• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Freebie Thread for the week of 03/17/2008

I still think it is funny that someone was pissed and sued. I mean come on, read the back of the box and look at the ingredients, make an informed decision to either take THAT or your vitamins!:confused3

Kind of like the hot coffee suit- um, yeah, I KNOW coffee is STEAMING hot- and I take responsibility if I happen to spill it on my who-who:lmao:

I have to say as far as frivolous suits, I have a story that goes with that: This was AFTER the infamous McDonalds hot coffee incident. I ordered a tea from Wendy's drive thru. I pull up to the window and they hand me the cup with cover intact and a tea bag not in the cup. So I pull forward, put the car in park, take off the cover to put in tea bag (I'm not drinking just hot water :laughing: ) and accidentally tip the cup on myself. Not the whole cup, but enough to scald my nether regions :eek: I had 2nd degree burns on my inner legs from that damn cup of coffee :scared1: Now I didn't sue Wendy's and I didn't even go inside to complain, BUT I can understand why someone would. There is NO need for coffee/tea/hot chocolate to be THAT hot!!!

As for the lawsuit for the Airborne I think it has to do with a side effect - loss of sinus function or something. Not real sure but if you google it I'm sure it will pop up.

What was the airborne class action suit for? what it just because of the taste?? I didn't think it was that bad a some time ago, but i haven't had it in a while.

btw are we suppose to post coupons here? :confused3

Hey Silverraindrop!
I thought this was the "Free"bie thread!! I started a thread awhile ago and asked people to post internet printables, but nobody did :sad2:
I dont know if this is the place or if it needs a new thread. I for one like them regardless!! :cool1:

I for 1 don't mind the coupons but personally would only post something really good - like it would be free by using it or close to free as this is the "FREEBIE" thread. I do like the idea of a printable coupon thread but find that there are specific web sites like boodle.com, smartsource.com, and the like that provide most of the online printables through them, so don't know if a thread like that would "survive"

Yeah, it definitely did NOT survive!! But, I really dont mind the coupons being posted as I usually print them off, just in case!! They do help make something free or close to it, especially at CVS!! (yup, another addict here!)
I am truly grateful for all posts that people put up here that help me save money and announce deals I would know nothing about if I didnt see it here! Thank all of you who post deals, freebies or coupons, they are all great!! :worship:

What was the airborne class action suit for? what it just because of the taste?? I didn't think it was that bad a some time ago, but i haven't had it in a while.

btw are we suppose to post coupons here? :confused3

Go for it :thumbsup2 - I post coupons. If someone does not want the coupon, they can skip over that post:idea:

It is disgusting!
vomit-smiley-9529.gif

I'd rather be sick than take that stuff every day.

Isn't it amazing that someone can mix vitamins with Alka-seltzer and make a million bucks?

I actually didn't mind it when I tried it but it did kinda reminded me of Alka-seltzer (however, i have never actually tried alka-seltzer). I was expecting the worst when I tried it though so that might have helped. lol

I think it was b/c they claimed something that was not true- False advertising.

I found this on one of the sites about the lawsuit.

What happens when you make a product that promises to “boost your immune system” and ward off colds? You make a ton of money, if it actually boosts your immune system and wards off colds. When you make that promise and don’t actually do that, at least anymore than a sugar pill placebo, then you are called Airborne and you settle for $23.3 million for false advertising. I’ve never taken the stuff, mostly because it looks like a nasty orange mixture and because I didn’t believe it, but a lot of people did and if you are one of those people, you are entitled to a piece of the settlement.

IAHD-so we have another FREAP that has burned her hoo-hoo! I see an ugly pattern developing here.:rotfl2: As for hot tea or coffee, if it isn't nuclear hot I don't like it.:sad2: I can't stand coffee that doesn't burn the hide off my tongue. So there are freaks out there that really like it hot.:scared1:

Free sample of Skin Food - 1st 1000

http://www.harpersbazaar.com/sweepstakes/3938

be sure to check no if you don't want a subscription!!!!!

Gift of the Month: A Five-Course Meal For Your Skin - HarpersBazaar.com/Weleda

Beautiful skin starts with ingredients from beautiful farms. That's why Weleda grows sunflower seeds, pansies, rosemary, chamomile, and calendula for their amazing skin food. Now they want to pass on the fruits of their labor to you. Register here for a free sample of Skin Food, formulated with organic and biodynamic ingredients.*

Weleda. Cultivating Beauty Since 1921. For more information, visit cultivatingbeauty.com.

*Quantities limited, while supplies last. Allow 6-8 weeks for delivery.

NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.

No purchase necessary. Gift of the Month: Weleda. Sponsored by Hearst Communications, Inc. Starts 3/18/08 at 12:01 AM ET and ends 4/14/2008 at 11:59 PM ET. The first 1,000 entries received by Hearst Communications, Inc. will get a sample of Weleda Skin Food. A notice will be posted on HarpersBazaar.com/Weleda when Hearst Communications, Inc. has received 1,000 entries. Must be age of majority in their state of residence at time of entry and a resident of the 48 contiguous United States or the District of Columbia. Void in Puerto Rico, Canada, and where prohibited by law. Limit one entry per household.

IAHD-so we have another FREAP that has burned her hoo-hoo! I see an ugly pattern developing here.:rotfl2: As for hot tea or coffee, if it isn't nuclear hot I don't like it.:sad2: I can't stand coffee that doesn't burn the hide off my tongue. So there are freaks out there that really like it hot.:scared1:

Me too! I love my coffee HOT! And I do not like when it gets too warm- But- I will not put it in the microwave to heat it up- yuk!:scared: I have to get a fresh cup.

ugh- did this every happen to anyone- you leave your coffee sitting and you do not realize how much time has passed and you take a sip and it is ICE COLD!:scared1: eeeek!

Me too! I love my coffee HOT! And I do not like when it gets too warm- But- I will not put it in the microwave to heat it up- yuk!:scared: I have to get a fresh cup.

ugh- did this every happen to anyone- you leave your coffee sitting and you do not realize how much time has passed and you take a sip and it is ICE COLD!:scared1: eeeek!

That is the worst! Happens to me all the time, you forget how long ago you poured it and then it is awful!:scared1:

Free 2 wk supply Clinique Lash Power mascara

Say Eye Do Voter Sweepstakes - 3/31/08

http://www.brides.com/promotions/clinique

Vote for a story. You can be a wedding guest (don't have to be getting married) and don't forget to click the first checkbox (Yes! Please send me a free sample of Lash Power Mascara....while supplies last)

Your FREE two-week supply should arrive in 6 to 8 weeks. This innovative formula lasts through rain, sweat, humidity and tears—yet removes easily with warm water.

18+, US, one entry per person/email address per day. Vote for your favorite story. Ends March 31, 2008 @ 11:59pm ET

Post-it® Flags

Complete the information below to receive your free sample of Post-it® Flags. You can also sign up to receive great offers from Post-it® Perks by clicking the box below. If you are already a Post-it® Perks member, you do not need to check the box.

Thank you for requesting a free sample of Post-it® Flags. You should receive your sample in 6-8 weeks.

I want to throw my thoughts on the coupons into the ring ! I like coupons and don't mind them being posted here, BUT... I do think that since a lot of them come from the same place, maybe just ONE post with a link to that sight (maybe with a list of the better coupons for the week) and those who are interested can go there and get them...instead of many posts to the same sight...??? Just a thought :confused3

Host a Big Drive House Party, and you could help give away two Ford cars and $25,000 to help people in need.

New houseparty.com party. This one may only be for Ford owners? Not sure, but it says you host a party with the stuff they send you and watch Opra's Big Give. 10 parties decide who in their community will get a new Ford.

I want to throw my thoughts on the coupons into the ring ! I like coupons and don't mind them being posted here, BUT... I do think that since a lot of them come from the same place, maybe just ONE post with a link to that sight (maybe with a list of the better coupons for the week) and those who are interested can go there and get them...instead of many posts to the same sight...??? Just a thought :confused3

Sounds good:thumbsup2 I do not post many coupons but if I do I will put them in one post!:banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter