• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fries at Ohana?

Earning My Ears
Is it possible to order a side of fries at ohana?

We have a few fussy eaters in our party who will love the meats but will hate the accompaniments! Just wonder if anyone has experience with this? And will we be charged?

If it makes a difference we will be on DDP, TIA :)

If you make the request prior to the reservation, they will probably be able to accomodate you. My sister doesn't eat meat (or really any of Ohana's food), but they brought her macaroni & cheese (I think from Captain Cook's) and we were only charged accordingly for her.

We ordered DS chicken nuggets and french fries last week at O'hana without any advance notice.

I just wanted to add that I have 2 picky eaters too, and they absolutely love the noodles that are served as a side. Maybe they will enjoy them?!
I've heard of many people ordering other food there for kids though, and it doesn't seem to be a problem (just order it immediately upon sitting down or it will take forever!).

Yes ask for sure......my fussy eater was offered a grilled cheese and fries(his fav!), made the meal much more enjoyable.

Have fun:goodvibes

when we were there my kids visibly disliked the food for dinner and I didn't know they had kids options and our server didn't offer so I was upset later when I found out they could have had something different, so ask!

My nephew eats nothing but fries and nuggets and we were also able to get these from Ohana without any advanced notice.

Thanks everyone!

We ordered fries no problem and they were included with the price of the meal! :goodvibes

Good to know. We have always wanted to do Ohanas but have been put off because of DSs fussiness.Now its on the list:cool1:
Do you think this is the case throughout all the restaurants?

Good to know. We have always wanted to do Ohanas but have been put off because of DSs fussiness.Now its on the list:cool1:
Do you think this is the case throughout all the restaurants?

Not always. Ohana seems to share a kitchen with other locations at the Poly so it is pretty easy for them to get items offered at those other locations for kids. Other restaurants may not have this flexibility and will only be able to do special requests with what they have on hand.

Anyone have luck asking for fries because you don't care for the noodles and want a starch with all of the meat? This wouldn't be a child not wanting the dinner and getting chicken fingers and fries. I'm talking about myself, a 39 year old dad that so misses the potatoes. I could use something to cut all of that meat, and the noodles aren't doing it for me.

Snurk, I was wondering the same thing! We have some picky adults who have tried the noodles and do not care for them, but would love french fries.

Has anyone ordered french fries as an adult? TIA!!:goodvibes

"I could use something to cut all of that meat, and the noodles aren't doing it for me. "

Don't they serve broccoli? : )

I know.
But seriously, between the bread, the pot stickers and the bread pudding, I don't think anyone will walk (roll?) out of there feeling very starch deprived.

Anyone have luck asking for fries because you don't care for the noodles and want a starch with all of the meat? This wouldn't be a child not wanting the dinner and getting chicken fingers and fries. I'm talking about myself, a 39 year old dad that so misses the potatoes. I could use something to cut all of that meat, and the noodles aren't doing it for me.

Noodles are a starch. ;)

I guess you could ask, but for me personally, I don't really like to make a spectacle of myself at restaurants without good reason, so I wouldn't. You can always buy yourself fries at the food court on the way home.

I think I'm fussy! I like the noodles at 'Ohana. I just pick out the bits of veggies in it.

I don't eat cooked vegetables (only corn, and potatos-I don't really count them as a veg).

I did try a bit of the broccoli, but I just can't eat it cooked.

I haven't ordered fries at 'Ohana

Here's my motto...Always ask if it's something you want. What the worse they can say, no? You're already at no, so you can only win by asking. Now, I would just ask politely and say I have a hankering for some french fries, is it possible to get some? :thumbsup2 A nice smile goes a long way.

BTW, am I the only one who will ask for two deserts....LOL Granted, I skip out on some of the "food" just to save room for more banana bread pudding.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter