December was my 18th trip too. We got a PIN so we just moved our trip back to the last week of Oct. so that'll be 19 for me. I think this will be Purple's 6th or 7th? Help me here Purple. :)
I am honestly not sure. I know I've been to Disneyland once and to WDW a number of times growing up... I'll have to start calculating this weekend, but 6 or 7 sounds good for now. :)

On a side note: I could never do the fuzzy cup. I'd be passed out on the bus before we even got to a park. :)

There's Thumper Man, thought you and your wife left me for good, as far as I know you two are the only New Mexicans on this trip report.

A belated Happy New Year to you and Smidgy! I'm still here too :wave2: I'm just trying to catch up and lurking for the time being. Usually i'm right on track with your report, but after the first of the year came along, my desk at work decided to hide from me and has now camouflaged itself as a mountain of paper. It looks like a xerox machine threw up on it :headache:...So once I dig myself out I'll post more! :upsidedow

I hope your eye is doing better. I absolutely dispise needles, as I've gotten older, I've become a little more tolerant towards them, however, only if they are absolutely necessary. While i'm sure the needle in your eye was probably absolutely necessary, the moment i realized what they would be doing, i would have been off that chair running and screaming (albeit, running into everything I could on the way out because I couldn't see anything).

As for the cold weather at WDW, New Mexico is known for dramatic changes in temperature. Take today for instance, this morning, we were in the low 20's, with the windchill, probably in the low teens or single digits, depending on where you are at, and this afternoon we should be around 50 or so. This compared to last weekend where the temperatures in some areas reached
-13. So we are always prepared for the worst, but hope for the best. But i agree with you on one point, when your at WDW, expectations are high on beautiful weather, lounging by the pool and sipping from a fuzzy cup where the ice is something you added to it, not something that the drink has formed on it's own. :laughing:

Off to tackle my desk, in anticipation of your next chapter.

Nope. We're still around. Looking at my last post on your TR, I said I went hunting with my uncles and cousins. How many uncles and cousins did I bag? None. They had guns to, so they would've shot back. :laughing:

As DW said, my desk is lost in paperwork as well. Everyone at my work saves their vacation time for the holidays, so we're down to the infamous skeleton crew. Which is me basically. Since I used my vacation time to go to WDW, I got stuck covering for the holidays. I think I got the better deal though. :thumbsup2

Still trying to catch up on your report. Once I catch up here at work, I can catch up on your report. Since I work on a computer all day, often times when I get home, I don't even turn on the computer there. Besides, it's more fun to get paid to read the Disboards. :rotfl: Makes me look like I'm working on something really important.

I'll post more later after I catch up on all this paperwork and on your report.

Exactly. I recomend October. It's warm, but not to warm.

Did you know that on Last night's news they reported that Florida was the only state without fresh fallen snow? :cool1:

Still Cold as crud though....looked up and it is low 40's in Orlando and 33 here. :scared1: I do not handle the cold well..... Counting down to March. :cloud9:

Love the Camille story. Big Hurricanes make me want to move away from the coast, but only briefly. ;)

That stat is amazing Cnaut, I check the Orlando temps everyday for some r3eason and it still hasn't really warmed up there yet. I have also never realy worried aboutr Hurricanes there on vacation, the odds are slim, by the time they hit Orlando they've lost a lot of steam and even if one does go through Disney, it's gone in a day and a half, unlike the cold that can wipe out an entire trip and turn Nebo into a gloomy gus, depressing to be around, useless and unwilling to come up with or go along with other ideas who's glass is always half empty and just wants to lie around and complain all day to Gidgit.

At first I thought it was cool, even watched a car get blown sideways in the motel parking lot and flip over. But after driving through Gulfport and Biloxi the next day I realized then how many people just died and how un cool it really was. Oh and it was your signature that helped me make a good guess on your age.

For the record, we have also stayed on site at Universal 6 times, 5 at Royal Pacific and once at Hard Rock. The best trips are the ones that start out with 3 nights at RP, then go to Disney after, that's heaven.

I am honestly not sure. I know I've been to Disneyland once and to WDW a number of times growing up... I'll have to start calculating this weekend, but 6 or 7 sounds good for now. :)

On a side note: I could never do the fuzzy cup. I'd be passed out on the bus before we even got to a park. :)

Um, Miss Marple, you do realize you can make the drinks as strong as you'd like, right? Yiou don't have to fill the cups up with Jagerbombs.

A belated Happy New Year to you and Smidgy! I'm still here too :wave2: I'm just trying to catch up and lurking for the time being. Usually i'm right on track with your report, but after the first of the year came along, my desk at work decided to hide from me and has now camouflaged itself as a mountain of paper. It looks like a xerox machine threw up on it :headache:...So once I dig myself out I'll post more! :upsidedow

Good one!

I hope your eye is doing better. I absolutely dispise needles, as I've gotten older, I've become a little more tolerant towards them, however, only if they are absolutely necessary. While i'm sure the needle in your eye was probably absolutely necessary, the moment i realized what they would be doing, i would have been off that chair running and screaming (albeit, running into everything I could on the way out because I couldn't see anything).

Getting older has only made me more tolerant of needles if they are going into somebody else.

But i agree with you on one point, when your at WDW, expectations are high on beautiful weather, lounging by the pool and sipping from a fuzzy cup where the ice is something you added to it, not something that the drink has formed on it's own. :laughing:

Off to tackle my desk, in anticipation of your next chapter.

Yes. Expectations are higher. Who looks good in goosepimples?

Nope. We're still around. Looking at my last post on your TR, I said I went hunting with my uncles and cousins. How many uncles and cousins did I bag? None. They had guns to, so they would've shot back. :laughing:

Yeah, I remember asking you that. So what poor, defenseless, cute little God's critter did you blow it's head off?:rotfl:

As DW said, my desk is lost in paperwork as well. Everyone at my work saves their vacation time for the holidays, so we're down to the infamous skeleton crew. Which is me basically. Since I used my vacation time to go to WDW, I got stuck covering for the holidays. I think I got the better deal though. :thumbsup2

I'm always amazed at co-workers who take time off to just "hang around"

Still trying to catch up on your report. Once I catch up here at work, I can catch up on your report. Since I work on a computer all day, often times when I get home, I don't even turn on the computer there. Besides, it's more fun to get paid to read the Disboards. :rotfl: Makes me look like I'm working on something really important.

I'll post more later after I catch up on all this paperwork and on your report.

Good to see you again Thumper

Quoted by Smidgy:
(I'm always the idiot in tiedye, dancing , when everyone else is saying "what the heck are YOU so happy about?")

Exactly. I recomend October. It's warm, but not to warm.

Glad to see you agree with all of Smidgy's Adjectives and adverbs above.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter