Free tickets in the mail?? Anyone else? Is this old news?

MateasMom

<font color=teal>We're Mimis junkies<br><font colo
I got a call from a friend today that she recieved a free hopper pass in the mail! She had called a few other people and EVERYONE had recieved them but me. Hmmm. So I called my mom and she said that the neighbor mentioned it to her yesterday, but my parents didn't get one either.

Anyways, is this old news? I guess it's 1 free hopper for use during the Halloween celebration. So crazy. I assume my parents and I didn't get them because we have annual passes....but this must have been some mass mailing to everyone that DOESNT have an annual pass or something as it seems like everyone around here recieved them but us.

As far as we've been able to figure out, they were mailed to people who have let their ap's expire at some point in the last year or two.

Hmmm. Okay. I guess I didn't see it discussed already. For sure though the people I know who have recieved them have never had annual passes. The friend that called thought it was from being on the ElCapitan mailing list, all the people she had talked to about it said those are the only Disney mailings they've ever recieved before. She called me because she knew I was on the mailing list for ElCapitan too and she assumed I would have gotten a ticket too. I am on their mailing list and definatly didn't get it, same with my mom.

Anyways.Too weird LOL. And sorry for the repost. Must not have seen the other thread :)

I think I've only seen one post on here about it. But, I've seen it talked about on other Disney boards.

I haven't gotten any yet, but I do know it's not just former AP holders. There are some people who have never had an AP but still got the ticket. I'm not exactly sure what the criteria is for getting one, but it is part of the Year of a Million Dreams promotion.

I'm a Premium AP holder and I received the complimentary park hopper about 3 weeks ago. Don't know why they would send me one......maybe because I go so much, they thought I should bring a friend :confused3

elwise1966 said:
I'm a Premium AP holder and I received the complimentary park hopper about 3 weeks ago. Don't know why they would send me one......maybe because I go so much, they thought I should bring a friend :confused3

I'm a premium AP holder also and I'm also on the El Capitan mailing list.

I haven't received anything yet. :confused3

Nothing yet. :rolleyes: I/we are still waiting,and waiting,and waiting. :rolleyes1

elwise1966 said:
Hey, can I get yours..LOL, my AP expired last year and since we got married couldn't afford to renew it. And we haven't received any free tickets in the mail.

cmwade77 said:
Hey, can I get yours..LOL, my AP expired last year and since we got married couldn't afford to renew it. And we haven't received any free tickets in the mail.
:rotfl: Sorry...a friend will be using it this weekend. Of course I'm going too :cheer2:

Wow, I am going to move to either CA or FL....those residents always get good deals!!!!

LOL. Nothing for me either. But almost everyone I ask about it either recieved one or says 'I dont know, I think I got some junk mail from Disneyland'

And waiting.The record's stuck,the record's stuck,the record's stuck. :smokin:

elwise1966 said:
:rotfl: Sorry...a friend will be using it this weekend. Of course I'm going too :cheer2:

The ticket voucher I received said that it had to be used by someone with the same family name or living at the same address. Did they verify that at all?

My aunt lives in San Diego and just got one

she has never had an AP and as far as she knows is not on any Disney mailing lists

I'm sure Disney has purchased mailing lists from another source - they want to increase park attendance - when you think about it - why just market to your own followers?

CAmom2boys said:
The ticket voucher I received said that it had to be used by someone with the same family name or living at the same address. Did they verify that at all?

No...this is a regular park ticket, not a voucher.
It says "Complimentary" on the back and that it must be used by December ??

elwise1966 said:
No...this is a regular park ticket, not a voucher.
It says "Complimentary" on the back and that it must be used by December ??

And waiting,and waiting,wait,used by December? Well this stinks.
( and waiting ) :rolleyes:

I've been an annual passholder for about 9 years now and I am also on the El Capitan mailing list... does this cancel me out for the free ticket promotion? ;)

Actaully, I just heard about this from my DFi's boss. She was shocked I didn't know about it already seeing I'm the crazy Disney geek (or is that nerd?).

I guess this explains the intense crowds over at Disneyland. We went just yesterday and it was packed. One hour waits for the Mountains and the Mansion, over 30 min. for Pirates. Fastpasses, thankfully, were readily available. Good thing most people just don't get the concept. "Let's see, wait in the 45 min. long Splash Mountain ride. Or get a Fastpass that we can use in an hour and not have to wait in any line. Decisions, decisions." :lmao:

We go about once a month, usually on Sundays, and have never seen it like it was yesterday!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter