Free Wifi in Disney - does it work for Canadians?

One question....

When they say there is wifi at EPCOT do they mean wifi everywhere or that there are certain 'hotspots'?

I used Wifi at Epcot just about everywhere...

In fact, I can't think of anywhere it didn't work...

I was even getting strong signals down the tunnel in Soain'

They shouldn't advertise it if it's not very good at times. My GF's husband has to have internet & access to his emails for work while he's away. He bought a data plan for while they were away & said they would have been in trouble if he didn't buy it & only relied on Disney's.

I had to go into the common areas to use my wifi & still wasn't great. It was ok if you were near the main building though. We were in building 7 & only late at night would I have a signal & it wasn't very good. I would find if I was in a hotspot all of a sudden my phone would start going off because it would finally connect. I'm not complaining since I didn't need it except to communicate with my friend who was there at the same time, but it wasn't very good IMO. I was using a BB.

My GF tried to change reservations for her dinner one night with her BB & it took her an hour, finally she ended up just using the phone & calling in the change.

The thing is, they are just advertising that they now have it. They haven't advertised that they have the strongest signal, or that it will be uninterupted. they have free wifi. Which is something they have not had before. you've always had to pay for a connection.

and as the poster just prior to this states, if it weren't for so many people 'needing' to be on such useless forums letting the world know what they are eating or doing at any given moment, maybe the signal wouldn't be so bad.

For those that 'have' to have internet for work, then just pay for connection. If you can not go on vacation, to actually get away from work, which is usually why people go on vacation, then don't rely on wifi, its never a gaurantee. Doesn't matter where you are. Not just Disney. Ive had issues with it in lots of places. If you need internet, then pay for it. You won't have a problem then.

And if your friend spent an hour of her time waiting for the wifi to work, then she's a fool for doing so. She could have gone to a desk, guest services, and spent a 1/4 of the time. What a waste.

I took my tablet to AKV - Kidani Village in January and Jambo House a couple of weeks ago - and the in-room internet wasn't good at all. It was kind of frustrating. There were two different Disney guest wifi connections - one for in-room, and a different one for the lobby.
When I really wanted to be online, I headed to the lobby where it worked perfectly.

I'm using now at the Poly and it has been very good. No problems at all connecting and the speed has been great. Used in MK and Epcot the last couple of days and have connected quickly and done everything I want. The speed has been fine.

You do have to make sure you are logged in though. You can be seeing full bar signal but not be able to surf. That's because on first connection it gives you an address but no DNS info. It sends the DNS address after you acknowledge the login screen.

Connect and login and it's fine.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter