From Fantasyland to the Fantasy: We came, we saw, we kicked it's AFT! UPDATED 1/10!

Discussion in 'Disney Cruise Line Trip Reports' started by nenner1, Sep 30, 2012.

1. Fastpaks

Fastpaks Living the Dream, One Image at a time!

Jenn,

You are right! I probably would like staying there more than WDW. Especially for what I would like to do in '14. Very anxious to hear about the next installment to hopefully hear about the amenities you all tried. :thumbsup2

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. JustTJ

JustTJ Luv Dising

I'm loving your Ron Jon Cape Caribe pics!!! The decor actually reminds me of Caribbean Beach Club Resort at WDW :) I will have to show the rest of my family these pics, and we have the 2Br suite/villa booked for January. I'll be taking lots of pics and hopefully do a trip report as well. I've never finished the one or two other trips reports I had started, so we'll have to see how attempt number 3 goes :) Looking forward to your next journaling installment :thumbsup2

4. Tink1987

Tink1987 DIS Veteran

Great TR - you packed in so much at MK :)

5. livingis2me

livingis2me DIS Veteran

I actually liked the decor. Didn't even realize that you didn't until reading this.:)

Ron

6. DLW8

DLW8 DIS Veteran

I liked it too, Ron! It was very casual/tropical. It definitely seemed very clean and spacious. Unfortunately, we just tend to fly down the night before the cruise, so doesn't make sense for us.

Hoping to see more photos of the pool/water park area there, and then of course the REAL reason for this TR! :goodvibes

7. livingis2me

livingis2me DIS Veteran

you know more pics are coming.
    IMO this place is worth coming down a little earlier. I love having that extra time to chill before the cruise. And to think we used to drive straight from tampa the morning of our cruises...:confused3

Ron

8. JKSWonder

JKSWonder Twelve plus trips and counting

Yes, but it did take time and effort. For Mike that is. :)

Sarah looks overwhelmed by the prospect of her pancakes!

I agree, it looks pretty good to me. A bit loud color-wise, but I think given you are headed for a tropical vacation, its appropriate. The layout looks kind of similar to Westgate Lakes Resort and Spa. We stayed at that timeshare as a gift of points from my Uncle. Closer to Universal (and very close to SeaWorld) then to WDW, but we were happy with it.

9. threeiscrazy

threeiscrazy DIS Veteran

OMGosh Jen! I LOVE your trip reports!

Your group picture on the staircase turned out great!

Congratulations on being chosen as the 1st family. Your :boat: ride looked so nice and peaceful.

I can't believe how big Sarah is getting. In fact all the kids.

I have to say the thought of chicken on a waffle has never appealed to me, but you made it sound so good, I might have to try one next time.

I feel the same way you do about Cosmic Ray's...it's crazy in there!

10. nenner1

nenner1 <font color=darkorchid>I must've been distracted b

Yeah it was nice to spread out a bit. It was hard to go to our tiny (in comparison) staterooms after that! ;)

No, I did not know about the original Ron Jon's! would love to make it up there to see that (among other things).:goodvibes

Yep the hardest part is picking a time that you think will work! Last cruise we missed it (forgot what we were doing) and this time we had a second one for the next morning and nobody was awake for it! :lmao: Oh well, we got this call, even if not everyone was all that interested!

Me either- it used to be that the price point for rooms by the port was much lower. Now that many of the hotels/resorts have similar pricing it really seems like a fantastic choice. Hopefully the word will get out after this TR (but not too much for them to raise the prices too high!)

Thanks so much! I think you guys will love the 2BR. I don't know if you will have a preference on which building you want but if you do, definitely call to request it before you check in. The Ocean building definitely had better views and inside hallways but I wouldn't have liked being so far away from the main building, pools, restaurant, etc. It's not a super long walk (and they do have golf cart transportation between the buildings at least during the day) but still could be a pain.

Thanks so much, glad to have you reading along! I'd agree that we had quite a successful day! :goodvibes

Well I told you how it reminded me of Aunt Pam's condo. I didn't hate it by any means I just thought maybe it could use an update. It definitely had that tropical resort feel, for sure. Not a bad thing. :thumbsup2

Yep, we probably won't try to stay there in May since we will only be arriving the night before the cruise then too.

He isn't kidding.:rolleyes:

Part of the problem I am having is I just have TOO MANY pics of the first part. It's taking forever to sort through and organize them. They were scattered among so many different cameras and memory cards that my files are not cohesive. It's a huge time suck.

:thumbsup2

Yeah, silly us. The one pancake meal would have been more than enough. She ate maybe 5 bites. But it made for a good breakfast for Ron the next morning!

Oh it isn't bad- not by any means. Besides reminding me of my old Step-Aunt's condo (that I used to spend a lot of time in babysitting), it just reminds me of the 80's. LOL- That isn't a bad thing, I do love the 80's!:rotfl2:

Sheri! So glad to have you onboard!

Thanks! I had to do a little editing on it- I was very worried it would not come out well. Remember on the MNSSHC we had quite a few pople stay out to take the pictures with their cameras? This time it was just my camera- nobody else took one. So I was under pressure to make it work. Luckily it came out pretty good. A little brightening and it was good to go! :)

It was! We really felt like Royalty!

I know! :scared:

Yes, it is so good! And they also have a fruit and Nutella one that has my name of it too!

Hope this TR helps you plan your cruise in April! I wish we didn't have to wait so long to go back, we really loved it!

OK gang, I am sorting and writing the next part from Friday at the resort. Stay tuned! :thumbsup2

11. poison ivy

poison ivy DIS Veteran

Really want to thank you for posting so much detail on the Ron Jon resort. I had a heck of a time researching this place last year and didn't want to chance it. I am very interested in the ocean front units and they're proximity to Jetty Park.

Are all the units the same decor?

12. livingis2me

livingis2me DIS Veteran

Jetty Park's beach is adjacent to Ron Jon Resort's beach. It would take about 8-10 minutes to walk from the oceanside building and into the park area. I believe the decor is the same in all the rooms.

Ron

13. nenner1

nenner1 <font color=darkorchid>I must've been distracted b

Friday morning dawned warm and grey, and as usual I was up early. I folded some laundry, brewed a pot of coffee, tried to check my email (internet was really slow this morning and I already had a couple hundred email s to go through), and enjoyed a little breakfast.

[​IMG]

Exciting, huh? We had planned to get up early and go out to breakfast but everybody was so wiped out from the busy day before Ron and I let them sleep in. At around 8 AM our other phone call from DCL came in but nobody else was awake so I took the call myself!

The view from our balcony. Not the greatest but we would come to love our room location for the view from the front door. More on that still to come!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

By the time mid-morning rolled around, the older kids were up and Ron took them out to explore the property. It was very overcast out at this time but it would end up being a bright, sunny HOT day. Perfect to hang out at the awesome pool!

Here is a photo (obviously not mine) showing the whole pool complex. This awesome pool/waterpark is definitely the showcase of this resort!

[​IMG]

The Pool chair hogs are already out. We found that Ron Jon has a TON of poolside seating and chair hogging did not impact finding good poolside chairs and lounges later in the day.

[​IMG]

Lots of seats

[​IMG]

One part of the Lazy River

[​IMG]

The Children’s Water Play area

[​IMG]

The very large slide. It is hard to put it in perspective in a photo but this slide is big. You don’t really realize how tall it is until you have to climb up there.

[​IMG]

Ron and the kids took the 7 or 8 minute walk to the Ron Jon beach access. I’ll get into this in a little more detail later on because we went back out to the beach later in the afternoon. It isn’t a bad little walk.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Mine! Mine! Mine!

[​IMG]

Jetty Park is literally right here. You can walk right up – and into- the park. No entrance fee if you come in this way!

[​IMG]

Here is the pier at Jetty Park.

[​IMG]

Looking back at the port. You can see Monarch of the Seas in the center of the pic. So far it is the only ship in port this day- although there will be a surprise visit later on!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There was never anybody staffing this little booth. The only rentals we saw were beach chair/umbrellas, but that guy was out on the beach itself.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Looking at the back of the main Ron Jon complex: pool area and Main Buildings from the path (road) to the beach and Ocean Building

[​IMG]

The sun is out and there are still lots of seats available!

[​IMG]

To be continued... (with more pool pics!)

14. Cheryl726

Cheryl726 DIS Veteran

WOW! What an amazing pool area, looks like a great resort! And I think you had a great view--being from the north I would love to have palm trees outside my window!

15. lucas

lucas °o°

Ron Jon looks fantastic and what a great location!

More! Hurry! :hyper:

16. livingis2me

livingis2me DIS Veteran

I'll take one chair and one surfboard please!!! :beach:

Ron

17. DisneyCrazMom

DisneyCrazMom Mouseketeer

I just wanted to say I have so enjoyed your TR. I love that you are writing and reliving it through your pictures and your DH keeps posting on it. It is great to see great families and great parents and great relationships in full force. :cheer2:

18. amandaw

amandaw DIS Veteran

What a cool pool/waterpark area! And how nice that it was a quick walk to the beach!

19. Lauralooneyfordisney

Lauralooneyfordisney DIS Veteran

Love it and chiming in for more.

20. JKSWonder

JKSWonder Twelve plus trips and counting

That's the breakfast of champions right there!

21. Mickcruiser

Mickcruiser Earning My Ears

enjoying your review.