French Fries at BOG for kids

lovedworld

Mouseketeer
Could someone tell me if french fries can be ordered on the kids menu at BOG. I want to eat there either for dinner or for lunch, but we will be with our grandchildren and there is really nothing on the kids menu that I think they will eat. If they were able to get french fries that would help.

1) I do not remember French fries.
2) BoG has a different type of kids menu.
3) They do not cater so much to the picky eaters.
4) Guests are supposed to experience different things and tastes.
5) The BoG accomplishes this.

BoG is a themed restaurant. Think about the song that Lumiere sings in the movie. The dining experience is supposed to be elegant and special, with the kitchen preparing the best of the best. Now, of course WDW had to tone it down quite a bit so as not to plop Victoria & Albert's smack in the middle of the MK. But they are only willing to go so far. If BoG started serving hot dogs, pizza slices and French fries, do you think Lumiere would be singing proudly about his provincial French kitchen? It would ruin the theming. So to Disney's way of thinking, if people want pedestrian fare, they have 115 or so other places to get it. You go to BoG when you want to step up. There is little interest in making BoG just another run-of- the-mill fast food venue, so substitutions are not made easily if at all for less than dietary health reasons. They have sweet potato wedges for kids. If that is too "special", then Disney expects that folks will find their favorites at other CS locations. Hasn't seemed to hurt business so far.

I know during lunch the adult sandwiches are mostly served with fries and at dinner the steak is also served with fries. So they would probably be able to get fries for kids.

In November, DD9 ordered the kid's steak at dinner and was able to sub steak fries for the kid's side.

Have not been to be our guest .
But For several years we were able to get fires for our son in every TS resturant we ate in Disney . Including those that are concidered high end dining .

Every year for about 10 years we had dinner in San Angel in epoct and got fries no problem.

Last year when we asked our waiter apologizied profusely and told us that they were no longer able to do that. He blamed the dining plan which did not make sense to us.
We even asked for Papas fritas and were told no.

To say that a resturant located in the Magic Kingdom, that is based on a cartoon , is too high end to have french fries is just silly.

I think that lumiere and company would be happy to see a kid eating and the parents having a nice dinner.

I think that lumiere and company would be happy to see a kid eating and the parents having a nice dinner.

I happen to agree with you. But so far Disney is holding the line. And as noted, kids can get the "adult" fries, but they may not be what the child is used to or expecting. My personal opinion? That a family sits down in a nice environment and dines together is far more important than what is on the plate.

Just order a side of fries at lunch. They have fries for lunch. Forget about it being a kid's item, just order a regular side of fries. If you can't do that from the order kiosk ask a CM how to order a side of fries.

We were there for lunch in March. I ordered a side of French fries for my granddaughter, it was $2.09. I just cleaned the receipts out of my bag in preparation for another trip is why I knew the exact price.

You can get fries, but most of the time you have to ask for them. At dinner, they may not be the type of thin-cut fries you see at say, McDonalds. If they say you can't ask for them, you can buy a side of fries.

they refused my DS (7) fries. . . .even the adult fries. Said the adults could have them, but DS could not. But he could have cold whole wheat pasta swimming in congealing melted butter (he doesn't eat tomato sauce). Sounds appetizing, no?

They DID hear from me about this and the customer service rep who called me back said it made no sense to her and she was going to look into it.

they refused my DS (7) fries. . . .even the adult fries. Said the adults could have them, but DS could not. But he could have cold whole wheat pasta swimming in congealing melted butter (he doesn't eat tomato sauce). Sounds appetizing, no?

They DID hear from me about this and the customer service rep who called me back said it made no sense to her and she was going to look into it.

I suppose this was on the dining plan? Otherwise I cannot imagine them refusing to sell you a side of fries...

Ate dinner there 2 weeks ago with our kids. Fries were offered with their dinner as an alternative to garden veggies but you have to specify this when you order. They were truffle fries ( ie fried with truffle oil) which were delicious to adults and kids alike ! They had ketchup too, just served in a nice dish. The entrees weren't the most kid friendly, but they definitely had fries (not sweet potato on our visit, just regular fries).

1) Seems like several conflicting answers.
2) Will try to ask on Tuesday and see what their policy has become.
3) I know they didn't at the start, but maybe they have changed.
4) We'll check, and report back.

Got my reservation this morning for BOG in November and will be asking for fries for my grandchildren if they decide they want them. I know, I know they should be happy with the mickey meatloaf and veggie but what can I say, kids love fries.

Ours said something like whole grain pasta with marinara and mozzarella cheese. One of my daughters asked for no sauce, and the CM offered butter on the pasta, which she declined. The pasta was a macaroni shape.

My nephew ordered no sauce and they put shredded cheese in a dish beside on the bowl if pasta. It looked good. As for the fries, I was able to order a side of fries for my ds who is allergic to milk. Bo questions, happy cast member assisting us at the kiosk. This was this past week

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter