• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free WiFi at BWV?

suzyqqq27

Mouseketeer
We stayed at BWV last year in October and I'm sure we had free WiFi (we're members) but my sister just got back from the Treehouse Villas and she said that her husband had to pay for their WiFi (they're also members). So, I'm wondering if it's still free for members? We're staying at BWV again.

Let me know please,
Suzanne

No free wifi. The villas only have wired internet via an ethernet cable that is provided. If you want wifi, you'll need to bring your own wireless router. Members get free wired internet. If they charge you, just bring them the bill and show them your blue member card.

The WiFi at all WDW resorts is billed at $9.95 per 24 hours for all Guests. The signal can usually be picked up in the common areas of the resort, pool and lobby areas.

No free wifi. The villas only have wired internet via an ethernet cable that is provided. If you want wifi, you'll need to bring your own wireless router. Members get free wired internet. If they charge you, just bring them the bill and show them your blue member card.

We also had this issue, as we were at SS for our last visit. Would you happen to know how to connect a router to their network to send out a signal? I have thought of bringing our own router but am unsure as to how to set it up. I have set ours up in the home. Also, just to provide further information, we were told that wifi is only offered at business/convention hubs on property. These are Boardwalk area and one other which, at this point, I cannot recall but is a hotel, NOT vacation club resort, possibly Carribbean Beach.

We are also membrs and it was a bit fustrating not to have an wifi network set up, especially during the VERY rainy week we were there in August! Thanks in advance for you help!:surfweb:

We also had this issue, as we were at SS for our last visit. Would you happen to know how to connect a router to their network to send out a signal? I have thought of bringing our own router but am unsure as to how to set it up. I have set ours up in the home. Also, just to provide further information, we were told that wifi is only offered at business/convention hubs on property. These are Boardwalk area and one other which, at this point, I cannot recall but is a hotel, NOT vacation club resort, possibly Carribbean Beach.

We are also membrs and it was a bit fustrating not to have an wifi network set up, especially during the VERY rainy week we were there in August! Thanks in advance for you help!:surfweb:

Wifi in the following public areas according to AllEars (it's missing new info for Bay Lake Tower, which offers wifi in the lobby and pool area as well as the Top of the World Lounge):

Beach Club

Main Lobby
Stone Harbor Club Concierge Lounge
Stormalong Bay Pool Area

BoardWalk

Convention Center Hallways/Common Areas
Main Lobby
Luna Park Swimming Pool Area
Inn Keepers Club Concierge Lounge
Bellevue Lounge

Contemporary

Main Lobby
Tower Club 14th Floor Concierge Lounge
Outer Rim Bar
1st Floor Convention Center Lobby
2nd Floor Convention Center Lobby
Main Pool

Coronado Springs

Main Hotel Lobby
Convention Center Lobby area
The Dig Site Pool
Francisco's Lounge

Dolphin

Lobby Bar
Outside at Cabana Grill (near pool)

Ft. Wilderness

Reception Outpost Internet Cafe
Meadows Trading Post
Crockett's Tavern

Grand Floridian

1st Floor Lobby area including Garden View Lounge
Royal Palm Club 4th Floor Concierge area

Swan

Wi-Fi in the lobby area across from the Business Center Desk through a separate vendor that charges per minute or through a longer-time plan. Ask at the hotel's Business Center for details.

Yacht Club

Main Lobby area
Regatta Club Concierge Lounge
Stormalong Bay Pool

Okay - so I can just plug something into my laptop and have an internet connection from my room at BWV?

Okay - so I can just plug something into my laptop and have an internet connection from my room at BWV?

Yes, there is an ethernet cable provided. The cable isn't long (6 feet, maybe?) so if you don't want to be tethered to the desk, bring a longer cable.

We are also members and it was a bit fustrating not to have an wifi network set up, especially during the VERY rainy week we were there in August! Thanks in advance for you help!:surfweb:

If you are talking about setting up wireless in your room, you might consider buying a pocket wireless modem such as the D-Link pocket wireless modem. It is small and easy to travel with. You set it up at home just like your existing modem so that it has all the same set up and access codes and security password as the ones you are using now and thus it will communicate with your laptop and then when you take it with you just plug it in and hook it up via an ethernet cable to the ethernet outlet in the room and you should be able to use your laptop in the room. Note when setting it up you should consider disabling the "Wireless SSID Broadcast" which will allow your computer to still communicate with it but it will not pop up on computers of guests in in other rooms as a wireless access system in the area.

If you are talking about setting up wireless in your room, you might consider buying a pocket wireless modem such as the D-Link pocket wireless modem. It is small and easy to travel with. You set it up at home just like your existing modem so that it has all the same set up and access codes and security password as the ones you are using now and thus it will communicate with your laptop and then when you take it with you just plug it in and hook it up via an ethernet cable to the ethernet outlet in the room and you should be able to use your laptop in the room. Note when setting it up you should consider disabling the "Wireless SSID Broadcast" which will allow your computer to still communicate with it but it will not pop up on computers of guests in in other rooms as a wireless access system in the area.

Thank you for the GREAT information! Would you have direct experience setting up/using this router or any other? I am most concerned with ease of set up. Also, would you have any other tips for me? This will be the first time I would be setting up anything other than a wireless network at home. Thank you, again for the information!:thumbsup2

My mistake...we were talking about two different things. I just wanted free internet access - I forgot that we were "plugged in" last year. I don't care about that. Why my brother-in-law would pay $9.95 a day to not be plugged in is beyond me. I just want access to e-mail and internet banking while I'm there.

Thanks for all your help,
Suzanne

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter