• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Free Wifi at any Eastern Caribbean ports?

Does anyone know if there is free wifi anywhere on St Maarten or St Thomas?

If you do an internet search for "Free wifi (name of port)" you'll find many hits telling you where they are.

Or, if you can wait until you are onboard, the CMs will usually know where they are.

At the beach just off the ship in St. Maarten all of the little bars along the beach offer free wifi. We got 2 beach chairs, 1 umbrella, 6 beers, use of the bathroom, and the wifi for $20. On St. Thomas we did the Megan's Bay beach day so did not stay in town or go shopping.

i was looking at the camera early this morning and i saw that dream wasn't there so i was curious if they didn't stop then now i star it watching the camera from nassau and the dream was getting to the port i wonder if they gonna spent the night there does anyone know any info

i was looking at the camera early this morning and i saw that dream wasn't there so i was curious if they didn't stop then now i star it watching the camera from nassau and the dream was getting to the port i wonder if they gonna spent the night there does anyone know any info

She was due into port at 9:30. Maybe there were delays due to Tropical Storm Bertha (currently in the eastern Caribbean)?

Does anyone know if there is free wifi anywhere on St Maarten or St Thomas?

I'm not sure where you call home, but my US Mobile connected as if in the states at St. Thomas (AT&T) so I did not pay any kind of International roaming charges for data usage there.

Bad *** Coffee Shop at Yacht Haven Grande. About a 10-15 min walk from the ship.

We travelled this itinerary in March. One of our sons was recovering from orthopedic surgery and was limited in what he could do, and had his power chair, which limited our shore options.

In St. Thomas, do as the CMs do...the Guest Services CMs shared their plans - when they have time off, many of them disembark, and make their way to the local Chinese restaurant (straight across the buys road). The food was good, and if you spend $10, you get a wifi code. There was a group of them at a corner table - looked a little weird, all of them sitting together, all of them on their devices!

After months in hospital...free wifi and good food, with a little sun on the side, was just what our teenaged son wanted!

In St. Maartin, we took the water taxi, and eventually chose one of the restaurant/bars, again for the free wifi. We ordered ice cream and drinks, no stated minimum, but we probably had ordered plenty after my husband and other son arrived. It worked out well, we surfed the net, they had fun in the surf!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter