Fried Chicken - P&J's at Wilderness Campgrounds or Homecoming?

FutureDis

Mouseketeer
Which is better? Certainly P&Js would be cheaper. We'll be staying at AK Lodge, with a car, so easy to get to either (will they let us in to Wilderness Campground without a reservation now?)

We ate at P&Js in October and then Homecoming in January. I actually think the P&Js was better. I also think the P&J meal deals are some of the best deals on property. Two of us split the ribs/chicken meal and had extra left over.

Homecoming was good, but I'd go with P&Js.

As far as if they will let you in, I'm not sure. We ended up taking Disney transportation from MK

I've never eaten at Homecoming, but I LOVE P&J's. The food is delicious, IMHO, and it's one of the best meal deals on property. I'm not sure if you will be allowed to park at Ft. W without some type of resort or restaurant reservation. We always go to Ft. W using Disney transportation.

Which is better? Certainly P&Js would be cheaper. We'll be staying at AK Lodge, with a car, so easy to get to either (will they let us in to Wilderness Campground without a reservation now?)
Even if you make it to the parking lot at the Fort you will have to take an internal bus to get down to P&Js. I would make an adventure out of it and drive to WL, have a refreshing beverage at Geyser Point, then catch the bus that runs directly between WL and the Settlement Depot at the Fort.

Use Disney transportation to be assured of getting in.

The boat dock is very near Trail's End and a lovely, relaxing ride from MK. They were doing carryout there in the fall, the yummy chicken included.

Maybe that's P&J's? I dunno. Didn't pay attention when we last ate at TE.

Thank you all! I think we'll do P&Js on our MK day, and just take the ferry over for dinner. That will be a nice relaxing ride!

just for your info you will have to park in front part of campground and take internal bus to P&Js and back to your car. there is no car parking even handicapped in that area. not sure about letting you in without ADR which is not P&Js

As far as which is "better," Homecoming is better. It's just better.

I liked P&Js. It's a great option. I liked the mashed potatoes and strawberry shortcake even better than the chicken. As a whole meal, P&Js is a solid well-rounded option. I don't think you can go wrong.

But...Homecoming is better, by quite a margin I'd say.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter