• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Freezing juice boxes?

chobie

<font color=teal>Fish are friends, not food<br><fo
Can this be done, or will they explode? My son packs his lunch everyday and will not buy milk at school because the line is too long and he does not like lukewarm drinks. So, I thought maybe I could freeze juice boxes, but I'm afraid to experiment.

Juice boxes freeze very nicely! I freeze them all the time to use as ice packs when packing snack bags too-- it'll keep the non-frozen ones cool and by the time it defrosts, my little one is ready for more juice/

I wouldn't put them all in the freezer at once. They can freeze too hard and take longer to defrost. If I know it's going to be needed in a few hours, just freezing it overnight is enough.

They do bulge a tiny bit, but I've never had one explode. I also freeze the juice bags-- like Capri Sun.

I've been doing this for years. Although my kids eat lunch so early that it's sometimes not thawed. I've started putting the juice in their lunchbox the night before when I pack (and sticking it in the fridge). Then it is still frozen but thaws in time for lunch.

Thanks! I have had too many mishaps with freezing liquids to try this without asking first.

I have done the boxes but I think the bags freeze and thaw better as sometimes the boxes get a little soft and soggy. It helps that my dd's love the minute maid bags. Put thim in the night before and then even if they are still a bit frozen at lunch its like having a slushie :)

TJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter