Free Upgrade

Hmm I wonder if I accidentally deleted it with the Spam..I just delete my spam and don't look..how can I find out? would it be strange if I just called and asked?

Hmm I wonder if I accidentally deleted it with the Spam..I just delete my spam and don't look..how can I find out? would it be strange if I just called and asked?

It would be just my luck... an upgrade and I blindly delete it! HAHA!!!
Oh well, I guess that would mean it wasn't meant to be! Everyone that did get the upgrade - :hug: CONGRATS that is truly wonderful!! :hug:

I haven't received anything either, our reservations say Walt Disney Travel Company. I booked on the phone. Did those of you who received upgrade offers book online?

I got the same offer for a solo trip I'm taking 2/6-2/13. I figured it was so I would listen to the spiel about DVC. I haven't replied yet, but it sounds like there's not catch, so I guess I should. BTW, my offer was in my spam folder, not the regulalr folder where I've gotten other info about my reservation.

Thanks to the OP for bringing up this topic.

DVC doesn't do hard sales like that. It isn't like some of the typical timeshares where you get a reduced rate to stay there if you sit through their three hour presentation. I believe they tend to do this when they have either overbooked (for some reason) or are having some maintenance done to a resort.

Heck, I'm tempted to book a quick weekend away at the Pop to see if we can get a one bedroom for the same price.

Just curious..if you book through a TA would you get an offer for an upgrade or do they only give them to those who book on their own?

This is the offer that I got (we originally booked ASMu)... it sounds like you didn't have to pay for your free upgrade though... I'm guessing you had room only or a package that had park tickets included already?

We weren't given the option of OKW (even though it was in the email), she just said "You're going to SSR..."

I think I need to call back and see if they can switch me to OKW.

Thanks for the advice. I was just worried as one year, DH and I were down in Orlando, off-site, and we got suckered into touring a vacation resort in order to receive free Disney tickets, and it ended up taking 1/2 day! Plus, they really pressured us, and we have both said, "Never again!" Disney probably realizes that if we are staying @ budget, that we can't afford DVC membership, which is true!! Wish we could, but not the case...

DVC doesn't do the hard pressure sales approach that you find everywhere else. Don't let that fear dissuade you from taking the upgrade.

Sounds like everyone is upgrading to OKW versus Saratoga. Can I ask why?

We were upgraded from a moderate to SSR studio a few years ago. DD, who was 13 at the time, didn't care for SSR and would have preferred staying at POFQ. I thought SSR was fine. I loved having the extra room, larger refrigerator, and access to Community Hall. The resort was really spread out and I missed the compactness of POFQ. While I would never tell anyone to not stay at SSR, I don't see us going back there.

OKW is the original DVC property and the rooms are larger than the newer DVC properties. Given an opportunity for an OKW 1 bedroom, I'd jump on that. Have never stayed here, but would love the extra room and laundry in the suite.

After having stayed in a 1BR for the first time, I'd jump at the opportunity. We stayed at OKW during Christmas and we loved the extra space and washer and dryer.

Maybe they give you the offer knowing that some won't ever be happy with a regular hotel room again.

A few years ago when I called to reserve POR, the CM offered me a FW cabin for $129. a night and I politely told her no thank you. I regret that decision because that was most likely the only chance I will have to stay at FW at such a reduced price.

Don't let the opportunity pass you by. You may never have it again.

I have to agree; I was upgraded from POR to a studio at SSR last year on the 4/3 deal. Although I ended up being disappointed, for the most part it was a nice change of pace. I really enjoyed having a balcony; something nice that I don't get at POR. But relatively speaking, I would not go back, but it was wonderful to experience something different.

That's awesome!! I also booked through at TA (my uncle) so not sure if they offer upgrades through TA's but I don't see why they wouldn't contact him about the upgrade, I'm sure he would accept for us, especially since we have 3 kids...LOL!

Have fun...8 days for us!!!

I am really keeping my fingers crossed at receiving a pin during my up coming vacation in August. I received on in 2009 and we stayed in a 1 bdrm villa at SSR...I would love to try OKW this year...they are seriously going to make me consider get DVC...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter