French Press at Kona

glaserjm

DIS Veteran
DH is a big coffee lover, but at $7.50 he is on the fence about getting it. My thoughts are that its vacation and he should just get whatever he wants, but he says he only wants to do it if he is fairly confident its going to be really good.
Was anybody blown away by it or is the Kona blend just as good?

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

Sorry for the duplicate posts, my app said it wasn't posting, but apparently it was and now I can't delete since I'm using the app!

He will be DYING for the French press after drinking the coffee everywhere else. Other than the coffee at V&A's, it's the best on property. :)

glaserjm said:
Sorry for the duplicate posts, my app said it wasn't posting, but apparently it was and now I can't delete since I'm using the app!

Im having the same prob with duplicate posts.

Its REALLY GOOD coffee. He will love it.

I was apprehensive, too. I was the only coffee drinker in the group and not sure I could drink it all. But I ordered it, it was wonderful, and I have no regrets!

And Figment liked it, too.

be9728.jpg

this is probably a dumb question--but is French press coffee flavored? I prefer my coffee to be flavored (vanilla, mocha, etc.)

this is probably a dumb question--but is French press coffee flavored? I prefer my coffee to be flavored (vanilla, mocha, etc.)

French press is just a term for the mechanism, like you see in the picture earlier in the thread. The coffee beans are ground and added to hot water. They steep for a while and then are pressed down into that glass container so that you don't get grounds in your coffee cup when you pour. Whether the coffee is flavored or not comes from the beans not the mechanism. Or flavored creamer.

I had the French press coffee at Citricos and it was very very good.

I was apprehensive, too. I was the only coffee drinker in the group and not sure I could drink it all. But I ordered it, it was wonderful, and I have no regrets!

And Figment liked it, too.

be9728.jpg

Figment looked like he was thirsty!! LOL

We love the press pot at Kona. I love coffee and I book ressies at Kona at least a couple of times per trip for that coffee alone!

LOVE IT! Enjoy! If you order a cocktail, you'll be paying more than that anyway. :goodvibes

It's a must do for us every time we dine at Kona. This year we are staying at the Poly and plan on having a pot everyday. We are serious coffee drinkers!:cool1:

Does anyone know if you can have room service deliver the french press pot? What a way to wake up everyday!:rotfl:

Love the press pot coffee at Kona. Like others have said you would be paying more for a cocktail. The pot will make 2 cups. I loved it so much the kids bought me a french press for Christmas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter