• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

FRIDGE IS LOST! Hoppin' @ Pop Fridge CLOSED!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks Julie! I'm hopeful that ours will turn up sooner or later. Do you happen to know if there are any other boards online that have fridge swaps too? I'm only aware of the DIS and TGM.

Karen

I haven't heard of any other boards, other than FB, that Monymony mentioned. Good luck!

Hi! We had the toaster when we were there. When we took it to luggage services the toaster was inside the fridge and the coffee pot was in it's box seperate. So where ever the fridge went after us it should have had the toaster inside of it.

Hope this helps?

Hi everyone!

Just got back from a great trip! Crazy :upsidedow weather though...100 degree days the first few days then the temp dropped to the 50's brrr...I felt like I was back home in Chicago, lol, but we had a great time!

As mentioned, when we picked up our boxes from luggage services we had two boxes...one that contained the fridge and one that contained the coffee pot. Sorry...have no idea what happened to the toaster?

RMAmom did end up getting the fridge and coffee pot today...there was a slight delay because I accidentally overslept after our week's long vacation and MNSSHP last night, Sorry Mary :flower3:, but she did confirm with us that she did get the fridge and coffee pot from luggage services. Glad the swap is back on track! :cool1:

Thanks again mickeefan!

Glad to hear all is going well with the fridge/coffee pot.

I'm glad you had a good trip. Wasn't the MNSSHP fun? I really enjoyed it this year.

Glad to hear all is going well with the fridge/coffee pot.

I'm glad you had a good trip. Wasn't the MNSSHP fun? I really enjoyed it this year.

MNSSHP was great but the night of the 18th it was freezing and my 3 year old insisted that I wait in line for 50 minutes in the cold so that she could take a picture with Snow White and the seven dwarfs :goodvibes
But it was worth it because she was so excited and it was one of the highlights of her trip :lovestruc We love this party and Hallowishes is definitely not to be missed! Booked bounceback for next year too :woohoo:

Keep watching the swap list. They may drop out. I'll pencil you in as "1st alternate" if you want. Just PM me your dates.

RMAmom did end up getting the fridge and coffee pot today...there was a slight delay because I accidentally overslept after our week's long vacation and MNSSHP last night, Sorry Mary :flower3:, but she did confirm with us that she did get the fridge and coffee pot from luggage services. Glad the swap is back on track! :cool1:

Thanks again mickeefan!

Yes we did eventually get it. We made arrangements to meet Julie at her room at 8:00 AM. We also had a late night the night before and when the alarm went off at 7:00 we really didn't want to get up but we drug our tired bodies out of bed and hit the showers. We figured 8:00 was perfect because we could pick up the fridge and still make rope drop. We arrive at Julie's room as arranged and knock on the door and wait. Nothing. Knock again and after a minute or two her husband answers the door and says they over slept.
What I wanted to say was we will wait right here and give you a minute to but instead we said OK we'll go grab a bite in the food court call us when your up. I figured 30 minutes tops. An hour later when we still hadn't heard anything and we really didn't want to lose anymore of our vacation waiting for a fridge I phoned and got voice mail. :mad: I left a message asking them to leave the fridge with luggage services with my name and room number on it and we would pick it up in the afternoon. An hour after I made that call I hear my phone beep and realize I have a voicemail...it's Julie's husband telling me that I can come by and pick up the fridge any time, it's on a luggage cart outside their room. Well at this point I am at EPCOT trying to rework the touring plan that I spent hours making because we were an hour behind schedule that morning! I hoped they would check the message I left about luggage services but there wasn't a whole lot I could do at that point. A while later I did get a call that the fridge was at luggage services so we went about our day and around 2:00 that afternoon we went back to Pop and went to luggage services to pick up the fridge. Of course they can't find it.
We spent the next 2 and a half hours talking to everyone who worked in luggage services and two Pop managers. They finally find the fridge but we lost 3 and half hours of vacation because the person we made the arrangements to swap with didn't think our time was important. I had no problem with the fact that they overslept, that happens, no big deal. What really ticks me off was that from the minute they realized their mistake they should have done everything they could to minimize the inconvenience they caused us. If the situation were reversed and I was awoken at 8 and realized that I overslept I would have had that fridge packed and ready to go by 8:15 at the latest and I would have been embarrassed and apologetic for the inconvenience.

Conversely, I called Jocelyn who was taking the fridge and coffee pot from us. She was at Pop when I called so she came over and picked it up. It took less than 5 minutes to pack it all up and it was ready to go when she arrived to get it. Simple and easy!

Mary

Yes we did eventually get it. We made arrangements to meet Julie at her room at 8:00 AM. We also had a late night the night before and when the alarm went off at 7:00 we really didn't want to get up but we drug our tired bodies out of bed and hit the showers. We figured 8:00 was perfect because we could pick up the fridge and still make rope drop. We arrive at Julie's room as arranged and knock on the door and wait. Nothing. Knock again and after a minute or two her husband answers the door and says they over slept.
What I wanted to say was we will wait right here and give you a minute to but instead we said OK we'll go grab a bite in the food court call us when your up. I figured 30 minutes tops. An hour later when we still hadn't heard anything and we really didn't want to lose anymore of our vacation waiting for a fridge I phoned and got voice mail. :mad: I left a message asking them to leave the fridge with luggage services with my name and room number on it and we would pick it up in the afternoon. An hour after I made that call I hear my phone beep and realize I have a voicemail...it's Julie's husband telling me that I can come by and pick up the fridge any time, it's on a luggage cart outside their room. Well at this point I am at EPCOT trying to rework the touring plan that I spent hours making because we were an hour behind schedule that morning! I hoped they would check the message I left about luggage services but there wasn't a whole lot I could do at that point. A while later I did get a call that the fridge was at luggage services so we went about our day and around 2:00 that afternoon we went back to Pop and went to luggage services to pick up the fridge. Of course they can't find it.
We spent the next 2 and a half hours talking to everyone who worked in luggage services and two Pop managers. They finally find the fridge but we lost 3 and half hours of vacation because the person we made the arrangements to swap with didn't think our time was important. I had no problem with the fact that they overslept, that happens, no big deal. What really ticks me off was that from the minute they realized their mistake they should have done everything they could to minimize the inconvenience they caused us. If the situation were reversed and I was awoken at 8 and realized that I overslept I would have had that fridge packed and ready to go by 8:15 at the latest and I would have been embarrassed and apologetic for the inconvenience.

Conversely, I called Jocelyn who was taking the fridge and coffee pot from us. She was at Pop when I called so she came over and picked it up. It took less than 5 minutes to pack it all up and it was ready to go when she arrived to get it. Simple and easy!

Mary

Hi Mary,
Wow....your ability to be compassionate and understanding of an honest mistake is truly remarkable :rolleyes:
Let me clear up a few misunderstandings....first my name is JENNI, not Julie. Second, we had no idea that we would oversleep. Every other day we were up at 6am. We ended up being at MNSSHP much later than anticipated and I think the week and the late evening finally caught up with us and our two small children. When we heard the knock at the door, my dh answered and apologetically explained what happened. Mary and her husband said they would just leave the luggage cart and go grab a bite to eat and then pick up the fridge. So, dh and I packed up the fridge and coffee pot and put it on the luggage cart they left outside our door. We waited for them to return and pick up the fridge. After about an hour and a half of waiting, I finally decided to call and that's when we got the message that they were already in Epcot! So, we were instructed to leave the fridge with luggage servcies which we dutifully DID, and we called with the name of the person that we left the fridge with. If Pop couldn't find it, I'm sorry but I really don't know how that is my fault? :confused3 I think there was some miscommunication on both sides once we apologized for our over-sleeping. What appalls me, is the lack of understanding on your part Mary...after we apologized and tried to make the situation right. What else would you have had me do??? Your spewing of misplaced anger at me on these boards over an honest mistake is really unfortunate :sad2:
My mistake for expecting a little understanding from a fellow Disser... We tried to make things right....sorry it wasn't to your satisfaction :sad2:

Mary

Bolding from me....Never did we say YOUR time was unimportant and we DID apologize and do whatever we could to get the fridge to you. We thought you were coming back to pick up the fridge... The more I read your post, the more it sickens me. We made an HONEST mistake.....Sorry!!!!We Did NOT mean to ruin your whole day and vacation! It was an accident. I hope the other Disers in this swap are more understanding than you if the swaps don't go exactly as planned :headache:

I'm so sorry about the miscommunication and delay with the fridge swap for both of you. :hug: I also spent a lot of time at luggage services in September when our fridge had been misplaced. It's not fun to feel like you're loosing precious vacation time. I'm just glad that the fridge is with our swapper and not lost in luggage services @ Pop.

If there is anything that I can do, please let me know. :)

I'm so sorry about the miscommunication and delay with the fridge swap for both of you. :hug: I also spent a lot of time at luggage services in September when our fridge had been misplaced. It's not fun to feel like you're loosing precious vacation time. I'm just glad that the fridge is with our swapper and not lost in luggage services @ Pop.

If there is anything that I can do, please let me know. :)

Thanks Julie(Mickeefan) :hug: for your understanding...you have been wonderful with the swap and an absolute dear! I'm glad the fridge is back with this swap too!:)

Hello, swappers! Not much new activity lately.

Unfortunately, the fridge will be put into Luggage Services tomorrow until 11/7. I've asked the swapper to be sure the box is labeled largely and clearly, so that on 11/7 they can find it for lilly28. Let's all keep our fingers crossed!

Anywho, most of 2010 has fridge availability. Let's get the calendar filled up. Thanks.

I'll be at Disney 12/3-12/6 and will stop by Pop to check on the fridge. If you have it in the meantime and we need anything, please let me know. Thanks.

No news is good news (or, for those of us old enough to remember the Great Space Coaster, no gnus is good gnus...).

Mickeefan, I have been in touch with Mercenary, from whom I will get the fridge on 12/4. We haven't worked out a time or if it's going to be in LS, etc., but we have communicated. Time's getting close!!

Anyway, I will make sure to PM you with my cell phone in case you need to check on the fridge while it's in our care. Thanks!

Chad

Mickeefan: I haven't been checking this thread but now that my dates are approaching I wanted to touch base with you to make sure I know what I'm supposed to be doing.

My dates for the swap are 11/25-11/29.

I have talked with Mercenary who will have the fridge after me. I have not talked to the person that I'm supposed to be getting the fridge from. Have you heard from her? I need some contact information so that we can set up a meet.

Also there seems to have been some confusion about the fridge etc. Is the correct fridge in place now? What other items are included?

Sorry for all the questions but this is my first swap and I don't want to mess anything up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter