Friends seeking travel friends thread!

well over an hour away from WDW - closer to Orlando - but close enough to visit WDW often, yet far enough away to kept the madness at bay.

moving from Homewood to Tavares hopefully in the next month or two - my closing in June 1

i own DVC to go to WDW.

Gotcha! I want to start out close to the parks for awhile at least. I've been in Birmingham 17 years and have lived all over the city. Currently in Trussville. Excited for a change of pace.

Wow! This is so exciting and I'm glad I found this thread! I too am relatively newly (I'm sure that's not correct grammar but you get what I'm sayin') divorced and the thing I fought hardest for in my divorce was my DVC! Anyway, I love Disney as well, all things Disney! It's truly the only place that I feel happiest. So, with that being said, I hope I'm not too late to the party but I do sometimes do solo trips so I think this thread is awesome!

Name: Amy-Jo

Age/Kids/Job: 44 - no kiddos, only the furry kind and she's the cutest Chihuahua ever - I'm the VP of Sales/Marketing for a medical device/laboratory equipment manufacturer

Where/When I want to go: Though I do travel a lot for my job, it's few and far between that I get to see much more than a conference center or customer site so when traveling for pleasure, my most favorite place is of course WDW followed by anywhere there is water!

What is your travel style (slow, moderate, fast paced): I'm pretty flexible with my style - I can keep up with the best of them and also spend a day lounging by the pool and reading.

What are you trip finances like (budget, moderate, luxury): Well since I own the DVC and the Animal Kingdom is my home resort, my lodging is much the deluxe resorts but hey, it's more about the quality of the trip then the threadcount for me. LOL

Planned or laid back trip: I like to plan - but I plan a laid back trip if that makes sense. It really depends on who I'm with and what the purpose of the trip is. I took my entire family a couple years ago and it was really everyone's first WDW trip so I planned and did spreadsheets and made a monthly newsletter for them, etc.

Morning or night person: I prefer a slower start with a break in the afternoon and staying up and out later.

My favorite WDW parks are : Magic Kingdom and Epcot for sure

Are you a leader or a follower (i.e. okay with someone else planning and you just tag along or vice verse): I can be either!

Rate these in importance (1 most important, 6 least important); Rides, food, tours, character experiences, shopping, down time:
1. Rides
2. Shopping
3. Food
4. Downtime
5. Tours (I do have a trip coming up in Sept. and I'm taking my MOm - I booked the Behind the Magic Tour - so so so excited for that!)
6. Character Experiences

What time of year do you most like to travel: I definitely prefer Sept/Oct time frame when it's less crowded and the kids are back to school. Not a chance I'll go in the July/August timeframe though, way to hot and crowded.

Gotcha! I want to start out close to the parks for awhile at least. I've been in Birmingham 17 years and have lived all over the city. Currently in Trussville. Excited for a change of pace.

boy you are brave - the farthest that I have lived in 23 miles away in Pelham - otherwise Homewood, Vestavia and a few years on Southside in birmingham.

boy you are brave - the farthest that I have lived in 23 miles away in Pelham - otherwise Homewood, Vestavia and a few years on Southside in birmingham.

Ha...I've lived in Homewood, Vestavia, Hoover, out 280 at 119 and now here. I work in Mtn Brook so I'm close to work. It's quiet out here and I rarely have to deal with any traffic, so it's not too bad!

NYC here I'd love me some travel buddies - wanna go to Hawaii, Alaska, and Europe! Lets travel the world!

not me- really hate air travel these days - and in the 70's and 80's loved it - now if I can't meet the pilot (and you generally can't) - then I will drive.

Last edited:
Ha...I've lived in Homewood, Vestavia, Hoover, out 280 at 119 and now here. I work in Mtn Brook so I'm close to work. It's quiet out here and I rarely have to deal with any traffic, so it's not too bad!

so we are until I move to Florida - almost neighbors.

I LOVE this idea!!! I don't know why people assume when you're single, you MUST be constantly on the lookout for a husband...sometimes you just want to meet cool people with similar interests! So this thread is wonderful :) I usually travel the World with my family (parents and adult younger sister!!) but in recent years it's been harder to get everyone's schedules together for a Disney vacation, so I've begun going solo; this Fall will be my 3rd solo trip :)

1. Name: Joanna (or Jo...or J)

Age/Kids/Job: 32/currently single, no kids (unless you count doggies, which I do)/freelance writer/editor

Where/When I want to go: I love to travel...as in, I will go anywhere in the world if the opportunity arises; I'm kind of addicted :p I love anywhere with a beach and crystal clear water, but Europe/UK travel is amazing as well, with my annual Disney trips sprinkled in, of course!

What is your travel style (slow, moderate, fast paced): It depends on where I am: tropical vacations I can happily spend my entire trip at the resort soaking in the sun, but city trips, I'm constantly on the go, trying to fit in as much as I can. Disney can go either way: when I'm with my family, we're Park Commandoes, running from ride to ride. When I go solo, I force myself to slow down and do things I otherwise miss.

What are your trip finances like (budget, moderate, luxury): I'm definitely a Deluxe girl (self-appointed Hotel Snob and not ashamed!) but I do love POFQ. I'm still trying to decide if I can give up EMH to stay at the Four Seasons at some point!

Planned or laid back trip: I used to love a laid back, less-planned trip, but with FP+, I'm finding that harder to do :(

Morning or night person: I'm definitely a night owl...evening EMH is my favorite, and I always stay until the end, even if it's a 3am night! But recently I've tried out earlier mornings, and I kind of like it! Not the waking up part ;) but I do like getting to the Parks early and enjoying the lighter crowds!

My favorite WDW parks are : Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom

Are you a leader or a follower (i.e. okay with someone else planning and you just tag along or vice verse): Either way I'm good!

Rate these in importance (1 most important, 6 least important); Rides, food, tours, character experiences, shopping, down time:
    1. Rides
    2. Food
    3. Shopping
    4. Downtime
    5. Tours (never actually done one, but this Fall I might try one out!
    6. Character Experiences (I only do these if the people I'm with insist...I've always found them a bit awkward!)

What time of year do you most like to travel: HALLOWEEN!!! It's my favorite holiday (seriously) and I had so much fun at WDW a few years ago that time of year, I'm doing it again this year!! :)

NYC here I'd love me some travel buddies - wanna go to Hawaii, Alaska, and Europe! Lets travel the world!
Yes, yes, and yes!!!! If I won the lottery today, I would move to Hawaii tomorrow. It's that amazing. I would love to see Alaska someday!

Hi everyone!

Would like to meet people at Disney on my trips...

I am Judique.

I am over 60 but not too far yet. I have 3 kids all adults that would like to go with me but work is always in their way. I still work but have lots of vacation time.

Going in Oct 29-Nov 7 for food and wine and will be at BCV and BWV.

Have been to Disney every month of the year except Sept

I like to wander around, ride when I feel like it and I never have a real schedule.
I like to eat wherever I feel like at the time - will do anywhere from Narcoosees steak and lobster to an order of breadsticks at Pizzafari. But must have a coffee in the morning .....!

Like to enjoy the Eat to the Beat concerts at Epcot during Food and Wine. Mostly enjoy the shows - not much into the thrill rides - my fastpasses are usually for the jungle cruise or buzz - may do a tour if I have company.

Like to get a glass of wine or a grand marnier slushie

Love some things in all the parks

For you guys that are married or have significant others, do you travel without them? My DH loves Disney, but he has less vacation than me. I feel like if I broach the subject to go alone, he'd be very bummed.

Fun thread.:)

And yes, I agree as well that is nice to meet others who enjoy all things DISney.
Me?
I am going to be at DISneyland, Universal Studios & Catalina Island in mid September :yay:
so should anyone out there see me, I would love a friendly shout out or two (yes, I have no issue saying 'Hi' even with me on the move constantly) as I plan on being in the parks for most of the time I am there.

T.T.F.N.
&
CHEERS Y'ALL

Hello Maranda!! You're not too far from me, I live in Toledo Ohio!

Sweet! I'm actually originally for northeastern Indiana, a couple miles from the state line. When I was a kid we always did everything in Ohio since it was so much closer than the nearest in-state town. Most of my family has moved down here, except one of my brothers who lives in Cleveland. Before I moved to Indy I worked for a health care company in Lima.

I just came across this thread and am glad I did. I haven't been to Disney for 2 years and would love to go, but sadly no one wants to go with me. My kids are 15 and 20 and are no longer interested (where did I go wrong)? Hubby says its not his thing, so for a couple years now (every other year) my sister who is a teacher has been meeting me in Orlando. We have typically traveled over labor day weekend, and stayed onsite. Her daughter had a baby a year ago, and now her vacation time has a new priority. :-( Now contemplating a solo trip but wonder how much fun it will be alone. I lived in No. California for 20 years and went to Disneyland annually, including a few solo trips. Since moving to the mid-west 17 years ago, and I have gone to Disney world, approx. 10 times and have stayed at the Poly, AKL Jambo and Kidani, AOA, POR, and OKW plus a few off-site locations. Love, staying on-site and my dream is to stay at GF.

Is that a beagle in your profile pic?

Sweet! I'm actually originally for northeastern Indiana, a couple miles from the state line. When I was a kid we always did everything in Ohio since it was so much closer than the nearest in-state town. Most of my family has moved down here, except one of my brothers who lives in Cleveland. Before I moved to Indy I worked for a health care company in Lima.

The world is really small! We need some regional Dis meets around here!

Hi - Seeking partners for travels and adventures sounds like fun!

A bit about you:
I'm an attorney in Virginia, but was born and raised in PA and spent a number of years in FL. I'm single, have two fellow-Disney parks loving sons and am a DVC owner.

What is your travel style (slow, moderate, fast paced):
All three? I've taken each approach and love each one for different reasons. I enjoy family trips, as well as solo.

What are your trip finances like (budget, moderate, luxury):
As a DVC member I usually go that route when traveling with the kids (more bang for my vacation point) and when going solo, unless I can get a good discount, I'm value and moderate resorts all the way. Food wise, I actually like counter service, but will have a nice meal or two at Sanaa when I can.

Planned or laid back trip:
Love planning, but sometimes play it by ear too.

Morning or night person:
Both.

Favorite parks:
DHS

Are you a leader or a follower:
I like setting the pace, and am used to it, but could be open to taking a back seat.

Rate these in importance (1 most important, 6 least important);
1. rides
2. food
3. tours
4. down time
5. shopping
6. character experiences

Favorite time of year to travel:
Whenever :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter