From DLH or PP to DL and DCA? HELP!

sweetbrat

Earning My Ears
I read about this often on these boards, but I have not seen it summed up.

I am staying at DLH, but I thought the monorail still went through it, like the last time I was at DL. Now I hear we are walking to our destinations. Okay. For you DLR experts...HELP! "Can you tell me how to get, how to get to Disneyland???" :yay:

(1) From DLH how do we get to DL and DCA?

(2) From PP how does one get to DL and DCA?

create downtown Disney. So everything looks entirely different.

From DLH - You can walk right though Downtown Disney to get to the parks.

From GCH - Basically out the hotel into Downtown Disney and hang a right. You can't miss the parks.

and.....

From the DLH you can walk a short bit to the monorail station, get onboard, and be dropped off in Tomorroland.

From PP you leave the front entrance, cross the street at the crosswalk, and go in the front doors of GCH. Go in, turn left, go through a door that may or may not have a sign to DTD, follow the crowds down the hall, out the sliding door, around the path, and then into DTD. Turn right, go to the esplanade which allows you the choice of DL or DCA. :)

If you're only going to DCA from PP, you could consider finding the DCA entrance from inside GCH. I have only exited DCA that way, not entered, so I have no directions for that. :upsidedow

To get to DCA from PP thru the GCH you just walk thru the lobby, past the spa shop and out the doors, walk past Storytellers and follow the path around the corner to the right, there is a sign that points left and an opening to the DCA gate.

and.....

From the DLH you can walk a short bit to the monorail station, get onboard, and be dropped off in Tomorroland.

From PP you leave the front entrance, cross the street at the crosswalk, and go in the front doors of GCH. Go in.......

....& you are standing in the beautiful GCH Lobby. If unsure at this point on how to get to DTD or to the secret DCA entrance....then ask a GCH CM at this point.

....turn left, go through a door that may or may not have a sign to DTD, follow the crowds down the hall, out the sliding door, around the path, and then into DTD. Turn right, go to the esplanade which allows you the choice of DL or DCA. :)

If you're only going to DCA from PP, you could consider finding the DCA entrance from inside GCH. I have only exited DCA that way, not entered, so I have no directions for that. :upsidedow

Bumber & Pixie are correct....if you can't visualize (or feel you're lost)....see above when you get to the GCH. Personally I think if arriving in the afternoon, I'd commit both routes thru the GCH (if staying at the PP) to memory when you get there....literally walk them a couple of times (it's a beautiful hotel & each route is just a few steps). Plus you'll walk by Napa Rose, the GCH character bfast & you'll see the sign for Whitewater Snacks.

Also in order to access the super secret GCH entrance FROM DCA, (which we ALWAYS did when returning to the PP for our afternoon break.....after picking up FPs from Soarin' & Griz).....it's basically across from Griz Rapid's FP machines.

Have fun. :hippie:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter