• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

French Toast at Storyteller's

sjw4870

DIS Veteran
Is there any chance the "old fashioned banana stuffed french toast" at Storyteller's is the same as (or similar to) the Tonga Toast served at Kona Cafe at the Polynesian at WDW? (Meaning - deep fried and rolled in cinnamon sugar). I would be thrilled if I could get my tonga toast fix during my trip to DL!

I would suggest if you like one you will like the other.

The Storytellers versions is served with butter and syrup. But Isn't Tonga Toast with Jelly?

Hmmm...someone in my party had the Banana Stuffed French Toast at Storytellers and it didn't look deep fried or have cinnamon sugar. Sorry. :sad2:

It was "regular" French Toast with bananas between bread and served with butter and syrup with a side of bacon (iirc).

On a more hopeful note, the Tangaroa Terrace in the DL Hotel is scheduled to open May 25th. It will be a polynesian themed space, so maybe the menu will have something like Tonga Toast?

DL Parks Blog regarding Tangaroa Terrace: http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/blog/2011/05/whats-on-the-menu-at-new-disneyland-hotel-restaurants-opening-may-25/?CMP=SOC-DLRUSENFY11DLR_SocMedBFB0011

No it is not the same as the Tonga Toast. But, I actually preferred Storyteller's version. It was indeed very yummy!

Here is a picture of it:
IMG_4264.jpg

I haven't ever had the Tonga toast (it sounds really good), but I love the Storyteller's version!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter