• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

From Oil Wells to Jingle Bells-Bells,pg.66, See you in September!

Hey, it's time for Cheryl's annual post! Nice to see you again Cheryl. We're just the opposite now, I don't think I will risk going back in winter months, I'd rather look forward to getting in the pool then getting back to my room to get under the covers. I do hope you're enjoying your Jersey Blizzard though.

WHooo!! 2 in one year!! We were very lucky in regards to the "Jersey Blizzard" we only got 7 inches but the wind was crazy for 2 days!! Ok I reread that and that sounds really bad OH well let the kidding begin.

Cheryl:rolleyes1

Mony, I do believe Nebo just issued you a challenge :laughing:popcorn::

Better get to it before going back to 18 million kids and 15 night classes that you get A's in... :teacher:

Actually he has asked that before and I have tried to figure that out with no luck. I'll look again and see what I can come with, but it doesn't look too promising. There might be something I can't do......

Heh heh, guess who fibbed about having a new chapter up tonight? Wasn't thinking what day it was, tomorrow then, don't have anything planned.

Mony, I do believe Nebo just issued you a challenge :laughing:popcorn::

Better get to it before going back to 18 million kids and 15 night classes that you get A's in... :teacher:

You left out participating in the Iditarod!

And Nebo, I sure hope you can be an inspiration to my Mom! Happy New Year to you both!!!

Nancy, I will try, all I can do. For my own inspiration, I'm using Backstage Gal for that, you havent started smoking again have you Marita? Right? Marita?

"Romper, bomper, stomper boo. Tell me, tell me, tell me, do. Magic Mirror, tell me today, have all my friends had fun at play?"

You truly are sick.
I know we've had this conversation before, but I still get confused which one was Romper Room and which one Treetop House. And which one was Miss Jean in?

We were in room 7103, you are right (bet you don't hear that very much :lmao:).
I do when I listen to the voices!

For some reason I don't seem to type very well when I am hopped up on cold medication :rotfl:. It was great getting to meet you both, it was so cold that night too and I didn't want to talk your ears off while we froze.

Sorry you're not feeling well, it seems everone I come across lately has a cold or the flu. I just went and had my oil changed and it sounded like a TB ward in there, and that was including the mechanics! I just generally sound that way all the time, not that the 2 and a half packs of cigarettes have anything to do with that.:rolleyes1

]

Hey Nebo and Smidgy!! Have been missing a while. The whole family has been sick but going to catch up soon.
See?
I wanted to stop in and tell you both that we had a "NEBO/ SMIDGY MOMENT" on our trip.
Uh oh, that's never a good thing.

It was near the end of our trip and I can't tell you all about it now as I haven't even started my TR yet.
Tease
But when it happened I started laughing and told Jon, "We are having a NEBO/ SMIDGY moment"! He looked at me like I was crazy and then knew I was having a DIS moment myself. Just wanted to let you both know that you were though of... even at a not such a good time in our trip! :rotfl:

that's great. I'm glad you think of us when things all go to pot. Reminds me of the time I was told by my boss he might have to let me go for being too responsible, every time something went wrong, I was responsible.

Well this is awkward. And unfortunate.

Elizabeth, I didn't mean to create an uncomfortable situation, I'm sorry. I was just going for the cheap line, please accept my apology.

party:wishing you and smidgy a happy and safe New Year.
I want to thank you so much for your trip reports. They are really fun to read. Lance and I enjoy them and appreciate that you take the time to make us all laugh here on the dis boards.

Thank you from the heart, QB, it's much appreciated and a Happy New Year to you both.

I just found Nebo, Louisiana quite by accident while going through some documents. I looked at it on google maps and I don't think there is a community or a population - it's just a spot on the map.

Sandy, 3 years ago we met a guy, Disneydad99, on the trip reports, then found out we were both staying at Riverside the same week and spent time together, had a blast. We exchanged phone numbers and that was pretty much it cuz he lives near Atlanta.
A year later I got a call from him one morning when he was driving around, seeing clients. But he just had to call because he just passed a "Nebo Road",

Hey, it's time for Cheryl's annual post! Nice to see you again Cheryl. We're just the opposite now, I don't think I will risk going back in winter months, I'd rather look forward to getting in the pool then getting back to my room to get under the covers. I do hope you're enjoying your Jersey Blizzard though.

WHooo!! 2 in one year!! We were very lucky in regards to the "Jersey Blizzard" we only got 7 inches but the wind was crazy for 2 days!! Ok I reread that and that sounds really bad OH well let the kidding begin.

Cheryl:rolleyes1

Cheryl, I am going to say that doesn't sound like too much snow and leave it at that, not gonna go there.

but did your husband say it was more like 9?

crap

it was nice to see you both again i do have a picture but not sure how to post wished we had more time to visit with you and Smidgy but we were in rush you know people to see and places to go man the trip was way to short we were in the 50's and you were in the70's or 80's not sure which those years escape me what a drag. Hopfully we can meet each other again in the near future to have a nice cocktail and visit

:thumbsup2o

I really did enjoy meeting you two,:cool1: just wished we could have visited a little more. I had fell down the steps the day we were leaving for disney and jolted my back, but it did not really start hurting until the 3rd day in, then I was really wishing I could find u. :rolleyes1 I totally agree with you, I will never ever go this time of year again. I just wanted to do the Christmas thing, so now I can cross that off my list. Next we would like to do the land/cruise but I dont know. Anywho, I really enjoyed meeting u to. I hope u had a Merry Christmas and I hope u have a really Happy New year..

Whoops, forgot to click on one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Backstage_Gal
Mony, I do believe Nebo just issued you a challenge

Better get to it before going back to 18 million kids and 15 night classes that you get A's in...

Actually he has asked that before and I have tried to figure that out with no luck. I'll look again and see what I can come with, but it doesn't look too promising. There might be something I can't do......

Monica, I believe Marita was referring to whether or not you can pat your head and rub your belly at the same time.

And no, don't waste anymore time on the printing question, I'm sure it can't be done that way, it's all or nothing or go to each individual post and print it out or email them to myself to save paper.
I do appreciate your trying though, always have all the times you helped me out.

I will leave you all with my annual New Years saying:
Be safe everyone, don't over indulge, have a designated driver and most important of all,
Don't drink and drive!
You might hit a bump, and spill.
:grouphug::love: Have a great New Years everybody!

it was nice to see you both again i do have a picture but not sure how to post wished we had more time to visit with you and Smidgy but we were in rush you know people to see and places to go man the trip was way to short we were in the 50's and you were in the70's or 80's not sure which those years escape me what a drag. Hopfully we can meet each other again in the near future to have a nice cocktail and visit

:thumbsup2o

I really did enjoy meeting you two,:cool1: just wished we could have visited a little more. I had fell down the steps the day we were leaving for disney and jolted my back, but it did not really start hurting until the 3rd day in, then I was really wishing I could find u. :rolleyes1 I totally agree with you, I will never ever go this time of year again. I just wanted to do the Christmas thing, so now I can cross that off my list. Next we would like to do the land/cruise but I dont know. Anywho, I really enjoyed meeting u to. I hope u had a Merry Christmas and I hope u have a really Happy New year..

Hey, cool, a husband and wife tag team post, I AM SOMEBODY!
Connie, you really need to get Randy a keyboard that has punctuations in it though.

i really think we should have set up a meet time so we could have spent some time together, maybe over a drink.
You're right Randy, it can get way too hectic running to and fro, and fro and to, I really blame the Dining Plan for making meetings so hard now, it's just another "fro" you have to go "to". Connie, sorry about your back, if you had caught me early in the trip I could have helped, later? It probably would have been over my..... dead......body.
Happy New Year to you both, we'll let you know when we go again.

I have been crunching the numbers for a land and sea adventure. But I have not found out if I can fish off the ship and have a fish fry on the beach :confused3

Nancy, I will try, all I can do. For my own inspiration, I'm using Backstage Gal for that, you havent started smoking again have you Marita? Right? Marita?

I have NOT!. Not a single one since July 23,2010 at 10:30 am :thumbsup2

However, the habitual use of nicotine gum, nicotine lozenges, lemon drops and Wrigley's Spearmint double mint gum, along with a nice dose of Snyders of Hanover pretzel sticks is an entirely different matter...

BUT NOT ONE CIGARETTE! :banana:

"Romper, bomper, stomper boo. Tell me, tell me, tell me, do. Magic Mirror, tell me today, have all my friends had fun at play?"

OMG that put me in the "way back machine" and back into my childhood..

Happy New Year Smidgy, Nebo and all my fellow disboarders!!

Hope everyone has a fun yet safe night!!
And hopefully the hangovers will be shortlived tomorrow!! LOL

I have NOT!. Not a single one since July 23,2010 at 10:30 am :thumbsup2

However, the habitual use of nicotine gum, nicotine lozenges, lemon drops and Wrigley's Spearmint double mint gum, along with a nice dose of Snyders of Hanover pretzel sticks is an entirely different matter...

BUT NOT ONE CIGARETTE! :banana:

The worst is over, Marita, now that you've gone almost 6 months. It will be easier from now on. I'm 10 years ahead of you (quit August of 2000) and I've got to say that I haven't had a craving since... well, a couple of weeks ago.
But you can do it - I believe in you!

Happy NEW YEAR everyone! It's almost midnight which means... I'm at work! Hope everyone's New Year celebration is better than mine! :lmao:

Happy New Year to all Neboites.

Hope 2011 will be good to all of you, and to Nebo and Smidgy so they can take many more trips.

Heh heh, guess who fibbed about having a new chapter up tonight? Wasn't thinking what day it was, tomorrow then, don't have anything planned.
]

As opposed to all your great plans for tonight?:lmao:

seriously, folks, he did have plans. I saw the red Netflix envelope sealed and ready for the mailbox.:rotfl:

but I AM glad I made it home from work in time to kiss Nebo at midnight. ... he almost woke up, too!:rotfl2:

hey, we are a couple on the cutting edge!!!:rolleyes1

Nebo,

I have ripped through your TR like a teenage girl reading "The Twilight Series"....:hippie:.....I live in Florida, about as far away from Orlando as I can and still be in the same state....we affectionately refer to it as LA (Lower Alabama).

When we go in March, we will upgrade our tickets to Florida Resident, Seasonal Passes for only about an additonal 20 bucks per person. What I am getting at is that I can not imagine why you and Smidgy did not upgrade your tickets to passes as much time as you spent there last year. :yay:

Love the reports, and can not wait until I read the rest. Happy New Years!!!

Elizabeth, I didn't mean to create an uncomfortable situation, I'm sorry. I was just going for the cheap line, please accept my apology.

Didn't you read my edit???? Did you skim??? I said "Good one Nebo!!".

Smartypants is my favorite. Cheap lines are a close second. lol

On the way to my Dad's for Christmas, I realized that he lived near NEBO ROAD. So I quickly pulled out the camera to take some pictures. Not a safe thing to do while driving but it had to be done.

There was also a Nebo Elementary School.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter