Freeport

dive-in

Earning My Ears
When I booked our 4-day cruise we were getting a day at sea. I liked that arrangement but it looks like we will be stopping at Freeport now. My DW will like the extra shopping opportunity. :)

I was planning on doing the Blue Lagoon Dolphin Encounter at Nassau but there is a similar excursion, the Sanctuary Bay Dolphin Encounter, in Freeport. Any thoughts on which might be better? Differences? I've done something similar to the Regatta Race Challenge offered in Nassau and had a blast. Thought I might try that in Nassau if I could swim with the dolphins in Freeport. Decisions, decisions.

Speaking of the shopping...which stop, Nassau vs. Freeport, has the best shopping. Things like jewelry (for DW), electronics (for DK's), and liquor (for me).

No worries, sail happy!! :cool:

In Nassau the jewlery prices were higher than in the U.S. but in Freeport I found a little shop by where we went snorkling and got a GREAT deal on a Tanzinite ring.

The Regatta Race is not offered at this time...I heard through this board that they had some problems with some of the boats. Needless to say this was the only thing my husband wanted to do so now he is going to watch myself and DD12 and DD4 1/2 do the Freeport Dolphin encounter. I have heard pros and cons on both of these. Some people say they are the same thing, same amount of time with the dolphins, others say the Nassau one is better because it includes a full day at the beach (see big price difference). Many people say the time is too short with them in either case and the dolphin swim is the best (see even bigger price difference). For myself and DD's, ANY time with them will be a memory for a life time so I'm opting for the cheapest way out. As it is, it's over $200 for the 3 of us and for me, that is enough!

I'm sure what ever you choose, you'll have fun!

We did the Dolphin Swim in Nassau (never been to Freeport) and had a fantastic time. I'm sure it's similar. We didn't have any beach time, though. The swim was incredible. If you can swing the extra cost for the swim, I'd do that. If not, like you said, any interaction would be memorable. Our tablemates did a regatta tour in St. Martin and thoroughly enjoyed it.

Tina
Magic Western 1.18.03:bounce:

Thanks eskimo and all for the info.

Since the regatta is canceled we'll probably take the family to the dolphins in Nassau. We have a 3-year old DD who isn't permitted on the swim so DW or I will have to do the Experience with her. Then we'll spend most of the day on the ship in Freeport. It's supposed to be a day at sea so I'm going to treat it that way.

Hopkins, I did the regatta in St. Maarten as well. It was great. In fact I'm wearing my Stars and Stripes t-shirt today. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter