Friends and Family Discount

Is it possible for you to tell me what is available December 14th and 15th?
I'm (not so) patiently waiting to hear back from our family member who of supposed to be checking for us. I know she's busy, so I don't want to pester her, but I'm anxiously awaiting so we can finalize our plans for our upcoming trip. :)
We're hoping for a standard room at one of the monorail resorts or AKL, but we're a family of five (three kids ages 7-11) so our next choices would be POR or AoA.

Is it possible for you to tell me what is available December 14th and 15th? I'm (not so) patiently waiting to hear back from our family member who of supposed to be checking for us. I know she's busy, so I don't want to pester her, but I'm anxiously awaiting so we can finalize our plans for our upcoming trip. :) We're hoping for a standard room at one of the monorail resorts or AKL, but we're a family of five (three kids ages 7-11) so our next choices would be POR or AoA.

CMs here are trying to be helpful, but don't really want to cross the line with the information. The actual reservation stuff needs to go through the participating CM.

Enjoy your trip

CMs here are trying to be helpful, but don't really want to cross the line with the information. The actual reservation stuff needs to go through the participating CM.

Enjoy your trip

Have to agree with this. There is only so much information that can be given here. You will need to have the cast member check for you. Another thing, I am pretty sure standard rooms at AKL only hold 4 people.

The reservation will go through the CM, I'm just still waiting on her to get a chance to call. I noticed some others were getting a response so I thought I'd ask too. No biggie.

And I know the standard rooms at AKL only hold four, but standard rooms at the other resorts I asked her to check hold five. If we got to AKL we'd probably end up in a one-bedroom, but I don't know if the discount is available for those.

The reservation will go through the CM, I'm just still waiting on her to get a chance to call. I noticed some others were getting a response so I thought I'd ask too. No biggie. And I know the standard rooms at AKL only hold four, but standard rooms at the other resorts I asked her to check hold five. If we got to AKL we'd probably end up in a one-bedroom, but I don't know if the discount is available for those.

We try to be helpful with the general stuff, but as far as checking availability I've only seen polite declines. The 1 beds aren't excluded it would just be based off of what's available at the time.

DxDP was not available for our November trip. Just the QS and DDP. We keep our DxDP!

With the 40% discount you can get a full price DXDP but I've never seen it offered at a discount.

Ha! I think this was wishful thinking on my part.

I have to think if I would take the DDP at $47 and $17 if offered. We're only going to 1 buffet and few CS. The bulk of our meals are regular TS meals. Not sure regular DDP will help.

Also, can someone post an alert here if they see a 50% discount for January? TIA!

How far in advance does the CM need to go to the resort? I dont know why but I suddenly got a worried feeling that he may not go. Is there a way to know if the CM has gone to the resort?

How far in advance does the CM need to go to the resort? I dont know why but I suddenly got a worried feeling that he may not go. Is there a way to know if the CM has gone to the resort?

They can either fax or show their ID within 10 days of your arrival. I am not sure how you can find out if they have done it. I suppose you could try and call the resort directly, but most calls to the resort do not even go to the resort. You could send a gentle reminder to the cast member to make sure they present their ID so you don't get stuck paying rack rate!

No, they don't have to go early. I stayed at the WL in Sept. and got my friend a room, I
did have to be there when she checked in to show my ID. Just make sure the CM is with you when you check in, or else they will have to present their ID before.

Thank you for the help! I received a text from my friend telling me we are all set! He said he was able to take care of both resorts in one trip- He didnt have to go to each separately!

This might be a stupid question, but our friend's daughter booked our 2 rooms with her 40% off friends and family discount...I'm reading here that she needs to present her ID at the front desk of WL (where we are staying) 10 days prior to check in? She is a college program CM so is not currently in FL. Is this going to work any other way or do I need to cancel and re-book with a general public discount? I don't want to get stuck paying rack rate obviously! This is making me nervous!

Also, on our reservation confirmation, it reads "Disney's other guest bedroom 40% off discount"--is this correct since CM friend will not be staying with us? or should it read Friends and Family Discount? I'm so nervous that something will be wrong with the reservation and we will have to pay rack rate!

This might be a stupid question, but our friend's daughter booked our 2 rooms with her 40% off friends and family discount...I'm reading here that she needs to present her ID at the front desk of WL (where we are staying) 10 days prior to check in? She is a college program CM so is not currently in FL. Is this going to work any other way or do I need to cancel and re-book with a general public discount? I don't want to get stuck paying rack rate obviously! This is making me nervous!

She just has to fax both front and back of her ID to the resort and you should be all set. Make sure it is done within the 10 day time period.

Also, on our reservation confirmation, it reads "Disney's other guest bedroom 40% off discount"--is this correct since CM friend will not be staying with us? or should it read Friends and Family Discount? I'm so nervous that something will be wrong with the reservation and we will have to pay rack rate!

The wording is correct. It is considered an other guest room.

Does anyone know if higher room discounts (50%) for friend/family staying without CM have been extended into January? Last 3 times I've called they were still only through December.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter