• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

free wifi at KINDNI villas?

FantasiaMagic

DIS Veteran
This has probably been asked but just wondering - Is there free wifi in the kindani villas? If so how is it? Thanks in advance DISers! pixiedust:

I was at kidani the first week of June. The wifi was unreliable at best. I think it is going to take some time work out the problems. We found the wifi to be problematic at the boardwalk too.

I was also at Kidani Village the first week of June and couldn't once get online on my laptop.
My phone always said that it had Wi-Fi service and a 3G network, but my computer might as well have been searching on Mars.

Hopefully the problems have been worked out by now- I'm not sure if the Wi-Fi would have been better in the lobby. I never really needed the internet, but am assuming if I had moved it might have worked better.

Good luck!

I was also at Kidani Village the first week of June and couldn't once get online on my laptop.
My phone always said that it had Wi-Fi service and a 3G network, but my computer might as well have been searching on Mars.

Hopefully the problems have been worked out by now- I'm not sure if the Wi-Fi would have been better in the lobby. I never really needed the internet, but am assuming if I had moved it might have worked better.

Good luck!

Good to know - like you said i really don't NEED to use the internet but its just nice to have - hopefully it will be fixed! Thanks for the help!:goodvibes

Hopefully they will get it fixed.

We were there the first week of June and it didn't work at all, really.

You could still get wifi in the library/lobby, but in the room it would connect and just die.

It was better back in the day when I just plugged in my own router. 100% better. As in worked vs. doesn't work better.

But I'm confident they will work it out. They probably already have.

FWIW, it was the same thing at the beach club villas the week before.

I called about it at Kidani and they said it was "resort-wide" and I assumed they meant "Walt Disney World Resort-Wide" but my wife suggested that they meant "Kidani-wide."

We were there the first weekend of June and didn't have any problem with getting it in our room. We didn't try it out anywhere else in the resort though.

Quick question:

Is there still a "wired" option in your room? Or have they disabled the network ports and removed the network cable?

Problems with internet connections would be somewhat "bad" for me. Even on vacation, I'm sort of "on call" and need to have somewhat reliable access to the net (and our employee web portal), just in case.

I've got no issue having to use a wired connection (I've just brought my own wireless travel router in the past, though) if I have to.....provided it's still there.

I am at Kidani right now and the wireless has worked perfectly...and I'm staying pretty far from the lobby. We brought our wireless router just in case, but the wired connection doesn't seem to be working in our room, so if the wireless was down I'm not sure I could have gotten that to work.

I've also connected my phone at the pool, so it appears to be working in various places

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter