Free Upgrade to CSR from Pop!!

Bouncing4Tigger said:
Congrats on the upgrade! I work for the Disney store and one of our Cast Members at one of our other stores got an upgrade too. She got upgraded from the All Stars to the Grand Floridian! I would love just an upgrade within the resort, nevemind to another resort. I know I would never get that lucky.

That is great for your friend. I was so shocked about the offer, had it been something even better like your friends, I probably would've passed out. Strangly enough, my husband is an ex-CM one year now and worked for the Disney catalog store for 8 years before it was sold last year. This was the first time we've ever paid rack-rate (part of package requirement) since 1997. I secretly wondered, maybe that is why, who knows.

I, too, am DVC but we are staying at Pop twice in September for the free dining. It would be fun to be upgraded, just because I'll have to buy a coffeepot in order to exist at Pop (can't get out of bed before I've had my cuppa) and my friend is diabetic and needs a fridge....but since I've never been upgraded before in 30 years of visits, I'm thinking I won't hold my breath.

But it would be magical!

So happy for you! It is always great to hear that Disney is still #1 for customer satisfaction!

On one of our trips to the World we decided to find a hotel onsite after being on a lovely 7 day cruise. We extended our vacation by another week and thought we would visit Disney. So we drove from post-cruise Miami to Orlando without any hotel arrangements. This is something we had never done before but it was a last minute decision.

We drove up to the Boardwalk Hotel and hubby went in to inquire about a rate for the next week starting that night. He must have had a CM who was having a bad day because he came back to the car upset. He said that CM made him feel badly for arriving without ressies so he walked out.

We drove over to Wilderness Lodge and again attempted to get a room. This time our whole family went inside. (kiddies needed to use potty by this point :teeth: ) We had a lovely CM who checked room availability not only at WL but anywhere that we wanted onsite. :lovestruc

We had agreed to stay at the WL since we were already there and booked a standard room. CM stepped into the back office and returned with a manager who offered us a Free upgrade to Concierge level. We were stunned and accepted immediately!

This CM never once complained about having to do all this work for us in trying to find us a room onsite. We tipped graciously and enjoyed an amazing week at the World!!!

I love reading this thread. My secret dream for our upcoming trip at the POP was that we might get an upgrade to a moderate or a monorail resort. Those resorts are so convenient for me in my ECV. Don't get me wrong. I'm excited about staying at the POP for our first time. I'm sure we'll have a fabulous trip. It's just so cool to hear about all the pixie dust flying at the World!!! I love it.

As my friend nursetink says, a bad day at Disney is better than a good day anywhere else!!!

Here's to the pixie dust!

n2mm said:
No special occasion. This was just an ad hoc trip. We have a trip planned for October (2 weeks) and are DVC members. We added this trip when they announced the free ddp. I'm not sure why we were upgraded, but I too thought, I bet they are overbooked. I didn't ask as I was in shock because when we stay at a delux resort we know there is a possiblity that we might get upgraded, but knew checking into Pop there was nothing to upgrade us too. Boy were we wrong. Did I mention that we also got extra ddp credits because there was a mix up and they didn't take the credits off, even though we told them we had too many.

What requests did you have on your ressie!

FeeFeeWhite said:
What requests did you have on your ressie!

The only request we had was guaranteed non-smoking room (medical) and a king room. We actually got our room assigned. The CM logged in and said you got all of your requests (non-smoking/king), and then he said, but your room is not ready right now. We said no problem as it was noon, and never expected it to be. Then he appeared to be reading something on the screen and excused himself into the back. When he reappeared he said that there is a note on our file that we "were selected to be upgraded to another resort". He said we could choose to stay at pop and still have our room when it was ready, or we could accept their offer to upgrade. Of course, you know what we did. I would be curious if any other disboard members got upgraded too, because in the back of my mind I kept thinking that they oversold the resort, so if that's true hopefully others will be reporting back soon.

Amazing!!

I am now secretly hoping that we are offered an upgrade. I absolutely loved staying at the CBR last year!

Anyone have any idea how that works? :confused3

We_Love_Disney said:
Amazing!!

I am now secretly hoping that we are offered an upgrade. I absolutely loved staying at the CBR last year!

Anyone have any idea how that works? :confused3
It's all luck, right time, right place. Here's some pixie dust for you! pixiedust:

Buzz2001 said:
It's all luck, right time, right place. Here's some pixie dust for you! pixiedust:
It's totally random. Don't place all your hopes in getting one. Just let it happen.

oh wow how exciting, I have never been before and will be on sept 18-24 and an upgrade would be nice but we are not expecting it. So glad you got a little of the disney magic.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter