From 1-10 How likely is VAKL? What about Poly?

diznyfanatic

Officially a Moosehead
On a scale of 1-10 with 1 being "Forget it" and 10 being "Done Deal", how likely is a DVC at AKL?

How about the Poly?

With the CRV sounding like almost a sure thing now, how likely is it that they will announce two new DVC's? Have they ever announced two at once or had sales going on at two places at once?

I know I'm in the minority, but CRV doesn't really thrill me and I'd probably only use existing points to book at the 7 month window to try it, unless I am absolutely blown away by something there.

VAKL on the other hand would thrill me to bits especially if it would have Savannah Views. :)

I'm also wondering why the Poly hasn't been a serious DVC consideration with it's legion of loyalists? That one would definitely hold more appeal to me than CRV. :)

CRV - 10
VALK - 9.5
Polyn - 0

I have no proof of this - but in the DVC symbol it is a volanic island. the florida keys (OKW) is not this type of island. I think it was mean for the Polyn. Someone at the Polyn say no. So BW was the next.

now I could be dead wrong and the Polyn may one day be a DVC resort too. but hey the Polyn can sell out even their over price concierge rooms without any help from DVC members. As long as the Polyn is making a great profit without us - then I don't see it becoming a DVC resort. besides since Disney put the wedding pavilion up is there any room? I know there is not on the other side of the Polyn because that is where TTC is located.

It would be great if it did!!!

dvc announced 4 at old time - while still selling OKW (DVC); BWV, VB and HH - were announced close together and all 4 were sold at the same time.

the sales people (guides) like a variety. You know some people just don't like either location or style - it helps for them to close a sale with more variety.

you know. like you feel about Cont but love the Polyn.

It can be hard to sell just one place.

I'm with Spicy

CRV 10
VAKL 9.5
Poly 1

I gave Poly a 1 because I know there are plans drawn up at all WDW resorts, so it is possible.

Let's not forget DL. I think that will happen soon ...as soon as they figure out were!

CRV = 5
VAKL = 4
POLY = 0
DLR = 8

Ok, so call me a party pooper! Yes, I've seen the pic of the plans for CRV. ANd yes, I know about the "model" at AKL. I would love to see both of these happen....but I don't nearly think it is at the "done deal" end of the scale. We all know of the many plans that never came into being.

I have said it before, and I'll continue to say it right up until the Press event....I think the next DVC will be in California.

CRV- 9- just because they haven't refurbished the North wing yet and seems like they have no plans to.

Vakl -9- makes perfect sense to have one there- especially if they keep it small(like the BCV's)

poly- 0 - right now, but maybe someday!!

CRV.......10.....I think something is going to be announced soon.
AKV.........8
PRV.........2

Just my 2cents......

I would LOVE to see a DVC at the Polynesian. I'd sign up for an add-on the first day it was announced. :teeth: The Contemporary, on the other hand, holds absolutely no appeal to me. I'd rather see a DVC in Disneyland first.

What I would like and what I think will happen are two different things. I would LOVE to see a DVC/AKL, and I could care less about a CRV, but I think Disney has the facilities to build CRV before they would VAKL. That is, unless they turn an existing wing of AKL into villas.

dianeschlicht said:
What I would like and what I think will happen are two different things. I would LOVE to see a DVC/AKL, and I could care less about a CRV, but I think Disney has the facilities to build CRV before they would VAKL. That is, unless they turn an existing wing of AKL into villas.

My sentiments as well.

The only possible negative we had when we stayed at AKL was the incredibly long walk from our Savannah View room at the end of the hall on the 4th floor to anywhere else.

However, waking up to that absolutely breathtaking view and watching the Savannah come to life each morning, as well as sitting on our balcony at night with a glass of wine and listening to all of nature's sounds more than made up for it! :)

I would love it if Disney would convert an existing AKL wing for DVC. :cool1:

CRV - 8
At this point the North Wing is definitely going down -- the only question is what will be done with the land.
VAKL - 5
A contender but it doesn't (yet) have the compelling evidence that CRV does.
PRV - 2
Still a long-term possibility. They could convert only Fiji and/or Tuvalu and build on the Luau Cove site -- a waste of good land if you ask me. Having just returned from Hawaii, I feel WDW should either do a GOOD luau or forget it.

PRV remains my personal favorite, if only in my dreams.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter