from mj drive down or fly...we say fly check out this rate from Philly!

stavidt

Mom of 2 little princesses
Hi All-

So we booked a trip the last week in Aug before the kiddies go back to school. We have never driven down but thought we could save some money. We didn't want to take our car down so we looked into renting a car...OMG was that expensive!!!! Close to $700.00 plus the price of gas!

So I went to expedia and priced different fares leaving from different cities. Leaving out of Philadelphia saved us major bucks!!!!! I just booked two weeks ago for $556.00 including taxes etc...for the four of us. Can't beat that!

Check it out...it was on airtran:cheer2:

Hi All-

So we booked a trip the last week in Aug before the kiddies go back to school. We have never driven down but thought we could save some money. We didn't want to take our car down so we looked into renting a car...OMG was that expensive!!!! Close to $700.00 plus the price of gas!

So I went to expedia and priced different fares leaving from different cities. Leaving out of Philadelphia saved us major bucks!!!!! I just booked two weeks ago for $556.00 including taxes etc...for the four of us. Can't beat that!

Check it out...it was on airtran:cheer2:

Just curious, are your baggage fees included in that price?

Sounds like a good deal, we just booked four tickets on Southwest out of Philly for the same price.

Airtran charges for seat assignment so if you haven't selected your seats you may want to call them and add your seat assignments. I don't want you to get to the airport and find out that you wont be able to sit together because the other passengers have paid for their seat assignments and there aren't any left next to each other. My sister found that out the hard way and she was in the back of the plane and her 6 and 8 year old were in the front!

Also Airtran charges $15 for the first checked bag per ticket and I think the second bag is $25.00. This is charged each way.

You may know all of that but I thought I would mention it in case you didn't.
It would be horrible to find it out last minute!
Enjoy your trip!

We have NEVER paid for seat assignments on Airtran. The trick is to pass on the seat assignments when you buy the tickets-then, make sure you "sign-in" as soon as you can at the 24 hour mark prior to flying. You choose your seats then! And you don't pay! THey have the first few rows reserved in the front- so you actually end up with great seats!! This always has worked for us for the past few years- we haven't flown Airtran since last August so I hope it hasn't changed.

We have NEVER paid for seat assignments on Airtran. The trick is to pass on the seat assignments when you buy the tickets-then, make sure you "sign-in" as soon as you can at the 24 hour mark prior to flying. You choose your seats then! And you don't pay! THey have the first few rows reserved in the front- so you actually end up with great seats!! This always has worked for us for the past few years- we haven't flown Airtran since last August so I hope it hasn't changed.

you might as well fly SW then, you wouldn't have to worry about bag fees either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter