Fridge (and ideally, microwave)?

sarahtar

Mouseketeer
We're planning our next trip - it won't be for 2 years ish probably - but we will need a fridge in our room for DS's meds and his special food, and a microwave would make life much easier, as well. (for his food - he's tube fed and on a blenderized whole foods diet, which would be much much easier if I had a way to heat things up.)

Which resorts have these in-room?

On the Value level resorts only the Family Suites at Art of Animation and All-Star Music have microwaves in the rooms. All of he Deluxe Villa resort rooms have them and some of the suites and Deluxe rooms in the Deluxe resorts. I know the Deluxe resorts have some that you can request in your room, however, you cannot request them in advance, only at check-in, so it's not guaranteed.

All of the Food courts at the resorts have microwaves that you can use.

We were thinking of staying in a moderate. (more comfy than value, not as jaw-droppingly priced as deluxe.)

No moderates, except for the Wilderness Cabins, have microwaves in their rooms.

You can ask at some resorts about microwaves for medical needs. I'm at Wilderness Lodge right now and they provided a microwave for me (multiple food allergies).

Don't know if this is Deluxe only but I'd go to a resort specific thread (all the moderates have them) and ask the regulars if they know about it.

My sister was able to get a microwave at Port Orleans Riverside due to her son's medical needs. She called and requested it pre-arrival. They told her they have a limited number and would do their best to provide it but it wasn't guaranteed. She did get it and all was good - but if it is an absolute must then trying to get a room like a family suite or the cabins at fort wilderness might be the best bet.

Medical needs should be met.

Worst case scenario, there are microwaves in the food courts that can be used :confused3

You can get a microwave for less than $50 from Amazon and Walmart.com, so there's always to option of buying one and having it shipped to the resort.

If you are able to get one from the resort just return the one that was shipped there.

It involves a little leg work, but at least you KNOW you'll have one no matter what.

Also, you may be able to rent points for a DVC studio for the same cost as a moderate resort. I know we had fridge, microwave, toaster, and coffee maker in the studios I've stayed in at AKL-KV and BWV. I loved both resorts and the rooms seem bigger than a regular room and also have balconies.

You can get a microwave for less than $50 from Amazon and Walmart.com, so there's always to option of buying one and having it shipped to the resort.

If you are able to get one from the resort just return the one that was shipped there.

It involves a little leg work, but at least you KNOW you'll have one no matter what.

Disney does not allow guests to bring their own appliances. If they can provide you with one they will. But as they cannot vouch for the safety of the ones guests might bring with them, they are not allowed.

Maybe post over on the disabilities board too?

I agree about looking into a villa if you can. A studio will have a microwave, and a one bedroom will have a full kitchen.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter