• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

free tickets to Kennedy Space Center

dpuck1998 said:
Keep asking and keep pushing. Feel free to have them contact an office you know has given out the tickets. I had to direct my rep to another rep in Texas to check into it.

The tickets are free for Kennedy in FL. Your response mentions Houston, so maybe those are not free. This thread is about FL.

Sorry meant to quote the post before this one.

love280mickey said:
The tickets are free for Kennedy in FL. Your response mentions Houston, so maybe those are not free. This thread is about FL.

Sorry meant to quote the post before this one.

Do you have to give a specific date? Not sure if we'd used the tics before or after the cruise. And you send an email to the congressman(woman)?

I read somewhere that many of the services of the space program are being privitized due to budget restrictions. Perhaps this could lead to cancellation or restriction of free tickets. :confused3

Do you have to give a specific date? Not sure if we'd used the tics before or after the cruise. And you send an email to the congressman(woman)?

Yes, the passes are limited and so you need to specify a date.

Yes, many have been able to contact their congressional office via email or submitting a contact form on the rep's web site.

love280mickey said:
If you ever wondered what all the free tickets included, here's the reply I got today confirming my tickets from our Congressman in NC:

When you arrive at the KSC Visitor Complex parking lot you will see booths at the entrance to the parking lot. Tell the parking lot attendant you are a guest of NASA (it would be helpful if you would print out this correspondence). As a comp'd guest of NASA the parking fee will be waived. After parking, proceed to the “Will Call” window where you will tell them your confirmation number and you will be provided your complimentary admission tickets.

Tickets may be picked up any time after 9:00 a.m. on the day of the tour. The Center opens at 9:00 a.m. The bus tours begin running at 9:45 a.m., and run every 15 minutes. Tour passes will be held at the Visitor Center and should be picked up as soon as possible, but no later than 2:00 p.m., to ensure that you do not miss the tour. These tickets include:

• Admission to the Main Complex, including all exhibits and shows

• Bus tour, which includes the LC-39 Observation Gantry, International Space Station Center and the Apollo Saturn V Center

• Opportunity to see both IMAX Movies

• Visit to the U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame, which includes the museum of personal artifacts and interactive activity floor simulators

• A second day free for use at the U.S. Astronaut Hall of Fame® - must be used within seven days

An interactive map of the KSC Visitor Center Complex can be found at the following Internet site: http://www.kennedyspacecenter.com/html/ksc_vc.htm.

We hope you enjoy your visit to the Kennedy Space Center.

I did not get a lot of this info- thank you so much!

It's great to know parking will be free.

Just requested tickets for day we get off ship. Where should we stay?? We check in at AKL-Jambo House on Sunday but need somewhere to stay on Saturday when we disembark and hopefully go see Kenendy Space Center. Could see if I could do cruise and Snooze package with stay at the end instead of the start of cruise.....

(From Virginia) I called Monday and made the request; got an email yesterday saying that we had been approved to get tickets!

Does anyone know what the proper timing is for ticket requests? We are hoping to visit before our February 2014 cruise. Do we need to request during the same year?

We were just told we have Tickets for June! :banana::banana:

I've tried the last two cruises with no luck, 3rd times a charm! :woohoo:

I received this response today.

You taught me something new today! I’ve been scheduling tours for Congressman Foster’s office for over a month now, and this is the first I’ve heard of a Kennedy Space Center tour. It’s a very neat program! However, the number you included in your email no longer belongs to Lisa Gibbons, and when I spoke to someone in the visitor’s center, she told me it was only possible to book a tour 3 months or fewer in advance. If you’d like to check back in May, we would be happy to reach out to them again. Alternatively, if you have a different contact for Ms. Gibbons, and she has confirmed that it is possible to schedule a tour more than 3 months in advance, I can get in touch with her.

Does anybody know who replaced Lisa Gibbons at NASA to update that contact? This is also the first I am hearing of the 3 month window

TIA,
Lori

I have read many, but not all 32 pages of this post...

Has anyone from Georgia had any luck with tickets? I haven't heard anything from the US Rep that I emailed about a month ago.

I resent my request last week and I did hear today from 1 of the 3 offices that I contacted. The staff person was very friendly in his response but said he was trying to find out more about the program because he had never heard of it. Fingers crossed for tickets!

I am from Georgia and requested tickets for this May and was told they did not have any available. :confused3 Glad everyone else is getting tickets tho. I did find out however that if you are an educator in the state of Georgia or Florida you can bring a copy of your teaching certificate and get yourself and one other in for free. I guess two free tickets out of 7 are better than none.
Drischar let me know if you have any luck and when you were able to get ticket for if you could.

I got a call today from Congressman Brooks' office, as follow up to my email from about 2 weeks ago. The staffer said "I looked at Kennedy Space Center tours, and those aren't free. So there is nothing we can do. I can give you the website, if you want."

I then explained to her about the DISBoard, and how folks from around the country are getting free tix from their congressman. She said "Oh, I see. Well, as far as I know, we don't have any of those. I'll ask around though."

So it sounds like no luck from north Alabama.
Glad others are having success!

Just got an email response to my inquiry for tickets in April. They forwarded the email they got from NASA that said they are out through June but are taking requests for July and August. This is the email they used to contact NASA: hq-congressionalrequest@mail.nasa.gov. Just thought I'd pass that along! Maybe someone will get lucky this summer :-)

I have read many, but not all 32 pages of this post...

Has anyone from Georgia had any luck with tickets? I haven't heard anything from the US Rep that I emailed about a month ago.

I requested them a couple of years ago, I got a response, but they did not know what I was talking about. :confused3 If you find anything out, let me know. Maybe we will try again this year.

Here is the final response I received on Feb 13, 2013. Worth a try and I'll know to make a request earlier if there is a 'next time'.

Thank you for your interest in Kennedy Space Center tickets. Although this is not something we usually submit ticket requests for, I have made an inquiry into NASA’s Office of Legislative & Intergovernmental Affairs on your behalf. Unfortunately, they are completely booked through June for complimentary tickets, with July tickets being the earliest available. I’m sorry our office couldn’t help you get tickets through them, but if there’s anything else our office could assist you with, please don’t hesitate to ask.

Best,

Tom Beyer

Staff Assistant

Office of Congressman Rob Woodall (GA-7)

Phone: 202-225-4272

Fax: 202-225-4696

Just wondering if anyone from NC has ever gotten the free tickets? Also, can someone post a sample letter they sent that got approved?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter