Fresh orange juice

TwinKAT

Earning My Ears
We are leaving for BWV in 5 days. Is there a fruit stand nearby where we can buy a gallon of fresh orange juice?

Try the General Store on the Boardwalk - it also has items like milk, bread, crackers, cereal, pasta and other grocery items. Prices are higher than in the supermarkets, but sometimes, convenience is more important. Enjoy your trip!

Billy Boys (or Bobs) across from the Super Wal Mart in Kissimmee has excellent juice. You can usually find a coupon for a free bag of citrus with your purchase also.

Gooding's sells a brand from a local processor. Sorry I can't recall the name - it's in plastic, "milk-type" jugs" - check where it's made, it should be somewhere in Central FL.

Citrus is my family's business - so we're pretty picky, and my DH and I like this a lot!

(we HATE the Minute Maid they have on property!!)

WDW no longer sells or serves fresh squeezed orange juice anywhere on property.

Here's why:
From: http://www.polkonline.com/stories/110498/bus_outbreak.shtml

ORLANDO -- The setting was innocent enough.

At ''character breakfasts'' where guests at Walt Disney World could meet and
greet Mickey, Minnie or Goofy, 29 diners who drank unpasteurized orange
juice came down with salmonella poisoning in a two-month period in 1995.
Another 33 Disney guests also got sick from drinking unpasteurized orange
juice at the theme park resort in the same period.
For the whole news story, click on the link above.

To keep this thread on topic for the DVC board, one great thing about having a kitchen is that you can squeeze your own orange juice -- from properly washed oranges.

Does anyone know if there are juice squeezers in the rooms?

Why is it so expensive in FL. I can buy 1/2 gallon of tropicana oj in my locale supermarket for $1.79, but it's twice that in a publix ? Even fresh oranges are outrages down there. Shouldn't citrus be dirt cheap down there. I mean,come on,the stuff grows on trees doesn't it ?

I'll guess that Tropicana uses Brazilian oranges?

BTW, on our last trip we bought some "fresh" orange juice at the Super Walmart near WDW. We later noticed that the stuff had an expiration date of two weeks prior! Maybe that's why it was marked down. We used vodka to kill any microbes that were swimming in it, so it wasn't wasted.

there is a place on 192, I think about a mile past the amusement park there, that is called Orange World. it's on the north side of the road and is shaped like a giant orange. They have fresh squeezed oj, don't know if it's pasteurized or not, and navel oranges. We loved both and bought more oranges for the trip home. I think a half bushel of navels was 9.99.

Thank you all for your replies. It sounds like we will definitely be able to enjoy fresh orange juice in just a few days.

This topic reminds me of a funny story. I took my mother to Disney World about 2 years ago. She hadn't been since we were all kids and we had to stay off site and on a major budget, no frills or extras. So I took her own her very own trip, just the 2 of us, all expenses paid.

We were having breakfast at the Crystal Palace character breakfast and both of us were going on and on about how wonderful the fresh squeezed orange juice was there. We just couldn't get enough and kept asking for more, even telling the server how great the fresh squeezed juice was. He poured us some more and walked away.

Two seconds later the door opens from the kitchen and out walks a CM with a HUGE clear trash bag that contained AT LEAST 50 empty half gallon containers of Minute Maid orange juice. My mother and I looked at each other and busted out laughing. It is still a joke in our family, we tell the story so often.

That's what I thought of when I saw the topic "fresh orange juice."

On the way to Disney or soon after we arrive I want my fresh orange juice.

This stop is on the way, depending on which direction you come in on. We come down 75, take the highway 27 exit which leads to west 192. A few miles before Disney, on 27 left hand side is the showcase of citris. They grow oranges, grapefruit, ect. You can pick your own. They also make fresh orange juice, free samples, mmm. I think Orange juice is $4 or $5 a gallon. Buy several its great. They also sell fresh squeezed Graprfruit juice.
You can also buy online at link below. Web site has picture of fruit stand also.
Enjoy.

http://www.showcaseofcitrus.com

Tigger

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter