First Impression
Nosefromterminal.jpg

From the Terminal Building
AtriumDonald.jpg

Admiral Donald Readied for our journey to our dreams
AtriumFrom5.jpg

The Atrium from Deck 5
EnchantedGarden.jpg

Enchanted Garden for our Sail Away Buffet (Most people head to Cabanas)
Cat5A10038.jpg

Cat 5A Room 10038 from first entry
Cat5A10038fromveranda.jpg

Room from Veranda View
SailAwayParty.jpg

Sail Away Party and as you can see the Donald pool has people in it at the stage!
GoodByeFlorida.jpg

Saying good bye to all troubles and cares. A fitting tribute to the Dreams of Tomorrow!
Animators.jpg

Animators...I won't say anything about those screens that are all over the dinning room....but they are a key focus of attention! :thumbsup2
Deck11atnight.jpg

And finally a Good Night for an exciting day and an amazing view on Deck 11!

I will post Day two tomorrow evening, I promise! :thumbsup2

I was on the same cruise celebrating my birthday. I was going to write a trip report but Coach Rick is saying it all. I said "WOW" So much you would have thought that is the only word I knew.

We were in a verandah room on deck 8 - 8570 which was the center of the ship.

Waiting for more reports so I can re-live the moments.

I was with my grown daughter and we both were in love.

Just in your first day's report you've said several things / new clues about things that I hadn't heard before - balcony in the theater, and it's a good place to sit - who knew! :banana:

Great report and pictures, can't wait to read more! Reading these trip reports is really getting me excited for our back to back cruises on the Dream in Oct.

thanks for a great report.
Can we look foreward to Menu pictures :lovestruc

We've not been on DCL for a few years ... Tried out RCL, but now found DCL is back in our price range! We realllllllly missed our DCL. Love the pictures, especially since none of the brochures gave a good preview of the inside of the ship. Keep the pix and review coming.:banana::banana:

Thank you for all the kind comments.

Day 2 - Seminar Day

Woke up at 6:55 thinking I would catch the sunrise at possibly 7 ish...well forgot to figure the fact we were now further East, therefor sunrise at 6:53 am:confused: Oh well on with the show....

One thing that Disney knows how to do is educate in a very orderly and extremely efficient manner. Our seminar was in the Walt Disney Theater, and they had set up a little danish/coffee/juice station for us. The education team consisting of Tommy, Rita, and Jennifer was extremely helpful and passed along important information for us travel agents to better serve our clients to make their voyage on the Dream the best vacation ever. So I would like to take this moment to thank them very much for the enthusiasm and knowledge they brought to us!

Of course this was Nassau day, and even though I didn't not go through the gate into downtown the sound of jackhammers and construction equipment did fill the air. It is apparent there is some construction going on and I did get a sense of enjoyment from the people coming back...just not sure if it was relief or enjoyment...nah, the people of Nassau work hard to try and make the cruise ship crowd happy. Including the Dream there was 4 ships in dock this day, but there were actually 3 boats and 1 ship!:worship:

So today besides hanging on the docks with the locals, I also used this time to play on the AquaDuck...that thing is Soooooooo cool! and it was apparent the passengers on the other ships agreed as the other ships all seemed to leave listing toward the Dream simply because their passengers were glued to watching us and probably dreaming themselves! Lines on the AquaDuck were minimal, and the anticipation grew with every step. I will admit I am not really fond of heights, but this did not bother me in the least here. You are out and back in long before you realize you are about 100 feet off the surface of the oceans surface. Get ready for the first rise as the jet of water shoots you up the hill and also hits you square on the back of your neck and you just remembered that although it's warm, it is WINTER. ;) It's over before you know it but is so much fun.

Being a DVC member I did attend the DVC member meeting for the goodies and new pcis of Aulani...still too far for this DVC hound to scoop more points there. Food for lunch was had at Floes on deck 11...lets see, I had a hamburger, pizza, fries and some fresh fruit. I loved it all! Ice cream was on the other side of the stack, I guess that was a bit disappointing. The only thing for toppings was Hershey's Chocolate syrup and some caramel. I wold like to see some strawberries perhaps, or whipped cream, jimmies...but nope nothing like that. Of course the soda dispensers are aft next to the Mickey Pool...Now We did notice deck 10 had an issue with a couple pains of glass. My roomie inquired and was told it happened on the transatlantic trip to port.

Ok, so after a great day in port it was time to ... well .... take a nap :laughing: Woke from a great nap listening to the waves...imagine, slept so well I didn't hear the horn playing away! :scared1: Tonight's show was Villains. It was the funniest look at Disney's Villains I have ever seen. Those that haven't seen it cover your eyes...I will let you know....umm, ok never mind..that won't work! :confused3 Anyhow, Hades was fantastic. He was sooooo funny my jaw hurt from laughter. Again with the Theater, dang that place is beautiful!

Dinner tonight was at Enchanted Garden...again, this place just blows my mind...oh well that is a recurring theme on this ship. This evening the pedals were fully open, and everywhere you looked you saw magic. Again with the food. Tonight, I couldn't decide what desert to get so I got two of them, fudge brownie cheese cake, and a banana "something" sundae...mmmm...of course there are no calories on the ship, but they do manifest themselves once you step off...remedy, stay on! :love:

Now the "District". The District consists of the District Lounge, Pink, 687 (sports lounge), Evolution (which is the largest) and Skyline with the ever changing cityscapes. Skyline was very cool, as was 687. They were quiet easy to talk with new found friends except when a certain few of my TA friends raised a ruckus in Skyline..:rotfl2: BTW, 687 is actually the number of the ship as they built it in Germany.

One other cool fact I got from an actual engineer that was involved in the design of the ship was the fact that although their design called for 4 HUGE engines, Disney insisted on 5, to which he scarfed at the fact that we were doing a death defying 8 knots. :lmao: But as Tommy our facilitator said Disney is all about safety first therefore if 4 was safe, 5 is safer.

So that is day 2, perhaps a little less awe inspiring for you my readers, but it was a rather quiet day for me. Anyone else want to chime in on their day two activities...with 2700 onboard I am sure there are at least 2699 different stories. :cool1: I will post some day 2 pics tomorrow....

When I think last week at this time it had just begun...Boy I can't wait till August 21 for my next encounter!

Boy I can't wait till August 21 for my next encounter!

Same here Rick, just checked "Only 194 days until your cruise sets sail!" that number seems to be going down very slowly:goodvibes
Did ADR's for our first 11 days yesterday, more today:thumbsup2

Love reading about the cruise, it was such a blast. If anyone saw two women knitting all over the ship, it was me and my daughter. We had such fun finding a new spot. One day a lady saw us and went back to get her needlepoint to join us.

I did pick up one more thing about Cabana's, my daughter is a chef and she was talking to the chef in charge of Cabana's and all that area, he said the reason there are no Mickey waffles is because only 2 plugs was put in and for the size of the ship and normal request, they need 12. Also, no omelets because there is not enough ventilation in the area. They tried on the last cruise and it was a disaster.

I was wondering about the two broken glasses.

We just booked our first DCL cruise on the Dream in June 2012. I really appreciate all the great info. I'm like a sponge and want to hear, see and know all I can about DCL. We have cruised before and have one planned before the DCL, but this one has me soooo excited:banana: I just can't get enough info. Thanks again and keep the stories coming. Denise

So, I take it you liked the ship, LOL?

Great trippie, I am definitely following along!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter