• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Freehold Mall Disney store reopened!

SusanWasHere

<font color=green>I'm on the left<br><font color=d
The Disney store at Freehold Mall is finally finished and opened today! I had gotten a card from my Disney Visa saying I could get a free pin while supplies last - so of course I went!:thumbsup2

Got there about 4:30, wasn't crowded at all. The store is very nice. I love the floor - it's a light up walkway. Some nice new merchandise, not as expensive as I thougth it would be. Got a really cute pair of X-Mas themed flannel pjs for $29 for my trip in December! They have that Cars station where you can make your own car like at DD. There were quite a few boys there busy making their cars. It was very cute. :woohoo:

Had a huge screen playing movies, videos, etc. It's now housed under a large gazebo with some room for the kids to sit. They also had some little cave-like things for kids to hide in and play on. Note: a parent wasn't too thrilled bc her kids went in and then wouldn't come out. LOL I'm sure they'll be very popular. :laughing:

They had a ton of X-Mas stuff out. Plushes, ornaments, tree toppers, dishes, etc. I did notice that instead of saying Disney Parks, most of the stuff had Disney Store on it. Even on the feet of some of the plush animals.

They had a bunch of the Vinylmation stuff. Huge boxes full of the Toy Story series.

The CMs were definitely excited to be there. Very peppy and helpful! I think the store looks great and I'm glad it's back! After leaving I was walking around and a woman asked me if I survived the Disney store. She said people were lined up all morning just to get in. She showed me where they had some ropes set up and it was pretty far from the store. She said there were strollers everywhere. LOL - I'm glad I went later. :scared1:

From what I heard the big grand opening is Saturday. First 500 people get Mickey Ears and Minnie and Mickey are supposed to show up. Should be fun!! Anyone else go??:goodvibes

The Disney store at Freehold Mall is finally finished and opened today! I had gotten a card from my Disney Visa saying I could get a free pin while supplies last - so of course I went!:thumbsup2

Got there about 4:30, wasn't crowded at all. The store is very nice. I love the floor - it's a light up walkway. Some nice new merchandise, not as expensive as I thougth it would be. Got a really cute pair of X-Mas themed flannel pjs for $29 for my trip in December! They have that Cars station where you can make your own car like at DD. There were quite a few boys there busy making their cars. It was very cute. :woohoo:

Had a huge screen playing movies, videos, etc. It's now housed under a large gazebo with some room for the kids to sit. They also had some little cave-like things for kids to hide in and play on. Note: a parent wasn't too thrilled bc her kids went in and then wouldn't come out. LOL I'm sure they'll be very popular. :laughing:

They had a ton of X-Mas stuff out. Plushes, ornaments, tree toppers, dishes, etc. I did notice that instead of saying Disney Parks, most of the stuff had Disney Store on it. Even on the feet of some of the plush animals.

They had a bunch of the Vinylmation stuff. Huge boxes full of the Toy Story series.

The CMs were definitely excited to be there. Very peppy and helpful! I think the store looks great and I'm glad it's back! After leaving I was walking around and a woman asked me if I survived the Disney store. She said people were lined up all morning just to get in. She showed me where they had some ropes set up and it was pretty far from the store. She said there were strollers everywhere. LOL - I'm glad I went later. :scared1:

From what I heard the big grand opening is Saturday. First 500 people get Mickey Ears and Minnie and Mickey are supposed to show up. Should be fun!! Anyone else go??:goodvibes

If Minnie and Mickey are going to be at Freehold on Saturday who is going to do the Dream Along with Mickey show at MK? :confused:

Sounds like fun. I wish they would re-do our store, it's the old, old style. Still have the pink and teal scheme.

Are you going to go on Saturday?

You beat me to it! I went there tonight at 5 (didn't see you!) and took a bunch of pics. I'll post when I have more time. I didn't hear anything about Saturday's events. The grand opening information on the Disney VISA card I got said it was today. I'm off to bed! :)

You beat me to it! I went there tonight at 5 (didn't see you!) and took a bunch of pics. I'll post when I have more time. I didn't hear anything about Saturday's events. The grand opening information on the Disney VISA card I got said it was today. I'm off to bed! :)

You must have just missed me bc I was texting my friend about the store as I walked out and it was almost 5! I had thought today was it as well, but my fellow-Disney-freak-friend told me about the Saturday thing. I asked the girl at the register today and she said Saturday was going to be more "grand". :confused3 I don't know if I'm going or not. It would be fun though LOL. :lmao:

Were you able to get your Disney Visa special pins- even going as late as you did?

Cherry Hill opens next Tuesday and we were going to meet there after work- do you think they'll still have the pins left?

Were you able to get your Disney Visa special pins- even going as late as you did?

Cherry Hill opens next Tuesday and we were going to meet there after work- do you think they'll still have the pins left?

Yes! I got my pin! It was a Tink one. Very similar to the trading Tinks you sometimes get from CMs at the park. I asked if they had anything else, but they said no. :laughing:There was a huge container full of them, so I don't think you'll have anything to worry about! Have fun at your opening!! :wizard:

Thanks for letting us know, I'm especially thrilled because that's our local one and its nice to get to know the other DISers from up this way.

Eeek, that sounds so cool. I think I may hold off until our store opens in the city next week, and then take the trip to the Freehold store over Thanksgiving.

Eeek, that sounds so cool. I think I may hold off until our store opens in the city next week, and then take the trip to the Freehold store over Thanksgiving.

I can't wait for the one in NYC to open! I'm sure it's going to be amazing! :thumbsup2

Thanks for the info!!! We're heading there today and I had no idea it was open! You made my day!

Thanks for the info!!! We're heading there today and I had no idea it was open! You made my day!

You're welcome!! How was the opening? I slept in today and have been a lazy bum all day. :thumbsup2 Was it crazy busy??

You're welcome!! How was the opening? I slept in today and have been a lazy bum all day. :thumbsup2 Was it crazy busy??

The store was packed and we had to que to get in! We arrived later in the day so no mouse ears for us and we missed Minnie and Mickey but what an amazing store! LOVED the floor! It has a ton more merchandise than the older store used to have. The CM's were really excited and so helpful. All in all a fabulous experience and we'll be heading back for sure especially with the holidays on the way! It's nice to have the store open again there aren't many ways to get my Disney fix here at the Jersey shore hahaha

The store was packed and we had to que to get in! We arrived later in the day so no mouse ears for us and we missed Minnie and Mickey but what an amazing store! LOVED the floor! It has a ton more merchandise than the older store used to have. The CM's were really excited and so helpful. All in all a fabulous experience and we'll be heading back for sure especially with the holidays on the way! It's nice to have the store open again there aren't many ways to get my Disney fix here at the Jersey shore hahaha

I just realized you're practically my neighbor :) I loved the floor as well! I'm really glad the store is back also, I missed it!! I am so excited to have my X-Mas pjs for my December trip. I'll be going back soon, saw some ornaments I really liked so I'll bring my mom back with me. We are addicted to Disney ornaments! Glad you had a great time!!

If Minnie and Mickey are going to be at Freehold on Saturday who is going to do the Dream Along with Mickey show at MK? :confused:

No worries, they will be at both places...Disney has a special high speed plane that will take them from Jersey to WDW in no time! ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter