• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Friends of Dorothy Sept 17, 2006

We have DVC...we are cruising on points. Finally did some packing tonight, guess that means I'm going on vacation. Can't find the snorkel stuff though, dunno where it went after the last cruise. Oh well! We have goggles but no air tube, bummer. Many things to do before we go!

There is an entire thread on this board about fellow DVC members. We own at OKW, Saratoga, and VB.

We have some serious packing to do in the next two days. We are heading down Friday after work and staying two nights at OKW before the cruise. After all of this waiting I can't believe we are only a few days away! Looking forward to meeting everyone!

OK I am way too cheap on my points to stay at DVC on a Friday. I would do it if I were there the whole weekend, or a week (we are doing Thu-Sun at OKW when we come back). I'm staying at All Star for $60. I figure that is equivalent to 6 or so points vs whatever they want for a Friday. It's just for sleeping anyway. We will be in Cocoa on Saturday night. I don't want to drive Sun AM...

Donald where are your pups going while you're gone? Ours are in PA. The house is very quiet...and I can take a shortcut into the kitchen that is normally blocked... :) there is no one to talk to when I get home...it's very different!

The pugs go back to the breeder where we got them. They LOVE it there. The breeders only pug-sit for the dogs that they bred. They live on a big farm in New Hampshire so the boys spend tons of time outside running around. Their mom and dad and some of their brothers and sisters are there for them to play with (they have 12 pugs).

Hey Donald, I love your pugs! I also come down to Newburyport for work once in a while. And I have a pug and live in New Hampshire. So this must be 6 degrees of seperation!

rcostello1 said:
We have a pug-chihuahua (and a chihuahua).

How cute, I have never seen a Chug! Puggles can be cute too. Chi was on my short list when I decided to get a comapnion dog, but my pug came up at the SPCA first and he is the king here, for sure.

Love the Dogs. Our baby is going to the vet. She boards dog's on the side and I figure that she will be able to take care of any problem that comes up.

OK I so am ready to go. Bill and I are flying out tomorrow and going to his aunt's house in Orlando. Then Sunday she will drive us to the port. I can't wait to meet everyone. It's going to be a great trip. Is anyone going to WDW after the cruise?? We are staying at AKL till Sunday when we get back.

Tomorrow morning we take our baby (Fantasia) to the puppy spa on the way to the Columbus airport. We should be in sunny Orlando by 2:30pm.

Can't wait to meet you all.

Dan

We are flying out Saturday and staying at the Residence Inn by the port. After we return we are staying at the Beach Club until Sunday. We are really looking forward to meeting everyone and seeing those we know again.

Donna

well Like Everyone Else......am Counting Down The Days....mints.....hrs....lol.....oh Just Counting...lol...so Looking Forward To Meeting Everyone.....dont Live That Far From The Port So Will Be Dropped Off SUNDAY In The Morning...friend Is Taking Me There....so I Dont Have To Pay To Park....gets Costly When The Trip Is This Long....so Hope All Have A Safe Trip In And See You Soon....p.s. If Your Flying In...orlando Area Is Having Storms Every Afternoon....just A Heads Up On That One....be Safe.....woof​
:mickeyjum :donald: :ccat: :tigger: :sulley: :goofy: :figment: :simba: :stitch:

Hey Nordkin we are also at the Residence Inn...hmm did you bring a laptop to send DIS messages??? :) We are here...

What time should we be at the port? I'm planning to return the car to Avis by 10am and we can take their shuttle. Hmm, maybe I should get to Avis a little earlier, never know how busy their shuttle will be. Haven't used them since they moved to a new location (reading DCL Tribute website)...going to investigate in a bit.

Hmm, maybe if I call the front desk and ask for Nordkin.......... :) hehehe

We stayed in the Residence Inn in June, used Avis, turned the car in at 1pm and got on the ship at 1:15 or so, no wait, 2 shuttles. Same after the cruise, we were on the first shuttle to Avis, got there at 8am or so.

We got back home today and had a wonderful time. It was so nice to meet some of you and start new friendships.

Greetings...all....just A Quick Note To Say Hello To Those That I/we Met (meaning Bill And Myself)......it Was A Great Trip And Now I Know Why Everyone Loves The Disney Cruises What A Blast....as For Bill's Fall....(yes His Hip Is Fractured) No There Is No Surgery Needed Just 6 To 8 Wks On Crutches...hurray.....but All Else Is Fine....hope Everyone Made It Home Safe...and Lets All Keep In Touch.....hugs To All...woof...(travis)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter