Friend called yesterday on last day of discount and CM told her this..

Does anyone know if they ever offer more than 15 or 20 % discount at the value resorts?

As far as FD goes, it seems like all the recent offers, specials, pins etc. have been for travel up to Aug. 13. My thoughts are we just have to wait and sit tight to see what is coming for late August and beyond.

My totally uneducated guess is that we will have to wait till May at least. My planned travel dates are during "hurricane season", so I am hopeful that if nothing else, they will at least have FD during that time period. Who knows.:confused3

Last year they offered "monster discounts" which was for late Aug and Sept for 40% off all resorts, but that may have been with a pin.

Newest special offer directly from the Disney site:

Save up to 30%* at Select Disney Deluxe and Disney Deluxe Villa Resort Hotels
Summer and Walt Disney World Resort have always been a perfect fit. Staying at in the middle of the magic means enjoying a different adventure each day. This summer at select Disney Deluxe Resorts and Disney Deluxe Villa Resorts save up to 30% for stays most nights June 15 to August 13, 2011. Also, check for rates for stays most nights April 22 to June 14, 2011!

Book through April 30, 2011 for travel April 22 to May 28, 2011
Book through May 28, 2011 for travel May 29 to August 13, 2011

Select Disney Deluxe Resort hotels let you treat your family to excellent service and imaginative themes. Take advantage of innovative, gourmet dining and close proximity to the theme parks.

Upgrade to Club Level for pre-arrival itinerary requests that include dining reservations, golf tee times, childcare arrangements and much more.

Select Disney Deluxe Villa Resort hotels allows for a home-style stay at a 1- or 2-bedroom villa. Cozy amenities include full kitchens, separate living and bedroom areas, and washers and dryers to help make your stay convenient and flexible.

Villas have themes ranging from contemporary cosmopolitan to the great outdoors. Located within short distances from the theme parks, a Disney Deluxe Villa allows you to set your own pace.
*Save 25% at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, Disney's Wilderness Lodge and Disney's Polynesian Resort for stays most nights June 15 to August 13, 2011.

The number of rooms available at these rates is limited. Minimum length of stay requirements may apply for Friday or Saturday arrivals where applicable. Savings based on non-discounted price for the same room. See Important Details. Check Availability Now
Check availability to book your stay online now, or call (407) 939-7837† and ask for booking code M2X.

Nope. None.

The folks on the phones talk big game.. god love them.. but the majority have no more idea on the corporate plan anymore than you or I would know what Fedex's plan for world domination is.. or what Burger King's new sandwich will be this fall...

We just have to sit tight and wait ...

They don't tell us a thing, even in management. Middle, upper, or otherwise. They did tell us there we to be extremely limited discounts this year. The tagline this year was, "Back to rack." :mickeybar

They don't tell us a thing, even in management. Middle, upper, or otherwise. They did tell us there we to be extremely limited discounts this year. The tagline this year was, "Back to rack." :mickeybar

Good luck with that one. I just can't see people booking at $500 per night for a BWI std room. I booked a AAA rate thinking there would be some kind of better discount coming along. If I hadn't already told my kids, we would be staying off property for sure. I can't justify the price. That magic is getting out of my price range.

Good luck with that one. I just can't see people booking at $500 per night for a BWI std room. I booked a AAA rate thinking there would be some kind of better discount coming along. If I hadn't already told my kids, we would be staying off property for sure. I can't justify the price. That magic is getting out of my price range.

I think a lot of people feel that way. the prices are going up and the discounts are less and less....:scared1:

Which probably accounts for the release of discounts on the deluxe villa resorts first since these are probably the most difficult to fill at rack rate... the type of discounts offered for less expensive accommodations will be interesting to see...

I'll absolutely add my "good luck with THAT".

Their DESIRE to get "back to rack" does not mean that the public will ante up. Then cannot will the economy back to full strength any more than they can will down gas prices ........or airline prices or food prices for that matter.

If anything, I think this just shows that we need to be patient and NOT book rooms ahead of time in anticipation of discounts. Once they realize people are NOT going to pay HIGHER rack rates with LESS discounts all at once they will have to decide to be ok with lower occupancy rates or offer the discounts.

I'm sure having the top blow off the SW plane isn't going to make anyone get the urge to travel.

I just got back from a GREAT trip at the BC. I already have a great room booked at the Dolphin AAA rate Epcot View, Full Balcony, Fireworks View $1,800 for 8 days.

BC and YC Lagoon view (No Fireworks no guarantee full balcony) $3,800.:scared1:

I called WDW got an agent who looked around and said there are no discounts.

I hate to book something through DU thinking I'm going to cancel but my DH will kill me. 2K is a big number.

I'm sure having the top blow off the SW plane isn't going to make anyone get the urge to travel.

I just got back from a GREAT trip at the BC. I already have a great room booked at the Dolphin AAA rate Epcot View, Full Balcony, Fireworks View $1,800 for 8 days.

BC and YC Lagoon view (No Fireworks no guarantee full balcony) $3,800.:scared1:

I called WDW got an agent who looked around and said there are no discounts.

I hate to book something through DU thinking I'm going to cancel but my DH will kill me. 2K is a big number.

The Dolphin rate is terrific! :thumbsup2

What are your dates? There is a 30% discount off deluxe between 6/15 and 8/13... any way you could go during this time period? I booked BCV for less than $250/night.

I'll absolutely add my "good luck with THAT".

Their DESIRE to get "back to rack" does not mean that the public will ante up. Then cannot will the economy back to full strength any more than they can will down gas prices ........or airline prices or food prices for that matter.

If anything, I think this just shows that we need to be patient and NOT book rooms ahead of time in anticipation of discounts. Once they realize people are NOT going to pay HIGHER rack rates with LESS discounts all at once they will have to decide to be ok with lower occupancy rates or offer the discounts.

This is not to say that there won't be ANY discounts. They will always be there, however the discount it for warm bodies effect of past is not an option. Waiting to book when you know you want something specific or during a special time is just dangerous sometimes. I spoke to the sweetest lady today who just cried when I told her the room she wanted for Easter was not available in which way she tried. She said she read on a website (not disboards) that if she waited till right before we have special last minute deals. That couldn't be further from the truth. You can book and cancel. The policies are flexible enough to give some room to breathe. But be careful abstaining from booking in those times when you know that pickings will be slim. Other times of year are easier than some.

As for getting a discount from a Cast Member on the phone-

We can't proactively give them out.You have to request a specific discount. And right now there are only two pin offers and one room discount through August. One pin is really hard to get (not the free dine) and is through 12/22. But dream on because that is sent to a fraction of people who rarely stay.

As for the super sweet lady who missed out on her prime choice- We found her choice for next month but she's still forking out almost $1000 more than she planned because she waited. The first time she looked and there was a discount open she skipped because she wanted to wait for some magical delusional deal for a holiday special. Those are the posts I see and get so angry for our guests. Its not fair to post something that is so misleading. Fortunately I don't see much of that here. :goodvibes

This is not to say that there won't be ANY discounts. They will always be there, however the discount it for warm bodies effect of past is not an option. Waiting to book when you know you want something specific or during a special time is just dangerous sometimes. I spoke to the sweetest lady today who just cried when I told her the room she wanted for Easter was not available in which way she tried. She said she read on a website (not disboards) that if she waited till right before we have special last minute deals. That couldn't be further from the truth. You can book and cancel. The policies are flexible enough to give some room to breathe. But be careful abstaining from booking in those times when you know that pickings will be slim. Other times of year are easier than some.

As for getting a discount from a Cast Member on the phone-

We can't proactively give them out.You have to request a specific discount. And right now there are only two pin offers and one room discount through August. One pin is really hard to get (not the free dine) and is through 12/22. But dream on because that is sent to a fraction of people who rarely stay.

As for the super sweet lady who missed out on her prime choice- We found her choice for next month but she's still forking out almost $1000 more than she planned because she waited. The first time she looked and there was a discount open she skipped because she wanted to wait for some magical delusional deal for a holiday special. Those are the posts I see and get so angry for our guests. Its not fair to post something that is so misleading. Fortunately I don't see much of that here. :goodvibes

I would never recommend someone hold off booking if they were going REGARDLESS of discount. But for those HOPING to find a deal, including free dining, I was just saying that leading the accountants to believe that bookings are up (in the absence of a deal) will only lead to fewer deals.

I have not booked because we probably won't go without one. And I also know full well that having a room booked in advance in no way gives me a leg up on availability once the deal DOES come along (if it does). It only give me a leg up on a full price room.

One thing a lot of people are forgetting is there is a huge number of people out there who have no idea (and never have known) that it was possible to get discounts on their Disney vacations...people who just pay rack rate & full ticket & full dining prices and put it down to "Disney is expensive." Won't make any difference to this group that discounts disappear when they didn't know about them in the first place.

These people may have slowed down on their vacations, or skipped them the last couple of years while the economy was bad. But once they feel comfortable enough with the economy, they will go right back to booking their Disney vacation at full price, no debate.

Even with all the advertising Disney does, people still just don't get that discounts apply to them. I remember being in line for a bus during one Free Dining promo a couple of years ago (when we were booked there with Free Dining ourselves) and overhearing conversations that revolved around "gee I sure wish we belonged to the Disney Vacation Club so we could get that Free dining that other guy was talking about...boy are they lucky!" and the other couple talking about how they all should join the Vac. Club so they could get access to the room discounts. That was a year where there had been Free Dining general public, as well as the stay-4, get 3 free promos, and I don't remember what all. Both of the couples had booked their vacations at full rates. During slow Season, to make it more affordable...not realizing they could have had huge discounts if they'd known to ask when they'd booked in the Spring.

One thing a lot of people are forgetting is there is a huge number of people out there who have no idea (and never have known) that it was possible to get discounts on their Disney vacations...people who just pay rack rate & full ticket & full dining prices and put it down to "Disney is expensive." Won't make any difference to this group that discounts disappear when they didn't know about them in the first place.

These people may have slowed down on their vacations, or skipped them the last couple of years while the economy was bad. But once they feel comfortable enough with the economy, they will go right back to booking their Disney vacation at full price, no debate.

Even with all the advertising Disney does, people still just don't get that discounts apply to them. I remember being in line for a bus during one Free Dining promo a couple of years ago (when we were booked there with Free Dining ourselves) and overhearing conversations that revolved around "gee I sure wish we belonged to the Disney Vacation Club so we could get that Free dining that other guy was talking about...boy are they lucky!" and the other couple talking about how they all should join the Vac. Club so they could get access to the room discounts. That was a year where there had been Free Dining general public, as well as the stay-4, get 3 free promos, and I don't remember what all. Both of the couples had booked their vacations at full rates. During slow Season, to make it more affordable...not realizing they could have had huge discounts if they'd known to ask when they'd booked in the Spring.

There have ALWAYS been a certain amount of people in this world with more money than sense. A bad economy doesn't change that. Only time will tell if there are enough of them to allow Disney to forgo the discounts.

I just find it hard to believe there are enough people with enough confidence in this economy to fill the resorts at rack rate.

It will be what it is....... and time will indeed tell.

I tend to agree with you that people will book rack rate, I did for years. We always went during Easter Week and come Oct 1st I would call and book our reservation. Were there deals out there or that came out later I honestly have no clue but I was happy I had the resort and room of choice during a very busy time of the year.

Will I still go to Disney if the discounts stop, I am sure I will when I switched our dates to Oct from September this year I was prepared to pay rack rate, I just shaved 2 days off our time. Much to my surprise DH got a pin# which I was able to apply it is only 20% but right now I am happy

Magical delusional Disney deals are so good when they happen though. :woohoo:

I wish I would have gone for broke (deluxe club level) during those crazy discount times. Now I just have to take my std room with my AAA for Easter. sads.

Magical delusional Disney deals are so good when they happen though. :woohoo:

I wish I would have gone for broke (deluxe club level) during those crazy discount times. Now I just have to take my std room with my AAA for Easter. sads.

I know what you mean the trip we had to cancel last year, we had a 40% off pin on a 1 Bdrm Villa @ AKL :sad1:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter