• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Fried Chicken

MamaJessie

DIS Veteran
DH is a big fan of fried chicken so I am thinking of trying either 50s or Homecoming for the first time next trip. Anyone want to share their opinions on the fried chicken either place? Or am I missing somewhere obvious for fried chicken?

My family and a party of 12 were just at Trails End on August 15 and the food, including the fried chicken, was really good. This was our 2nd time going there for dinner and we all loved the food. It's a buffet and they have a little of everything but the chicken, fried and roasted, was really good. I don't really eat fried food but I had one piece and was impressed. I have heard that 50's fried chicken is good too so you may not go wrong there.

We have had the fried chicken at both 50's and Trails End, we like Trails End better, but I have heard wonderful things about the fried chicken at Homecoming. They guys from DisUnplugged did a video review of Homecoming, I think it is on the FB page.

We got the fried chicken at homecoming this summer and my DS8 and I agreed it was the best fried chicken we have EVER HAD!!!!! Lol! We still talk about it!

50's Prime Time Cafe - I go there on every visit just to have the fried chicken dinner. It is very good and they give you plenty to eat. We love it.

I haven't been to either 50s or Homecoming, but we ate at Trail's End for the first time last week and the fried chicken was particularly good.

You might try Olivia's Southernmost buttermilk chicken with mashed potatoes and southern gravy. It's pretty good.

DH is a big fan of fried chicken so I am thinking of trying either 50s or Homecoming for the first time next trip. Anyone want to share their opinions on the fried chicken either place? Or am I missing somewhere obvious for fried chicken?

50's Prime Time fried chicken is always a must do for me. I just love the stuff!!!

Thanks for the responses! I forgot about Trail's End, we bought their fried chicken to go a few trips ago and it was very good. Never thought of Olivia's but that is the second time today I read something positive about the food there, might need to investigate further :)
Appreciate the 50's and homecoming responses too! As you can see by my ticker I have plenty of time to worry about this dilemma :scratchin :laughing:

House of blues has really good fried chicken. I enjoyed it more than the chicken at 50s prime time. I'm dying to try the chicken at homecoming...that's our next trip. :-)

50's Prime Time fried chicken is always a must do for me. I just love the stuff!!!

The chicken at Trail's End is the same as at the HDD. It's all made together but Trail's End will cost you 60% less. It's the best value at WDW, IMO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter