• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

From Cast Member to Annual Passholder! Updated 03/14/16

Congratulations! Working for Disney is one of my dreams (hoping to do the DCP one day) so I'll definitely be following along.

Subscribing :) Maybe we will see you in October (i love some Starbucks)

I know that I will be doing in the Starbucks role for at least 6 months so through July. If I love it I'll stay, but I also want to try for a DVC Sales Position and audition for a face character. We will see! I will surely be somewhere in Walt Disney World as I never have to leave!! princess:

Congratulations! Working for Disney is one of my dreams (hoping to do the DCP one day) so I'll definitely be following along.

Thank you! Glad to have you here!

PS If you can dream it you can do it ;)

I've always wondered and dreamed about what it would be like to work anywhere at Disney...looking forward to following along.

I'd love to follow along on your journey. I've wanted to work for Disney for as long as I can remember but I just don't have the nerve to move there (from Iowa also!) So congratulations for having the courage to follow your dreams and I look forward to seeing how it goes!

Congrats! Subscribing! Love to hear your story. It's sounds like an opportunity of a life time!

Congratulations! I can't wait to read more!

I would love to work for Disney one day too. DH and I sometimes talk about moving up there and working part time when we retire! But for now, I am living vicariously through your TR! :)

What an exciting adventure. I keep telling my 19 year she should apply for the college program. I will have to stop by and say hello when we are in EPCOT. (Our favorite park) Congrats!! Can't wait to read more. :)

Hey Robin, I just wanted to say congrats on taking a chance and chasing your dreams. That's a huge step for someone to take. I did the same last year and haven't regretted it one bit.

I graduated college last May and decided to make the leap and move to Orlando. My dream is also to work for the mouse one day (in media and marketing) and I knew the only way I was going to make that happen was to move here from South Carolina. I haven't worked my way into Disney just yet but living close by is already living the dream. I go to the parks/resorts with friends at least once a week and can't explain enough how much I love being able to have that freedom.

I'll be on the lookout for you at the Epcot Starbucks. If you have any questions about the area or need someone to go play in the parks with feel free to pm me. Good luck!

- Jay

I'd love to follow along on your journey. I've wanted to work for Disney for as long as I can remember but I just don't have the nerve to move there (from Iowa also!) So congratulations for having the courage to follow your dreams and I look forward to seeing how it goes!

A fellow Iowan!! It's a huge leap of faith but I'm hoping it will be amazing journey! If you ever decide to move down there you'll have a friend!!! Thank you for following along :)

Congrats! Subscribing! Love to hear your story. It's sounds like an opportunity of a life time!

Glad to have you! :goodvibes

How exciting! I am so please to be able to share in your journey through this site!!
:goodvibes Thanks for being here!
What an exciting adventure. I keep telling my 19 year she should apply for the college program. I will have to stop by and say hello when we are in EPCOT. (Our favorite park) Congrats!! Can't wait to read more. :)

I loved my program, it just wasn't long enough! Definitely stop by and say hi!!!

Hey Robin, I just wanted to say congrats on taking a chance and chasing your dreams. That's a huge step for someone to take. I did the same last year and haven't regretted it one bit.

I graduated college last May and decided to make the leap and move to Orlando. My dream is also to work for the mouse one day (in media and marketing) and I knew the only way I was going to make that happen was to move here from South Carolina. I haven't worked my way into Disney just yet but living close by is already living the dream. I go to the parks/resorts with friends at least once a week and can't explain enough how much I love being able to have that freedom.

I'll be on the lookout for you at the Epcot Starbucks. If you have any questions about the area or need someone to go play in the parks with feel free to pm me. Good luck!

- Jay

Thank you so much for sharing this! I am so glad to hear that you have made the move and are loving life down there! I definitely would love to get to know you more so check your PMS! :yay:

:tink:

Congratulations! I can't wait to read more!

I would love to work for Disney one day too. DH and I sometimes talk about moving up there and working part time when we retire! But for now, I am living vicariously through your TR! :)

So glad you're here!!!!

I've always wondered and dreamed about what it would be like to work anywhere at Disney...looking forward to following along.

Glad to have you!!!

Just wanted to drop by with a quick update and a note to everyone who's subscribed and reading so far...

Thank you for following along on this adventure with me, I couldn't be more excited to share all of my experiences with you all!

I can't believe I leave for Orlando tomorrow night! I finished all of my new-hire documents so I'll be all set for Onboarding the 28th!

Today has been laundry day, and I'll be packing up my car today as well. I am really looking forward to seeing Haley on Wednesday and getting all settled into my new place on Friday. I can't wait to smell that lovely Florida air once more! There's just a 30 hour drive in my way now!

I left from Denver, Colorado on Wednesday the 21st at around 6:00pm since it had been snowing all day and I was planning to make it to Mississippi around 5:30pm Thursday (today). The route I went took me through Kansas, Oklahoma, Arkansas, and finally Mississippi... a whopping 1,316 miles of which I drove straight through! It took me about 24 hours or so with the time difference to get there and boy am I feeling it today!

Haley's boyfriend was able to get me a room at the hotel he works at for free for tonight which was absolutely amazing. (We all met during our Career Start Programs!)
The three of us went out to dinner at Haley's favorite local sports bar and she showed me around her school's campus and her apartment. I met her two other roommates and we just talked. It was so nice to see her after so long. She looked amazing, and her and her boyfriend just seemed to happy and it was just a nice time!

I am planning on sleeping in until 9:30am tomorrow and making the final 592 miles to Orlando(MY NEW HOME! :cheer2:) around 8:00pm so I can spend the night moving in my things!

Alright folks... You are now reading the trip-report of the HAPPIEST GIRL ON EARTH!!!!

After an intense 9 hour drive in the pouring rain to Orlando from Mississippi I finally arrived home at around 9:30pm.

And what did I come home to?! Well, my two lovely roommates Gabi and Colleen running out the door to greet me and to help me bring everything inside. :cloud9: Seriously the sweetest thing ever! After we unloaded we just talked and drank some wine and got to know one another. Gabi is doing an internship for Disney Wedding Planning (seriously how freaking amazing!) and Colleen is friends with several characters at the parks (also freaking amazing!)

I truly have not been this happy in a very long time. My heart is just bursting with joy. My life is going to consist of making new friends, working at Disney World, playing in the parks, and living my dream, and I get tears in my eyes because I finally did it!

Here are some photos of my new digs!

Dining Room

My Room

Living Room

I was unpacking my room but decided to take a break to get this report updated! Tomorrow will be my first official day in Orlando and there's sure to be some Disney magic coming my (your) way! I can't wait to write about it to share with you all! :wizard:

Your place looks great! I am so excited for you!! How amazing that you got some really nice roomies too!

I woke up around 10:30am today and took a shower and got ready for the day ahead! I stopped by Target (which is so close to my house!) and picked up a cute pair of sandals. Then I headed over to Downtown Disney as I was just itching to get a little Disney magic! Here are some photos!

House of Blues

I am in love with palm trees.

Some day!

What the Pleasure Island Portion of DTD will be named!

A sneak-peak of what's to come!

Lego Masterpiece

Would be happy with these crowns... :cloud9:

The very first place I worked at during my internship!

Wall of LOVE

MUST HAVE

Figured I'd get all of these uploaded onto one post so I can add more photos later! Tonight I plan on doing some resort hopping before I meet a fellow Disboarder at AKL for some drinks! :yay:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter