Friends seeking travel friends thread!

I'll be at WDW from Aug 28 - Sept 5. It's a Father/daughter trip but we don't spend most of it together and I'll have a lot of solo time after the first couple days. My daughter hates World Showcase so wouldn't mind some others that want to explore it!

42 (look 30), 1 daughter, raised her mostly alone. Trying to quit smoking before this trip.

Last second edit:
- Also have a short trip for Oct 2-5 (For Dapper Day) booked,
- Just got hired for a music festival in town nov 6/7 so i'm looking at expanding it for a few days before and after in WDW while someone else is paying :)

Last edited:
I'm randi 23 no kids and would prefer those with no kids

I will be solo 2nd-6th of December
My budget is moderate I have mostly character meals planned.i don't mind following but I have a few characters in each park I want to meet and a general idea of what I wanna do for the day.

Hey guys, I'm Josephine, 25. Since I no longer have anyone to go to Disney with, I'm would love to have some friends to travel with since I do not like travelling solo, and spilting the room cost would leave more cash for extras! Like a girls trip would be fun!

A little about me, I'm pretty quiet when you first meet me but i'll warm up after a while I promise! I love reading, travelling and Netflix.

Travel style: Moderate
Finances: Budget/Moderare
Planned or laid back: Have a plan but flexible to changes
Morning or night: Both!
Fav park: Magic Kingdom
Leader/Follower: I a little of both, I like to plan but i can easily tag along as well, I'm pretty easy going

Rides and food are the most important to me, everything else is about equal.

I'll be at WDW from Aug 28 - Sept 5. It's a Father/daughter trip but we don't spend most of it together and I'll have a lot of solo time after the first couple days. My daughter hates World Showcase so wouldn't mind some others that want to explore it!

Last second edit:
Hi! My Dad decided to go with me on my solo trip this coming fall, so my trip will be a father/daughter trip too! He loved Disney just as much as I do, its great to be able to have trips like these. Have you been to dapper day before? This fall will be my first time going, i'm looking forward to it!

Hi! My Dad decided to go with me on my solo trip this coming fall, so my trip will be a father/daughter trip too! He loved Disney just as much as I do, its great to be able to have trips like these. Have you been to dapper day before? This fall will be my first time going, i'm looking forward to it!

I stumbled on Dapper Day last year and enjoyed it but this year is my first dress up and join in time.

Hey Michelle Here -

Fashion Makeup Artist Traveling to disney from London UK may 2016 with a 4 day cruise on the dream 16th may

taking my mother with me who is in need of some laughs and girl time after my dad passing two years ago want to bring some magic back :)

we are staying at POFQ and are doing the disney dining plan (temped to upgrade to plus)

would love some travel buddies

What is your travel style (slow, moderate, fast paced): Moderate.... love to spend days at parks and water parks but also can have fun at hotel taking in the pool and relaxing.

What are you trip finances like (budget, moderate, luxury): Moderate

Planned or laid back trip: I'm a laid back planner so will be booking ADRs but if things need to change im not going to stress about it :)

Morning or night person: Both love the rope drop but also love a late night extra magic hour and late dinners at signature spots

Favorite parks: ALL OF THEM hahahaha

Are you a leader or a follower (i.e. okay with someone else planning and you just tag along or vice verse): I'm a leader love to plan but as stated above very easy going a holiday is to be enjoyed by all so feel its important we all plan together :)

Rate these in importance (1 most important, 6 least important); Rides, food, tours, character experiences, shopping, down time:

1. Food (hahahaha)
2.rides
3.shopping
4.character experiences
5.down time
6.tours

Get in touch if your going to be around at the same time or would love to join us for park days, dinners or even our cruise :)

Thanks to all who met up with me last month! It was fun, and I hope you all enjoyed the rest of your trip.

After my July trip experience, I am slightly rearranging my list:

1. Character Experiences
2. Food
3. Rides
4. Tours
5. Downtime
6. Shopping

But I still like all six of these activities!

The change is that I moved downtime to just above shopping. I feel that Downtown Disney has added too many stores and has become overwhelming as a place to shop. I'd prefer it smaller. Also miss the nightclubs that used to be at Pleasure Island. My favorite was the comedy club, but I liked others also.

I am Cindy

age/kids/job-- 65 years old, one daughter and two granddaughters, accountant (CPA)

location-- California (south of Silicon Valley)

finances-- moderate (I have stayed at all the moderates and Pop Century)
plus I won DVC at SSR (and stayed at SSR, Contemporary, Beach Club, Boardwalk and Wilderness Lodge villas)

trip -- I plan (love doing it), but I am very flexible

morning/night person -- I don't usually get up early on my vacation, unless I have a breakfast reservations. But, I can do rope drop.
I can also stay out late at night, depending on what's happening.

favorite parks -- All of them!!!!!

leader/follower -- When I meet up with my brother & his family, I am a follower. I am very flexible when I go with other people.

favorites -- food
rides
character experiences
downtime
tours
shopping

When/where -- I am going this fall from August 29th to September 11th, staying at CSR (I used up all my DVC points) for the 2 weeks. I signed up for the Frozen Summer Fun Event. And, I have had some fun with dining and fast pass reservations!!

I'll be at Disney August 29-sept 2.

I'd love to meet up with someone for a quick bite! Obviously would love to chat first just to make that person feel more at ease!!

Hello everyone, looking at the forums and this one seemed pretty neat. I want to begin planning a solo trip for flower & Garden of 2016 or maybe October 2016 as I have always wanted to go to MNSSHP! Until than I was really looking for a Disney pal someone to share my love of Disney. Around where I live or people around my age are just not interested. Even when planning my vacation for my own family I'm still all by my lonesome. I would love to make a DIS friend and than eventually meet up. I also love US but never as much as Disney but they do have the WWOHP. So if anyone is planning a trip or wants to chat PM me.

A bit about you:

Name:Alexandra

What is your travel style (slow, moderate, fast paced): I can do both been there enough times where I can do a slower pace but I love trying to cram in as many rides and attractions as possible, would love to do a Disney ride challenge.

What are you trip finances like (budget, moderate, luxury): I typically rent DVC points and do deluxe for the price of value but I do wanna try to stay at every resort if possible.

Planned or laid back trip: Planning the trips for me is like 75% of the fun. I love to plan but everything can go out the window once I get down there.

Morning or night person: I love rope drop. And I don't really sleep cause it's Disney.

Favorite parks: AK,MK,EP,DHS in that order

Are you a leader or a follower (i.e. okay with someone else planning and you just tag along or vice verse): I like to think of my self as a leader but I'm begging for an experienced veteran or local to show me the ropes.
Rate these in importance (1 most important, 6 least important); Rides, food, tours, character experiences, shopping, down time: Rides-2, Food-1, Tours5, Characters-3, Shopping-4, Downtime-6

What time of year do you most like to travel: normally we go in January, February. I would love to go during October.

Hi! I'm looking for a traveling buddy or two, I'll be at WDW from August 26 - August 31. A little about me: I'm 37, athletic, I have too many hobbies (flying, business, fitness, hiking, beaches, computers, learning spanish, etc.) I'm a bit of an introvert, but I've gotten good at taming it.

What is your travel style: Moderate
What are you trip finances like: Shooting for moderate, but will go luxury for the right experience
Planned or laid back trip: 50/50
Morning or night person: Definitely a night person, but I can be flexible
Favorite parks: Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom
Are you a leader or a follower: A bit more of the former, but I'm completely fine with being a follower.
Rate these in importance (1 most important, 6 least important); Rides, food, tours, character experiences, shopping, down time:

1. Rides
2. Character Experiences
3. Food
4. Down Time
5. Shopping
6. Tours​

I'm also good at getting the most out of the FastPass+ system.

Hi everyone, this looks like it might be fun. I have traveled alone but I wind up just walking around the parks enjoying the atmosphere because it just isn't as much fun going on rides alone. I am 61 but when it comes to WDW I am permanently 6.
I usually travel with my grandson but he is in school and I want to get down to see the Christmas lights.
I am planning on going to the Food & Wine festival but I will be with my son who is a chef and about to be discharged from the Army. He is going to be looking for a job and apartment so I will be busy.
I do have a trip planned for myself from Dec 1-9. I am a DVC member so right now my plans are to attend the DVC Members Merry Mixer, a free party for DVC members on both the 1st and 8th. I can bring friends so if someone wants to check it out let me know. I also plan on seeing Neil Patrick Harris on the 2nd and 3rd, and Whoopie Goldberg on the 4th and 5th. Not sure when but I usually go when I want but if I meet up with someone we can enjoy the day and plan better. The rest of my trip will be going where I want whenever. I want to take a drive to Siesta Key one day and find some shells etc, but again, I will plan depending on the weather.
I will have my car so I can check out the outlets and go where and when I want without having to wait for the busses.

Hello, I am Rach from VA. I have no kids just my Oliver :).

I am currently planning a trip for Oct 2016. I have no one to travel with really and would like to even meet up with some disers possibly on my trip :)

What is your travel style (slow, moderate, fast paced): Moderate

What are you trip finances like (budget, moderate, luxury): budget/moderate

Planned or laid back trip: I am a little in the middle, I like to plan some things but not over plan.

Morning or night person: I tend to be a morning person, I am usually in bed by 10 xD But for vacation I am an anytime person :p

Favorite parks: EPCOT

Are you a leader or a follower (i.e. okay with someone else planning and you just tag along or vice verse): Probably a little more on the leader side

1. Character Experience/Rides/Food
2.Shopping
3.Tours
4.Downtime

Name: Kathryn
Age/Kids/Job: 24. No kids, not married, 1 dachshund mix named Charlie. Part of a management program with Nestle, currently a Supervisor at the Hot-pockets Factory.
Where/When I want to go: Doing WDW September 14-17
What is your travel style (slow, moderate, fast paced): Moderate, I've been enough times that I've learned to slow down and take more time to relax. I typically sleep in but then go until closing.
What are you trip finances like (budget, moderate, luxury): I usually stay at moderate resorts, but I can swing Deluxe if I'm with someone. Staying at Old Key West this time around.
Planned or laid back trip: I plan a few things, like what parks which day; dining/fast-pass/etc. I might plan more if there are key experiences I don’t want to miss.
Morning or night person: Night person definitely! Getting up early has never been my forte and the less sleep I get the less fun I am.
Favorite parks: Epcot and Animal Kingdom. As an engineer I can't help but love Epcot and Animal Kingdom has the best atmosphere (music/dining/animals/etc,)
Are you a leader or a follower (i.e. okay with someone else planning and you just tag along or vice verse): I'm usually the leader, I'm fine letting someone else plan though as long as I have some input.
1. Rides
2. Food
3. Character Experiences
4. Down time
5. Shopping
6. Tours

What time of year do you most like to travel: January/February; crowds, prices, and temperatures are all low. I'll happily go anytime other than the middle of summer though :)

I’m glad to see a thread like this, when I try to talk friends or family “My Kids” into going…. they act like I’m asking them to go on that real mission to Mars ….. not the one at Epcot

Name: Randy

What is your travel style (slow, moderate, fast paced): Slow to slower…what’s the hurry? Unless I need to get to an ADR or FP

What are you trip finances like (budget, moderate, luxury): Mostly PORS or FQ, sometimes POP or ASM for rooms…I’m up for anything when it comes to meals, when your not picking up the tab for a family of 4 the prices don’t seem so high anymore

Planned or laid back trip: I tend to over plan not knowing who might go with me, but the last couple times went by myself …so I just focus on ADR’s and what bands are playing at Epcot

Morning or night person: Anytime

Favorite parks: MK and Epcot is where I spend most of my time now, AK when it’s not too hot

Are you a leader or a follower (i.e. okay with someone else planning and you just tag along or vice verse): I’ve been there a lot, so I think being a follower would offer a new perspective on DisneyWorld

1- Just being there!
2- Any live show’s, music, parades, character meets and fireworks
3- FOOD
4- Some rides
5- Anything New
6- Downtime and shopping ???? …. I think these would be pretty far down on my list

What time of year do you most like to travel: Have always gone in March-May or October with the family and “XDW” …a new abbreviation for here... but one I think may fit this thread and others in “Adults and Solo Travelers” forum

As a PH in Florida I can go almost anytime now. I’m planning on more trips but shorter time periods.. mostly 3-4 day weekend and holiday events.

I love the idea of meeting other members for an ADR or 2. I met a few members on my last couple trips in the last year, it would be nice to meet up with members for going to the parks and rides…I haven’t done Splash Mountain since 2001…and haven’t done Space Mountain yet..that’s my shameful secret

I have 2 trips planned for October listed on the singles/solos F&W 2015 roll call thread , but plan on a trip in December for the Christmas vibe and maybe as soon as September just because…anyone interested in park hopping or meals …please send me a message.

I am 38 and going to be spending alot of time in Disney World starting in October would love to meetup with new friends for drinks and maybe a meal.

Name: Kimberly
Age/Kids/Job: 27. No kids, not married. College student in Graduate School.
Where/When I want to go: Doing WDW August 28th-31st.
What is your travel style (slow, moderate, fast paced): Moderate. Been to disney only once and that was solo.
What are you trip finances like (budget, moderate, luxury): Will be doing deluxe for the first time. Never stayed on Disney property before.
Planned or laid back trip: I plan my dining reservations. :)
Morning or night person: I am a night owl, but in Disney I do get up early!
Favorite parks: I've only been to Magic Kingdom and I can't wait to visit the other parks.
Are you a leader or a follower: I mostly follow.
1. Character experience
2. Food
3. Rides
4. Down time
5. Shopping
6. Tours

I have dining reservations at Be Our Guest, The Royal Table, Ohana and Tusker House.

What time of year do you most like to travel: May, November and December

I'm planning on going in November as well.

Last edited:

42 (look 30), 1 daughter, raised her mostly alone. Trying to quit smoking before this trip.

Last second edit:
- Just got hired for a music festival in town nov 6/7 so i'm looking at expanding it for a few days before and after in WDW while someone else is paying :)

I'll be there during that time. Maybe I can meet up with you guys. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter