Free upgrade to OKW or SSR, but no car??

I've NEVER gotten a pin until today!!!! We had originally booked for All-Star Sports, and it was going to be about $600/each with free dining....now, DBF has decided to go, we're staying in a 1-br at SS, kept our free dining, and now it's only $539/each!!!!

My luck has finally changed!

Oh, and my due date isn't until 8/21...had my cc out, too, to pay the balance. CM didn't mention anything.

I just got off the phone...

I am part of a 3 room grand gathering (GG) where one party got the offer and the other two did not. And they moved to OKW.

At first the GG CM seemed defensive about getting the other two rooms the offer and put me on hold. Then came back and acknowledged this was an issue and to call back tonight as they will allow them to apply the code to upto 3 GG rooms then.

She then asked if I had the PIN. I said yes. And she was able to get me into OKW!

The she tried the 3rd room and said she could not do it because OKW studios were sold out.

She moved the 3rd party to SSR.

I then asked to move the other two parties to SSR.

After a while (and on hold) the CM came back and said its all done. We are all in SSR... which is great as I am thinking of buying SSR on resale...

Ok got my confirmation email- we got a studio and not a 1 BR. I wonder why some got the 1BR and others the studio? I'm still excited, but we really could have used that living room with DD there. She could have had her own "room" to sleep in. Oh well! Still getting an awesome upgrade!

Does anybody being charged to choose between studio (completely free) or 1br with a small charge?

I got the same offer for our 9/26-9/29 stay at POP. I have the same questions too...Has anyone ever done this? Is it really "FREE", or are there catches?

Took over 30 minutes of waiting but got the free upgrade to OKW AND since when I booked Pop they only had perferred rooms I got a refund :yay:of $121.66 in addition to my free upgrade.:cool1:

We got the upgrade to a 1BR @ OKW. According to the CM, it was the last one bedroom available, so anyone calling after will be getting the studio.

We were able to keep the free dining.

I figure the upgrade was worth over $2400 based on the rack rates of the two rooms and tax.

Perhaps it was the last one bedroom available for your dates because I called about an hour ago and got a one bedroom villa at OKW for our dates! Sooo excited!!

I found out why! We had a standard room at ASMo and changed to 1br!!! Anyways I got a 1br, for $16 extra a day!!!! WHAT A GREAT BIRTHDAY THIS WILL BE!!!

I have heard of people calling to see if there is a pin code associated with their reservation. I wonder if that would work in this situation. We have two rooms at PoP for 27 Sep - 03 Oct and it would be great if we could turn those two into a two bedroom villa...

I know keep dreaming! :rotfl:

Anyone know if you can get these if you booked through a TA? I booked through CAA, could I get a pin or could my TA be contacted?

Think I'm clutching at straws here!!! :rotfl:

i called and got SSR Studio - but am noticing a bunch getting 1 BR. While I'm very thankful for the studio upgrade do you think it would be rude and ungrateful to call a CM and see if a 1 BR is possible?

i called and got SSR Studio - but am noticing a bunch getting 1 BR. While I'm very thankful for the studio upgrade do you think it would be rude and ungrateful to call a CM and see if a 1 BR is possible?

I'm calling right now to find out only because studios have 1 queen bed and a sofa bed at ssr.:goodvibes

I'm calling right now to find out only because studios have 1 queen bed and a sofa bed.:goodvibes

My only thought is that since I'll be almost 7 months pregnant that a king size bed (like we have at home) would be a heck of a lot nicer for my hubby since I am having to sleep with like 6 pillows :-)

CM said that the 1BR is only popping up for certain date he believes since some get it and some don't. He checked for our dates and only studios popped up, but he said it wouldn't hurt to maybe call back and check later maybe...

I posted to another thread before I found this one - and now I'm kinda upset. I got the pin email at exactly 1pm. Called right after reading it, was on hold for 10 minutes, then after 10 minutes of searching the CM said there were no rooms left for my dates! :sad:

I feel kinda jipped. Because after finding this thread I see people are still getting rooms. WTH? :mad: Do you guys think I should call back and try another CM?

I posted to another thread before I found this one - and now I'm kinda upset. I got the pin email at exactly 1pm. Called right after reading it, was on hold for 10 minutes, then after 10 minutes of searching the CM said there were no rooms left for my dates! :sad:

I feel kinda jipped. Because after finding this thread I see people are still getting rooms. WTH? :mad: Do you guys think I should call back and try another CM?

couldn't hurt to try right?

YAY!!!!! Saw this page when it was still on page one jumped off and checked my email and there was a PIN!! Upgraded our whole family to a studio and a 1 bedroom no charge for either at SSR! YAY! I never get codes! Thank everyone for posting or I may never have checked my email unil tonight :cool1::cool1::cool1::yay::yay::yay:They acted like they were not going to do it sinceI booked a room for my mom (in her name) and a room for me and my kids but I paid for both after putting me on hold they cam e back and said they would do it for all of us

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter