Friends and Family Calling Us Stupid

I♥THEMOUSE

Earning My Ears
DD and I are taking our FIRST trip to WDW in February. I've had several people tell me we will be wasting our money because neither one of us are thrill riders. We won't do any coasters, in fact, the "scariest" thing we will do is Pirates of the Caribbean, and that is only because my DD LOVES that movie.

From what I can tell from the guidebooks I've read, WDW offers LOTS to do even though we aren't into coasters. Am I wrong?

WDW is not a "thrill ride" park.

There will be plenty to do without doing thrill rides.

We are so not thrill riders and we go to WDW at least twice a year. There is SO much more to do there then just rides. We love all the shows, the parades and the nighttime fireworks. We explore all the resorts, love the restaurants and spend alot of time in Downtown Disney. There are alot of tame rides also.

Go and have a wonderful time and do not listen to other people telling you you are wasting your time.

Linda

You'll have a blast. :)

If you enjoy POC at all though, I encourage you to try things called "easy thrillers" by Tour Guide Mike: Soarin', Test Track, Star Tours, and the like.

I used to be petrified of anything beyond a dark ride, but I found a great deal of satisfaction in these rides (especially Soarin' and TT), primarily because they are beautifully well-done and very fun rides, but also because I enjoyed them despite my initial fears. :love:

Actually, the stupid ones are those who see WDW parks as thrill parks....have no idea how they can come to that conclusion. Universal; yes.
Disney; no.:cool2:

They're really calling you "stupid" because you're going to WDW??

The nerve of some people. :sad2:

Go, have a GREAT time and don't worry about the opinions of others.

They're really calling you "stupid" because you're going to WDW??

The nerve of some people. :sad2:

Go, have a GREAT time and don't worry about the opinions of others.

My brother called me stupid for spending that much $$$ on a vacation when we don't ride coasters. Of course this is the same guy who thinks Six Flags is the greatest theme park on earth. :rolleyes: And he didn't bother to look over any of the information I had about WDW so he really has no idea what he's talking about.

I know we aren't wasting our money and I know we are going to have a fabulous time. He's just jealous because he isn't going. :rotfl:

Sounds like maybe others telling you your stupid have been bitten by the green eyed monster. WDW is a wonderful magical place even if you don't ride the thrill rides. It's a place families can be together. You go and be captured by the magic.

I♥THEMOUSE;22280474 said:
DD and I are taking our FIRST trip to WDW in February. I've had several people tell me we will be wasting our money because neither one of us are thrill riders. We won't do any coasters, in fact, the "scariest" thing we will do is Pirates of the Caribbean, and that is only because my DD LOVES that movie.

From what I can tell from the guidebooks I've read, WDW offers LOTS to do even though we aren't into coasters. Am I wrong?

I love WDW because I can ride "most" rides with my family. I'm not a coaster or fan of high heights. MPO is when someone says WDW is a waste of money is because they don't know how to have fun.

I don't do coasters either, but I do ride Space Mountain, Big Thunder MRR and I got up the nerve to try EE last time and I LOVE it. Never done Rockin' Rollercoaster or Tower of Terror but we leave in 5 days and I'm thinking about it! BTW, DS 16 and I both agree that Splash Mountain is harder on the tummy than all except TT.

Well.. really.. thats a dumb thing to even say. Out of the 4 parks, there are only 3 coasters total. Expedition Everest in AK, Space Mtn, and Big Thunder Mtn, and Big Thunder really doesnt have big hills.. well, really, Space doesnt either. Its not like you are going to a place like Cedar Point in Ohio, where they have 10 coasters, 300 ft hills, and top speeds..

Anyone going to Disney to ride coasters and thrill rides will be a little disappointed. hahaha

There is sooo much to do and see at the Disney parks, that you will absolutely love it. We now go 3 times a year. We just cant get enough! :yay:

How about some of these "non-thrill" attractions:

World Showcase & all the countries' specifics
The resorts and their lobbies/pools/restaurants
Illuminations
Wishes
Fantasmic
SpectroMagic
Mickey's Philharmagic
Pins, pins, pins {Sorry, had to throw that one in there as I'm a huge pin dork.}
Downtown Disney
Disney Quest if you're into video games & virtual games

And as my wife said to me when I mentioned this thread, 80% of the rides & attractions we don't consider "thrill rides".

Any way, you'll have a blast. And I'm sure others here will add to my list of "non-thrill" rides.

Oh my gosh...I can't believe they called you stupid for going to Disney when you don't like to go on thrill rides. Don't listen to them. You will have plenty to do...I don't like a lot of the thrill rides either and either does my daughter and there's plenty to go on and do. That's why I love Disney so much...there is something for everyone - all kinds of rides, shows, etc...You will have a blast so don't worry!

Thanks everyone. Since I've never been, and you can only get a glimpse of the parks from the guidebooks, I didn't know what we could expect.

I'm certain we are going to have a GREAT time. :goodvibes

I♥THEMOUSE;22280474 said:

First of all don't listen to what those people have to say and secondly they have no idea what they are talking about. I am not a thrill rider and we go to Disney every year. Sometimes twice a year. There is a lot for you and your DD to do. You will have a blast and let us know how you made out. Have a great trip. :cool1:

I♥THEMOUSE;22281012 said:
Thanks everyone. Since I've never been, and you can only get a glimpse of the parks from the guidebooks, I didn't know what we could expect.

I'm certain we are going to have a GREAT time. :goodvibes

You certainly are!!! :yay:

I'm so glad you had the sense to ask people who know...
rather than let his silly comment worm away at you!

A trip to Disney is never a waste! Not at any age!
You will be amazed how much there is to see and do!
Why even if you skipped all the "rides"
with all the movies, shows, characters, stores, restaurants,
there is much much more than you can see in any one trip!
And don't forget you'll get to experience "The Disney Magic"!!

You will love it, and make many irreplacable memories with your daughter!

Don't miss doing one of the Princess character meals!!

It's just five weeks until the Mad Chatter's meet! Be sure to wave if you see strange ladies with matching T's and tiaras!

There is so much to do that is not scary or a thrill ride. I took my son when he was 5 and he was very skittish about dark or loud rides and we spent a week and had a wonderful time. We loved mickey's philharmagic, and his favorite were the dumbo, aladdin rides. He got a little scared on the winnie the pooh ride, and then wouldn't go on small world. :rotfl: He just loved meeting characters and getting their autographs. We spend one day at mgm and never went on a ride. We met characters and saw the parade, which was awesome. You will have a blast. There's tons to see and do.

I don't do "thrill" rides either - (even the merry-go-round makes me sick to my stomach) and believe me, there is still PLENTY to see and do..:thumbsup2

If there wasn't, I wouldn't keep going back!! :rotfl:

As someone who lived half-way between Cedar Point and Kings Island in Ohio for most of her life, I say your friends and family are nuts! :rotfl: I like roller coasters well enough, but there's no magic at those kinds of amusement parks. :wizard: Disney is so special. There's nothing like it. You'll love it!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter