Friends & Family Discount for Orange Lake Resort, Holiday Inn, Crowne Plaza, and More

Thanks so much for this!! I needed a hotel for the night we arrive in Orlando since our villa is booked only for the next day (we decided to go one day earlier to get a better flight). Thanks to you, I found a room for us for $60 which I think is a great deal (and we get a hot breakfast buffet too!)

Thanks again!!
Lynne

I am so glad that you found this too! :) Just FYI for anyone staying at Holiday Inn Express, most of our hotels will start having a pancake machine by the end of the month, so now you can have pancakes as part of the hot breakfast too! They are delicious...I was lucky enough to be a tester. :love:

Hi Shelby, Thanks again for posting this! We have used this 4 or 5 times now, and love it! We usually use Hilton hotel chains because I can get some deep discounts from them, but I have to say, as of late, they have all been Holiday Inn related! We just spent a night at the Staybridge Suites in Markham for $70.00 and loved it, and they even upgraded our room. This was on our way to Florida 3 weeks ago. Thanks so much. I am hoping this is still here when I plan my vacation this summer!

Hi Shelby, Thanks again for posting this! We have used this 4 or 5 times now, and love it! We usually use Hilton hotel chains because I can get some deep discounts from them, but I have to say, as of late, they have all been Holiday Inn related! We just spent a night at the Staybridge Suites in Markham for $70.00 and loved it, and they even upgraded our room. This was on our way to Florida 3 weeks ago. Thanks so much. I am hoping this is still here when I plan my vacation this summer!

I am so glad that this promotion is creating IHG fans and that you are getting such great deals! :goodvibes That is awesome that the Staybridge Suites upgraded you! With the vacation season starting, I hope a lot of people end up finding some great deals with our properties and get away for a few days or more...I can't be the only one that is ready for a vacation! :cool2:

Thanks again for the link! My parents who were staying at a Holiday Inn resort with an RCI trade (Orange Lake West) needed a hotel for an extra night in Orlando, and I recommended using this link and booking the downtown Disney Holiday Inn and getting a balcony room with a downtown disney view. With the link they got a rate of $101 rather than $159 and are delighted with the room and location.

Thanks again for the link! My parents who were staying at a Holiday Inn resort with an RCI trade (Orange Lake West) needed a hotel for an extra night in Orlando, and I recommended using this link and booking the downtown Disney Holiday Inn and getting a balcony room with a downtown disney view. With the link they got a rate of $101 rather than $159 and are delighted with the room and location.

Yay! That is a great deal! I hope they loved the Downtown Disney Holiday Inn! It is definitely one of my favorites. It is such a trendy looking hotel!

Shelby, Do you know if I can use the FF discount on a reservation I've already made? Maybe I could print out the voucher and take it at check in?

Shelby, Do you know if I can use the FF discount on a reservation I've already made? Maybe I could print out the voucher and take it at check in?

Try booking a reservation using my link to see if it is any cheaper...if it is, and your current reservation is refundable (some discounts are prepaid only but most rates allow you to cancel by 6 p.m. the day of arrival) then just cancel the old reservation and go with the Friends and Family rate. The rate is based on availability and is only offered through the reservation system, not through the front desk so you have to book it beforehand.

If the rates are the same though...take the regular rate and use your Priority Club Card since rewards are not earned with FF rates. Much better deal for you in the end...plus those points never expire and aren't just for hotel stays! :thumbsup2

How far in advance do I need to make a friends and family reservation? Since it is non-refundable, I would like to wait until the last possible time to book.

Thanks for sharing this incredible rate!

Shelby thanks so much - My daughter is a JR and we are doing many college visits and this discount is saving us alot.. Just booked Keene, NH for less then $70 a night..

How far in advance do I need to make a friends and family reservation? Since it is non-refundable, I would like to wait until the last possible time to book.

Thanks for sharing this incredible rate!

You can usually only book it up to 90 days out. But, you can wait until the day of the reservation, but I would go for a week or two in advance as the closer you get to the date of arrival, the more likely the discount may be closed out. It all depends. So, I would book when you feel comfortable. Again, if the regular rates are the same, go for that over the Friends and Family so that you can get Priority Club points. They never expire so you will be rewarded at some point. :cool1:

It is great that you are all finding deals out there with the discount code! :thumbsup2

Just a quick thank you for making the FF link available. We used it at the Holiday Inn at Clearwater Beach and saved a lot at a beautiful hotel that was close to the beach. Its great that you can share this opportunity with all of us!

Just wondering, for those of you that have stayed with Shelby's discount, were you asked for the rate voucher? And more importantly did anyone ever ask how you know Shelby? Thanks!

Just wondering, for those of you that have stayed with Shelby's discount, were you asked for the rate voucher? And more importantly did anyone ever ask how you know Shelby? Thanks!

No and no (I don't think they really care ;)).

Just make up a really fun story if they ask...but they know the deal. I have yet to hear of anyone having to turn in a voucher. Sometimes I have to book the Friends and Family rate because the Employee Discount isn't available and even then I have never needed a voucher. :( If they ask for one and you don't happen to have one, just tell them you will get it to them when you unpack and then just print one out at the hotel business center. No one seems to care about it.

Shelby thanks so much - My daughter is a JR and we are doing many college visits and this discount is saving us alot.. Just booked Keene, NH for less then $70 a night..

WE had a GREAT stay once we located the hotel (the road the GPS told us to take was closed down at one end LOL) only thing bad was the pool was closed for renovations and I didn't see that listed on the web site.. I am off to book our summer vacation now by Six Flags New England.. Thanks again for sharing this with us.. Michelle

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter