Fridge swappers--Do the freezers get too icy?

EMom

Comes from a long line of all fork ...
We're about to order our swap fridge and we have to choose between a plain fridge and one with a small freezer compartment. The price difference is only $10. I'm wondering if the tiny freezer will ice up often and turn out to be a pain to defrost. :confused3

What has been your experience with this? Would you recommend going with the fridge only or the one with the freezer? I'd appreciate your feedback ASAP!:confused:

Thanks!

:confused3 PLEASE.....We need feedback ASAP so we can buy the fridge! :hourglass

Thanks!

The little freezer compartment may only get a little frosty because of the short length of time between switching - but - that frost will still melt and somebody will still have to deal with a "drippy" fridge unless it is defrosted and dried out prior to swapping.

Years ago, I lived in a dorm for a few years and those little freezer compartments are a mess to defrost if allowed to freeze up much at all.

Personally, I would choose a fridge w/out a freezer compartment.:thumbsup2

I disagree. If I was planning to do a fridge swap, I'd never choose one that didn't have a freezer. I'd rather deal with the frost for 15 minutes before leaving than not have a freezer at all.

Bumping for more feedback. I was wondering if people like the freezer feature to freeze water bottles for the park etc. What DO you use the freezer section for?

Thanks!:goodvibes

i use the freezer section to freeze water/drinks so we have cold drinks throughout the day. as the pp said IF i were doing a fridge swap i wouldn't want one with out the freezer section either. I would rather defrost it the night before or IF i had time the morning of departure. Good luck.

The fridge swap I was in last year had a freezer and it was great for freezing bottled waters. If I participated in another fridge swap I would definitely be looking for one with a freezer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter