frequent 1 night trips-moving to FL

coastiewifern

DIS Veteran
We are moving to FL and will be about 2.5 hours from WDW. We plan to get the AP and because we have kids in school do monthly overnight trips to WDW. We will be using all our DVC points on a extended trip in Nov. So we are looking to find out the best way to spend the night cheaply near the world. We are going from 2 incomes to 1 in FL so budget is important. All tips are appreciated!!!! Let me hear them.

I'm not sure when the sale is, but are you on their email list? I get coupons/sale notices a least a couple times a month from them. If you're near an outlet, ours had a few styles on sale this weekend - I picked up a pair for each kid - one was $9.95 and the other was $14.95. They had quite a few styles either on sale or clearance.

We are moving to FL and will be about 2.5 hours from WDW. We plan to get the AP and because we have kids in school do monthly overnight trips to WDW. We will be using all our DVC points on a extended trip in Nov. So we are looking to find out the best way to spend the night cheaply near the world. We are going from 2 incomes to 1 in FL so budget is important. All tips are appreciated!!!! Let me hear them.

Your location says military family - have you tried to stay at the military hotel Shades of Green? It's close to the Poly and inexpensive. Also, you will now be open to AP and FL resident room rates - AP rates are the lowest and both are offered throughout the not so busy times of the year. Also military hotel rates rate apply at WDW - anywhere from 20-40% depending where you stay. We know - DH is retired Navy and when we don't use our DVC points we use the discounts!

As a FL resident and AP holder, you will get resident discounts on Disney resorts. Off site we stayed at The Fountains, and the Sheraton Vistana, and loved them. Not as thrilled with Orange Lakes Resort, but there are so many wonderful condos in the area, a little research, and you will find a wonderful place to stay! Congrats on moving closer to the Magic!:cool1:

Start enjoying the great outdoors, Ft Wilderness. That was our weekend retreat for Disney, and didn't pay an arm and a leg per night.

We chose it because gas prices were on the rise, and it was becoming more costly to do Disney in a day (drive up in the morning, drive home after closing, to Ft Lauderdale). Most the time we'd drive up Friday afternoon, set up camp and have Saturday and Sunday in the parks.

I know it's a little over 2hr drive from Kissimmee to Port St Lucie, and I've done that many times in one day (round trip). It's really not all that bad of a drive. Considering when you live in a city like Miami and it can take 2 hrs just to get home from work in the afternoon.

I'm not sure when the sale is, but are you on their email list? I get coupons/sale notices a least a couple times a month from them. If you're near an outlet, ours had a few styles on sale this weekend - I picked up a pair for each kid - one was $9.95 and the other was $14.95. They had quite a few styles either on sale or clearance.

Not sure what you are referencing

Your location says military family - have you tried to stay at the military hotel Shades of Green? It's close to the Poly and inexpensive. Also, you will now be open to AP and FL resident room rates - AP rates are the lowest and both are offered throughout the not so busy times of the year. Also military hotel rates rate apply at WDW - anywhere from 20-40% depending where you stay. We know - DH is retired Navy and when we don't use our DVC points we use the discounts!

Yes we have stayed at SOG many times. The rooms are very nice but it is over $120/night plus you pay for parking. I think we can find something cheaper on priceline. So I guess once we get our AP we will be on an email list for discounts?

We have stayed at quite a few places at DTD area. I have gotten great deals. We enjoy the BW at DTD Disney large rooms some with great views, I would join hotel chain reward programs, try priceline I know they only guraentee one beds but I do feel in the orlando area most hotels have 2 beds, www.biddingfortravel.com is good for trying to see what hotel you might get. I have never bid for for anything below 3 stars.

Kae

I know for a fact offsite hotels give military and government discounts.

Yes we have stayed at SOG many times. The rooms are very nice but it is over $120/night plus you pay for parking. I think we can find something cheaper on priceline. So I guess once we get our AP we will be on an email list for discounts?

Yes, the discounts for passholders can be very deep. I've been seeing values for $74 a night.

My family (Fl residents) usually stay at Motel 6 West gate. they are usually $36/night. They like it very much and recommend it to everyone.

With the new military discount we can stay at a value in the off season for between $60-75/night and thats with taxes. :)

If you pick up a birbaum guide book, it tells you the off season. Generally, jan-march, sept-oct, and the first two weeks of December.

I'm always getting promos for $70-$80 a night at values for FL resident, but passholder usually beats out resident rates.

There's also quite a few hotels along palm pkwy that are nice. I usually take Vista Rd into Disney (it goes past the Fort), when I'm on the north side of property.

And no reason to worry about parking when staying at SOG, it's a perk for passholders.

You should also look into the monthly payment plans for the passes, and the passes at the other theme parks. I know for Seaworld, you're locked in at the monthly rate even beyond you're original 2yrs. Aquatica is a nice water park, and a great break from the heat. It's also cheaper than adding Disney's waterpark onto your ticket. I forget how much the after 2pm pass is.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter