• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fries/chips or fruit, as an adult what do you do?

What do you?

• fries, if included as part of the meal

• alternate fruit, if offered instead of fries

• sometimes fries and sometimes fruit

• neither

Results are only viewable after voting.

Bete

DIS Veteran
I'm seeing the menus especially counter service offering an alternative to fries, now.

However, in some cases it says the substitute is one, apple slice. I honestly don't think this is equivalent value even though it would be the right choice to make sometimes.

Also, I look at it as vacation and letting lose a little more; so, I don't find ordering the fries as the most deplorable thing you can do. I will probably do half and half on my vacation.

Anyway, have you opted for the fruit? Do you feel it's equivalent value? Or do you do it just because it's the better choice for you regardless of value?

As I am nearing 50, I have cut a lot of fried foods out of my diet and the first thing is french fries. I haven't had them for about six months.

I am happy that one of my local hangouts allows you to order a smaller version of their house salad in lieu of fries.
It has not only allowed me to cut out the fries, it has gotten me back into eating salads again.

My other local hangout allows you to substitute veggies or fruit in lieu of fries with sandwiches; that has also gotten me back into eating more of that as well. Just yesterday, I had some really, really fresh steamed snap peas.

French fries have kinda become empty calories for me now.....

It's not one apple slice. It's a pre-packaged bag of apple slices, like the kids meals have, I believe (but not sure since I would opt for the fries!). :rotfl:

when me and my DBF get a counters service one of us gets fries and the other gets the healthy option and we share it all so we get a bit of both :)

One of my favorite foods is french fries, so for the majority of the time I will eat the fries, but there is an occasion where I will have a fruit salad, but that is a rarity :rotfl:

We (2 adults) usually just order the sandwich w/o the fries. Just tell the cashier you don't want the fries & they will deduct the price from the "combo", around $1.80. We, especially DW, really like the apple slices & sometimes get them instead of the fries. They are really tasty & we will sometimes also get them at the fruit carts in the parks. I love a good french fry, but with all of the other snacks & desserts we eat at WDW I try to limit them to special places like the fish & chips cart in Epcot. We eat so differently on vacation, that somewhere near the end of our trip DW's CS meal of choice is an order of the apple slices & a side or two of green beans!

French fries are one of my favorite foods, and Disney's are particularly good, so I just about always order them when it's an option (I think I had fries 4 times in 10 days on vacation). I don't like melon so I don't eat fruit salad. I wish they offered a little tiny salad as an alternative. We sometimes buy sandwiches at Einstein Brothers (in real life) and they offer chips, fruit salad, or for 50¢ more you can get a mini Caesar salad. I would get that every time (okay, not *every* time, but more than I'd get the fruit ... with the DDP fruit + dessert is too much sweet, I'd be more likely to replace my dessert with fruit than my fries).

For us sometimes one of us will get the fries and the other will get the fruit cup or whatever and save it for breakfast the next day. That way we are only eating 1/2 the fries and having a fruit side for breakfast. :)

I very rarely eat french fries but they are one of my very favorite foods. So, when I'm on vacation, I always go for the fries if they're an option. Now that I think about it, though, even at WDW we rarely eat at a CS that has fries. I think the only time I really get them is with fish and chips in the UK pavilion and at Raglan Road.

If you're talking about value for money, an apple is likely your best option, actually. Potatoes cost about 30 cents a pound, and apples cost about 70 cents a pound.

But if you want to have fries, have them.
Either way, enjoy whatever you get :)

If you're talking about value for money, an apple is likely your best option, actually. Potatoes cost about 30 cents a pound, and apples cost about 70 cents a pound.

But if you want to have fries, have them.
Either way, enjoy whatever you get :)

but cooking the fries adds more value, whether good or bad for you.

I don't like fries much (sweets get me, but not fried foods), so unless I have to pay to substitute, I get fruit instead.

And I always get apples for the kids at McDs. It is part of the deal to go to McDs...

I'm very allergic to apples so I'm stuck with fries. I try to go to CS with more variety because I don't really like fries either and never eat them at home. I wish they had berries or melon instead, or even a small salad, yum!

It's not one apple slice. It's a pre-packaged bag of apple slices, like the kids meals have, I believe (but not sure since I would opt for the fries!). :rotfl:

It is a pre packed bag.We subbed them for fries alot, we were also able to have grapes9 also in a baggie) or carrot sticks

Sometimes I'll get the apples, sometimes the fries. If my daughter is with me, one of us will get fries, the other fruit and then we share.

My husband always gets the fries.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter