Free tickets for timeshare tour?

lorilori

DIS Veteran
Hi all. Friends are going to Disney next month staying through SkyAuction and would like to tour some other places. How would they find a tour that offers free attraction tickets? (They ARE actually thinking about buying, not just for the tickets!) Thanks so much.

just use any web search engine and type in "free disney ticket" and you will find a slew of sites. Just be prepared to give up your free time, perosnal infor (salary incliuded) and first born child. :rotfl2: After you get a few names of resorts "giving" the tickets away, come back and do a search on them here to see what others have posted. Good luck!

:flower: :banana: :earsgirl:

YEP!

We did one of the "90" minute tour once, and the tickets aren't free (maybe some places not sure) the're cheaper but not free and the 90 minute was like 4 hours if not more.
And yes, you give away all your info and they will try to sale !

Good Luck!
:flower:

They only get 90 minutes for the perk. No matter where they are in their presentation say thanks and head for the gift desk. I just say I didn't know this would be so long and we're to meet friends in 15 minutes -- gotta go.

janethill said:
They only get 90 minutes for the perk. No matter where they are in their presentation say thanks and head for the gift desk. I just say I didn't know this would be so long and we're to meet friends in 15 minutes -- gotta go.

WE DID! But they take you here, and then there, and they do the tour and they tell you "we not done" and they need to give you a paper to get the tickets!!! :guilty:

Bingo! You can leave at 90 minutes. Getting your "Freebies" is not as easy!

I think the price is too high. My time is worth something. LOL!

Pixiedust32, the timeshare tour offers posted in this thread include discounted stays with "free" theme park tickets included as the "gift"/bribe to attend - see the Marriott, Hilton, Fairfield & Bluegreen websites listed - they all have them.

Lorilori, if your friends are seriously considering a timeshare (or even toying with the idea), encourage them to learn about resales first. There's no reason to pay full price when they can save thousands of dollars (up to 75% off) by purchasing a resale. There are a tiny number of situations where they would reasonably buy from the developer but are those sales pitches effective at swaying the tempted buyer!!! Your friends can learn more about all this at TUG - Timeshare Users Group. Wish them well!

Hi all,

We received free tickets when we toured and I know they are still available. However, you do have to book a 2 or 3 night stay to receive the package deal. At any rate, $69.00 for 3 nights in a 5 Star/Gold Crown it is worth doing the 90 minute tour.

if you want more info, please feel free to email me at onmedic@sympatico.ca

P.S. I am quite versed in the timeshare resale market if they wish to chat.

Cheers,

Steve

We do timeshare tours every time we go to WDW. We just walk up to those little booths on the street, tell them what we want and ask where we can get it. Usually we ask for at least $80 in cash. Make sure you tell them no matter how well they like the timeshare, not to buy from the developer. You can get any timeshare on the resale market for much much less. Plus, Orlando is an easy place to trade into for most timeshares. Debby

Wyndham Palms and West Gate were giving $100 cash for their tours the last time we were down there 2 weeks ago. Just went to one of the little booths.

Also, make sure your friends learn about the resale market and they practice saying NO NO NO to the timeshare people.

I do this (timeshare tours) for fun or when I want extra tickets or Disney Dollars, etc. Sometimes they even offer cash! I have done Fairfield, Marriott, Hilton, Westgate, Wyndham Palms, Silver Lake and Ron Jon. Marriott and Fairfield were the friendliest and easiest to get out away from after 90 minutes. WESTGATE is SHARKY!!!!!! AVOID THEM. In 2001 I posted about all the tours I did in one week but can't find the post.

My sister got £500 (nearly $1,000) off a week's accomodation in return for attending a timeshare presentation in the same resort - can't remember which one (sorry) as she stayed 3 different villas over a 3-week holiday :flower:

Belle1962 said:
I do this (timeshare tours) for fun or when I want extra tickets or Disney Dollars, etc. Sometimes they even offer cash! I have done Fairfield, Marriott, Hilton, Westgate, Wyndham Palms, Silver Lake and Ron Jon. Marriott and Fairfield were the friendliest and easiest to get out away from after 90 minutes. WESTGATE is SHARKY!!!!!! AVOID THEM. In 2001 I posted about all the tours I did in one week but can't find the post.

:cool1:
WOW!!! Great deal, i use to work for Marriott and now only my husband does, and we get great associate discounts, but we like to get the attraction tickets for a cheap price.
We had stay at the Marriott Orlando World Center for $39.00 per night and in the Villas for $79.00. I think i can do timeshare tour since i no longer work for them.

webprinter said:
We do timeshare tours every time we go to WDW. We just walk up to those little booths on the street, tell them what we want and ask where we can get it. Usually we ask for at least $80 in cash. Make sure you tell them no matter how well they like the timeshare, not to buy from the developer. You can get any timeshare on the resale market for much much less. Plus, Orlando is an easy place to trade into for most timeshares. Debby

So you go to the booths and ask for the tours? And they give you the $$?
Why do you mean by "tell the no matter how well they like the timeshare, not to buy from the developer" do you mean to get out of it?

Thanks

I also do timeshare tours. I make sure that (1) I have my own transportation and (2) the salesperson and I agree to 90 minites in advance. I time them to keep them on track. I once toured Westgate and they were total sharks. Stay far, far away from them. I actually got into an argument with the "closer" guy and used the words "What part of 'no' don't you understand?" Be 100% prepared to say "no" many times and though your salesperson may be nice (that's their job), please do not be afraid to disappoint them or to be rude while you are saying "no". These days we tell the salespeople that we own at DVC and we are just there for the goodies. We tell them in advance thate we understand that we have to be there for 90 minutes and that's OK, but we have something to do right after the appointment.

robinb said:
I also do timeshare tours. I make sure that (1) I have my own transportation and (2) the salesperson and I agree to 90 minites in advance. I time them to keep them on track. I once toured Westgate and they were total sharks. Stay far, far away from them. I actually got into an argument with the "closer" guy and used the words "What part of 'no' don't you understand?" Be 100% prepared to say "no" many times and though your salesperson may be nice (that's their job), please do not be afraid to disappoint them or to be rude while you are saying "no". These days we tell the salespeople that we own at DVC and we are just there for the goodies. We tell them in advance thate we understand that we have to be there for 90 minutes and that's OK, but we have something to do right after the appointment.

Ohhh I see!!! So you don't have to stay there the whole 4 hours!!!!!

So is OK to tell them you don't what the timeshare, you just want the tickets??
They won't turn you down?

Thanks

ME: Sorry I need to leave, I have been here for Two hours and it was supposed to take 90mins.

SALESREP: Well we are not done, so you wont be getting your perks.

ME: What a shame I really liked this place but I dont think I could do business with a DISShonest company.

SALESREP: Here are your tickets, CALL ME.

PixieDust32 said:
Ohhh I see!!! So you don't have to stay there the whole 4 hours!!!!!

So is OK to tell them you don't what the timeshare, you just want the tickets??
They won't turn you down?

Thanks

The agreement is to spend 90 minutes listening to their pitch and I will get the tickets/free condo/etc. I always set the groundrules down first so I am not there for 3-4 hours while they drag it out. They have a 90 minute presentation and they have a much looooonnnnggggger presentation. My guess is that more people buy from the longer presentation and that's why they try to keep you there as long a possible to wear you down.

You don't have to pretend to be there for any other reason than the goodies. The vast majority of people are just there for the goodies and just don't want to say so to be polite. I don't ask a lot of questions, although I am friendly and attentive to the salesperson for their alloted amount of time. I check my watch frequently and give them a 30 minute warning. While they usually go over the 90 minutes, after the closer and the follow-up interview, it's a lot less than 3-4 hours!

Timeshare presentations can be a trial of you are a "people pleaser" and you want the salesperson to like you or if you are afraid to come off as rude. The salespeople are trained to be nice and to get you to feel a kind of relationship with them. Would you want to disappoint your new friend? Heck yes!

My recommendation is to:
(1) Set the ground-rules in advance.
(2) Time the sales people.
(3) Give them a 30 minute warning.
(4) Be pleasant, but firm.
(5) Do not be afraid to be rude or to hurt the salesperson's feelings.
(6) Do not agree to a free breakfast or lunch, that just gives them an extra 30-40 minutes to work you over while you're eating.
(7) Be honest about your intentions from the very beginning.
(8) Never rely on them to drive you to/from their sales center.

robinb said:
The agreement is to spend 90 minutes listening to their pitch and I will get the tickets/free condo/etc. I always set the groundrules down first so I am not there for 3-4 hours while they drag it out. They have a 90 minute presentation and they have a much looooonnnnggggger presentation. My guess is that more people buy from the longer presentation and that's why they try to keep you there as long a possible to wear you down.

You don't have to pretend to be there for any other reason than the goodies. The vast majority of people are just there for the goodies and just don't want to say so to be polite. I don't ask a lot of questions, although I am friendly and attentive to the salesperson for their alloted amount of time. I check my watch frequently and give them a 30 minute warning. While they usually go over the 90 minutes, after the closer and the follow-up interview, it's a lot less than 3-4 hours!

Timeshare presentations can be a trial of you are a "people pleaser" and you want the salesperson to like you or if you are afraid to come off as rude. The salespeople are trained to be nice and to get you to feel a kind of relationship with them. Would you want to disappoint your new friend? Heck yes!

My recommendation is to:
(1) Set the ground-rules in advance.
(2) Time the sales people.
(3) Give them a 30 minute warning.
(4) Be pleasant, but firm.
(5) Do not be afraid to be rude or to hurt the salesperson's feelings.
(6) Do not agree to a free breakfast or lunch, that just gives them an extra 30-40 minutes to work you over while you're eating.
(7) Be honest about your intentions from the very beginning.
(8) Never rely on them to drive you to/from their sales center.

GOTCHA!!!!

THANKS!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter